IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Buy Eagles tickets or search for cheap sports tickets including all playoff games and super bowl tickets @ LetsGetTickets.com
Posts in this topic
> Three Big Positives and more
Zero
post Sep 25 2017, 05:39 AM
Post #1

Soldier #1654 of the Eagle Empire

Group: Members

1. Beating and potentially burying a division rival
  2. Resolving the LG nightmare
  3. Discovering the benefits of a running game
  • Wentz is listed at 6'5", 237 lbs but his imitation of Sproles and Shady is remarkable. He had defenders grabbing air with his moves.
  • With Sproles out, watching a combination of Blount and Smallwood with a sprinkle of Clemens was fun and goes back to #2 above. We're going to miss Sproles, especially his PR but this could be a decent 3-headed committee ... plus, think play action.
  • Mills is playing way better than a 7th rounder. Beckham beat him a couple of times, but he does that to everyone.
  • Agholor is contributing, not as much as we'd like ... is that because he's not open? He's much better this year.
  • I'm glad Kendricks wasn't traded, he continues making plays when he's playing.
  • Schwartz is good, but players make coaches great. The D dominates with all the starters but they were still good enough to win without key players. What will this defense look like with Darby and Jones as the starters?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Birdwatcher
post Sep 25 2017, 08:33 AM
Post #2

Hall of Famer

QUOTE (Zero @ Sep 25 2017, 06:39 AM) *
  • Wentz is listed at 6'5", 237 lbs but his imitation of Sproles and Shady is remarkable. He had defenders grabbing air with his moves.
  • With Sproles out, watching a combination of Blount and Smallwood with a sprinkle of Clemens was fun and goes back to #2 above. We're going to miss Sproles, especially his PR but this could be a decent 3-headed committee ... plus, think play action.
  • Mills is playing way better than a 7th rounder. Beckham beat him a couple of times, but he does that to everyone.
  • Agholor is contributing, not as much as we'd like ... is that because he's not open? He's much better this year.
  • I'm glad Kendricks wasn't traded, he continues making plays when he's playing.
  • Schwartz is good, but players make coaches great. The D dominates with all the starters but they were still good enough to win without key players. What will this defense look like with Darby and Jones as the starters?

You mentioned Mills, but what about Rasul? It was another good week for the kid with his first pick to boot!

+Quote Post
Zero
post Sep 25 2017, 08:41 AM
Post #3

Soldier #1654 of the Eagle Empire

QUOTE (Birdwatcher @ Sep 25 2017, 09:33 AM) *
You mentioned Mills, but what about Rasul? It was another good week for the kid with his first pick to boot!
And picked it over a pretty good and sizable WR. Good call, Bw.

+Quote Post
Joegrane
post Sep 25 2017, 09:20 AM
Post #4

Hall of Famer

Is the situation at L OG really resolved or do they expect to continue to rotate guys there. I don't have a problem with the rotation as long as the lack of continuity does not hurt them.

This should be its own discussion but were they rotating OGs to make it more difficult for the D coordinator to scheme based on the weakness of each guy?

QUOTE (Zero @ Sep 25 2017, 05:39 AM) *

+Quote Post
Pila
post Sep 25 2017, 10:04 AM
Post #5

Eusébio

QUOTE (Joegrane @ Sep 25 2017, 02:20 PM) *
Is the situation at L OG really resolved or do they expect to continue to rotate guys there. I don't have a problem with the rotation as long as the lack of continuity does not hurt them.

This should be its own discussion but were they rotating OGs to make it more difficult for the D coordinator to scheme based on the weakness of each guy?

I think the guard rotation was an attempt to let a guy win the starter position. It's weird to do in a game though. Weird in that I don't think I've ever seen it done before with that intent.

--------------------
[img]http://dreadart67.files.wordpress.com/2008/03/benfica-2008-ii.jpg[/img]

+Quote Post
Birdwatcher
post Sep 25 2017, 10:20 AM
Post #6

Hall of Famer

QUOTE (Zero @ Sep 25 2017, 09:41 AM) *
And picked it over a pretty good and sizable WR. Good call, Bw.

There is also the fact that this was the kind of game they lost last year, a huge step forward in a team's growth.
And most unbelievable of all, they ran more than they threw...is Pedey learning? I'm ok with him making mistakes, but after two weeks I was doubting he would ever run the ball enough, so that is good. Even if we lose Sproles for the season, we still look solid at RB w Blount, Smallwood, and Clement now. For those that bitched that they used Blount too little, if you look at the stats, Smallwood actually put up similar numbers and broke a few really good runs. They combined for over 150 yards on the ground, no complaints there.

On another note, not obvious, but vital, Kendricks looked good yesterday, getting more snaps after Hicks went out, and making some good plays when he had the chance.

+Quote Post
The Franchise
post Sep 25 2017, 12:46 PM
Post #7

Hall of Famer

QUOTE (Zero @ Sep 25 2017, 05:39 AM) *
Agholor is contributing, not as much as we'd like ... is that because he's not open? He's much better this year.

At any given time, he's at best our 3rd weapon on the field. Sometimes 4th or 5th. There's no excuse for him not getting some good looks with the best defenders on the field worried about other guys. I'm reconsidering my belief that he's headed for Canton.

--------------------
"If it came down to both teams were even, talent-wise, I think the opponent's team would win if it came down to coaching. Andy Reid got out-coached in a lot of games, man, a lot of big games."

+Quote Post
D Rock
post Sep 25 2017, 05:01 PM
Post #8

Resident "Literal Police"

All of the WRs are underperforming.

Not sure if it’s scheme or QB, but they’re getting too few balls.

--------------------
I'll Drink to That!!!!!

+Quote Post
Rick
post Sep 25 2017, 05:36 PM
Post #9

Hall of Famer

QUOTE (D Rock @ Sep 25 2017, 06:01 PM) *
All of the WRs are underperforming.

Not sure if it’s scheme or QB, but they’re getting too few balls.

I have to agree with you on this. With the talent they have at WR, they should be doing more damage.

+Quote Post
CT_Eagle
post Sep 25 2017, 05:43 PM
Post #10

Hall of Famer

QUOTE (Rick @ Sep 25 2017, 11:36 PM) *
I have to agree with you on this. With the talent they have at WR, they should be doing more damage.

They need to get the pass protection under control if they hope to ever do anything with Wentz and the receivers. This OL has been horrible in pass protection. Wentz is a young QB and he does not make fast decisions at this point. The OL needs to give him some time.

+Quote Post
Joegrane
post Sep 25 2017, 08:24 PM
Post #11

Hall of Famer

Do you remember all of the short routes they ran last year. People complained that he was mr dink and dunk. This year they are running more intermediate routes that take longer to develop. Have you seen an All 22 showing open receivers early in the play.

QUOTE (CT_Eagle @ Sep 25 2017, 05:43 PM) *
They need to get the pass protection under control if they hope to ever do anything with Wentz and the receivers. This OL has been horrible in pass protection. Wentz is a young QB and he does not make fast decisions at this point. The OL needs to give him some time.

+Quote Post
The Franchise
post Sep 25 2017, 10:54 PM
Post #12

Hall of Famer

QUOTE (Joegrane @ Sep 25 2017, 08:24 PM) *
Do you remember all of the short routes they ran last year. People complained that he was mr dink and dunk. This year they are running more intermediate routes that take longer to develop. Have you seen an All 22 showing open receivers early in the play.

Though it may be blasphemous to say this right now, Wentz is starting to appear to me as a better version of Alex Smith. Mid-range dinking and dunking may be the best course for our passing game, and if it works so be it - my main concern would be the support of that needed from the running game, how our RBs are used. His deep ball sucks, and I'm not sure that's something Pederson can coach him out of.

--------------------
"If it came down to both teams were even, talent-wise, I think the opponent's team would win if it came down to coaching. Andy Reid got out-coached in a lot of games, man, a lot of big games."

+Quote Post
CT_Eagle
post Sep 26 2017, 07:28 AM
Post #13

Hall of Famer

QUOTE (Joegrane @ Sep 26 2017, 02:24 AM) *

I have only seen a handfull of all 22. You may have a point regarding route development. If what you say is true, Pederson may be forced to shift his focus to the short game.

+Quote Post
nephillymike
post Sep 26 2017, 07:59 PM
Post #14

Token Axis Member

If Isaac or Chance play one more down when Wiz is healthy, Wiz should demand a trade on the spot.

He is a good OG, they are far from it.

I agree with the positives.

My biggest positive is that the team and coaches ( and fans!) know we can run the ball well to support our passing offense.

+Quote Post
Birdwatcher
post Sep 26 2017, 09:33 PM
Post #15

Hall of Famer

QUOTE (nephillymike @ Sep 26 2017, 08:59 PM) *
If Isaac or Chance play one more down when Wiz is healthy, Wiz should demand a trade on the spot.

He is a good OG, they are far from it.

I agree with the positives.

My biggest positive is that the team and coaches ( and fans!) know we can run the ball well to support our passing offense.

I expect that once they review game film the choice will become obvious, and they damn well better keep pulling Kelce and running the ball! He does much better when moving than trying to block big DTs in the middle.

+Quote Post
D Rock
post Sep 26 2017, 11:57 PM
Post #16

Resident "Literal Police"

QUOTE (CT_Eagle @ Sep 26 2017, 01:28 PM) *
I have only seen a handfull of all 22. You may have a point regarding route development. If what you say is true, Pederson may be forced to shift his focus to the short game.

It was a great point. Alas, he stole it from me. laugh.gif

--------------------
I'll Drink to That!!!!!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

NFL Football Tickets    football flash games   
RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd October 2017 - 07:44 PM