IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Buy Eagles tickets or search for cheap sports tickets including all playoff games and super bowl tickets @ LetsGetTickets.com
Posts in this topic
> Seriously worried after 3 games, Both QB and Coach
Phits
post Sep 25 2017, 03:34 PM
Post #1

Hall of Famer

Group: Members

QUOTE (CT_Eagle @ Sep 25 2017, 02:23 PM) *
Pederson is one of the unknowns for me. My opinion of him at this point is still being formed. My gut tells me that he is going to suffer the same shortcomings as Reid. Poor game day decision making and a predisposition to fall back on excessive passing when the game plan begins to falter.

Is there such a thing as "excessive passing" in today's NFL? If so, what is the benchmark for excessive passing?

--------------------
"Bless my eyes this morning, Jah sun is on the rise once again. The way earthly things are going, anything can happen." Robert Nesta Marley (1945 1981)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
CT_Eagle
post Sep 25 2017, 04:27 PM
Post #2

Hall of Famer

Group: Members

QUOTE (Phits @ Sep 25 2017, 09:34 PM) *
Is there such a thing as "excessive passing" in today's NFL? If so, what is the benchmark for excessive passing?

Of course. We would all agree that 0% passing is too little and 100% is too much, or "excessive". The real question is at what level is it too much and there is no consensus. Take a look at various posters on this site and there is a healthy variety of opinion on this subject. For me, I draw the line at around 60% for the season, not an individual game, for the season. Take a look at the history of Super Bowl winners and their season pass percentage. You will find very few teams have won the Super Bowl with a seasonal pass percentage over 60%. A couple have approached 60 but did not break it. The 60% line is a very good dividing line.

Individual games are different. There are numerous factors which may lead a team to pass for more than 60% in a game. Being behind by a large margin or late in the game would be cause. Also, taking advantage of an opponent with a weak secondary. The flow of the game will dictate the percentage.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

NFL Football Tickets    football flash games   
RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 12th December 2017 - 10:40 PM