IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Buy Eagles tickets or search for cheap sports tickets including all playoff games and super bowl tickets @ LetsGetTickets.com
Posts in this topic
> Seriously worried after 3 games, Both QB and Coach
Reality Fan
post Sep 24 2017, 05:03 PM
Post #1

Keeper Of The Truth

Group: Members

Several things are a concern. Pederson seems to just try things to say he is the coach. Blount is killing the Giants and then disappears for 2-3 series. He takes him out on short yardage downs for Smallwood.

Wentz can't throw a deep ball to save his life.

--------------------
The sooner you agree with me, the sooner you'll be right.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Rick
post Sep 25 2017, 04:53 PM
Post #2

Hall of Famer

QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Sep 25 2017, 04:29 PM) *
Well, I know that he has a weight clause in his contract. Which usually isn't done for no reason at all.

And why is there a weight clause in his contract (and where did you see this)? Just because he may be heavy doesn't mean he isn't fit. However, being lighter can help you make cuts, etc. He looked fine yesterday for sure. They weren't showing him huffing and puffing on the sideline. When he was finished with his runs he didn't look to be tired, out of breath etc.

Maybe it's just that whole RB by committee Pedersen is talking about and not really an issue with his fitness?

Your disdain for Blount makes absolutely no sense....especially after how much he punished the Vagiants' D yesterday. Would have been nice to have seen him punish them some more.

+Quote Post
mcnabbulous
post Sep 25 2017, 05:31 PM
Post #3

Hall of Famer

QUOTE (Rick @ Sep 25 2017, 04:53 PM) *
And why is there a weight clause in his contract (and where did you see this)? Just because he may be heavy doesn't mean he isn't fit. However, being lighter can help you make cuts, etc. He looked fine yesterday for sure. They weren't showing him huffing and puffing on the sideline. When he was finished with his runs he didn't look to be tired, out of breath etc.

Maybe it's just that whole RB by committee Pedersen is talking about and not really an issue with his fitness?

Your disdain for Blount makes absolutely no sense....especially after how much he punished the Vagiants' D yesterday. Would have been nice to have seen him punish them some more.

This has absolutely nothing to do with disdain for Blount. He’s personally not my style back due to his lack of pass catching ability, but I have nothing against him. I just think giving major carries to a 30+ back coming off a career high in touches is short sighted.

But if you want to learn about his weight clause, it’s not hard to find.

+Quote Post
Rick
post Sep 25 2017, 05:35 PM
Post #4

Hall of Famer

QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Sep 25 2017, 06:31 PM) *
This has absolutely nothing to do with disdain for Blount. He’s personally not my style back due to his lack of pass catching ability, but I have nothing against him. I just think giving major carries to a 30+ back coming off a career high in touches is short sighted.

But if you want to learn about his weight clause, it’s not hard to find.

So, he's on the team, should they NOT use him for what they picked him up for--short yardage situations? Might help them actually win a game. Is that too short-sighted?

I'm sure I can find the weight clause but, until you've mentioned it, I hadn't heard anything about it. So, enlighten me, why does he have the weight clause? Has he been unfit in the past or just a little heavier than they'd like. There is a difference you know...

+Quote Post
mcnabbulous
post Sep 25 2017, 05:49 PM
Post #5

Hall of Famer

QUOTE (Rick @ Sep 25 2017, 05:35 PM) *
So, he's on the team, should they NOT use him for what they picked him up for--short yardage situations? Might help them actually win a game. Is that too short-sighted?

Well, considering I think that quickness/acceleration are more important to short yardage running than size, you’re probably asking the wrong person.

I'm sure I can find the weight clause but, until you've mentioned it, I hadn't heard anything about it. So, enlighten me, why does he have the weight clause? Has he been unfit in the past or just a little heavier than they'd like. There is a difference you know...

I don’t recall saying he was unfit. Just not the model of fitness. Mikey has mentioned several times that he’s at 265 this year. Not sure where he heard that. But as to why he has the clause? It’s because they want to incentivize him for not being fatter than he was last year.

+Quote Post
The Franchise
post Sep 25 2017, 07:06 PM
Post #6

Hall of Famer

QUOTE (Rick @ Sep 25 2017, 06:35 PM) *

He's officially listed at 250 (I don't know where the hell 265 comes from either). His contract offered him an extra $50,000 to show up at training camp weighing between 240-245. This obviously shows the Eagles wanted him a few pounds lighter, but not too light. I can't find anything official on whether he got the money or not, there was speculation considering the official training camp guide had him at 250.

I was high on the signing because we got him for cheap, and it gave us a heavy RB who could pick up short yardage and wear down the defense, something I don't remember us ever really having. Nobody wants to tackle the guy, as we saw yesterday. I think I could bring down Smallwood if he ran right at me.

--------------------
"If it came down to both teams were even, talent-wise, I think the opponent's team would win if it came down to coaching. Andy Reid got out-coached in a lot of games, man, a lot of big games."

+Quote Post
mcnabbulous
post Sep 25 2017, 08:24 PM
Post #7

Hall of Famer

Hey Mikey - you are being summoned. Where did 265 come from?

+Quote Post
Rick
post Sep 26 2017, 05:36 AM
Post #8

Hall of Famer

QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Sep 25 2017, 06:49 PM) *
Well, considering I think that quickness/acceleration are more important to short yardage running than size, you’re probably asking the wrong person.

I don’t recall saying he was unfit. Just not the model of fitness. Mikey has mentioned several times that he’s at 265 this year. Not sure where he heard that. But as to why he has the clause? It’s because they want to incentivize him for not being fatter than he was last year.

Well, by definition, if you say he is not the model of fitness, you are saying he is unfit.

I have not seen photos of him without a shirt on or even in street clothes. So I cannot comment on whether he is fat or not--you seem to think he is fat. Now, at 6' and (listed) 250, he could be fat or he could be muscular and more fit than you seem to think he can be. Personally, I'm 6' tall and walk around at about 240 normally. I am muscular and nobody I know who's seen me thinks I'm fat. It is quite possible to be that height/weight and be fit fit, it is also quite possible to be that height/weight and be fat. My guess is he's somewhere in between. Now, I also don't have the kind of speed a RB would need but I also have never been fleet of foot.

What I'm saying is, you seem to be making broad assumptions here. But, if you watched his performance on Sunday--I'm pretty sure you did--and don't think he was a benefit to the team the way he was running, then you are crazy.

+Quote Post
mcnabbulous
post Sep 26 2017, 06:13 AM
Post #9

Hall of Famer

QUOTE (Rick @ Sep 26 2017, 05:36 AM) *
Well, by definition, if you say he is not the model of fitness, you are saying he is unfit.

I have not seen photos of him without a shirt on or even in street clothes. So I cannot comment on whether he is fat or not--you seem to think he is fat. Now, at 6' and (listed) 250, he could be fat or he could be muscular and more fit than you seem to think he can be. Personally, I'm 6' tall and walk around at about 240 normally. I am muscular and nobody I know who's seen me thinks I'm fat. It is quite possible to be that height/weight and be fit fit, it is also quite possible to be that height/weight and be fat. My guess is he's somewhere in between. Now, I also don't have the kind of speed a RB would need but I also have never been fleet of foot.

What I'm saying is, you seem to be making broad assumptions here. But, if you watched his performance on Sunday--I'm pretty sure you did--and don't think he was a benefit to the team the way he was running, then you are crazy.

I simply said he might not have the endurance to be on the field the whole game. You can twist that however you’d like.

+Quote Post
Reality Fan
post Sep 26 2017, 08:11 AM
Post #10

Keeper Of The Truth

QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Sep 26 2017, 07:13 AM) *
I simply said he might not have the endurance to be on the field the whole game. You can twist that however you’d like.

I would say that your idea is the only one that makes sense short of Pederson being overly experimental. They may have have been resting him between uses thinking he needs to get his games legs for later in the year.

--------------------
The sooner you agree with me, the sooner you'll be right.

+Quote Post
Rick
post Sep 26 2017, 09:43 AM
Post #11

Hall of Famer

QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Sep 26 2017, 07:13 AM) *

I'm not twisting anything. You said (essentially) he is not fit with no evidence to support it. I just called you out on it.

+Quote Post
Joegrane
post Sep 26 2017, 09:52 AM
Post #12

Hall of Famer

Just a couple of weeks ago we were blasting Blount for looking overweight, slow and old!

QUOTE (Rick @ Sep 26 2017, 09:43 AM) *
I'm not twisting anything. You said (essentially) he is not fit with no evidence to support it. I just called you out on it.

+Quote Post
mcnabbulous
post Sep 26 2017, 10:10 AM
Post #13

Hall of Famer

QUOTE (Joegrane @ Sep 26 2017, 09:52 AM) *
Just a couple of weeks ago we were blasting Blount for looking overweight, slow and old!

Haha. For real. Why is it unreasonable to assume a guy that is likely 250-265lbs gets winded after barreling over a bunch of other large men.

He’s a big, older (in football years) dude. He had a career high in touches last year. But sure. Let’s run him into the ground in week 3 in a game we should have dominated.

+Quote Post
The Franchise
post Sep 26 2017, 01:02 PM
Post #14

Hall of Famer

QUOTE (Joegrane @ Sep 26 2017, 09:52 AM) *

No, you all were, with one or two other exceptions. The punishment he deals out to tacklers more than makes up for any step he's lost. He's about the same size as Mike Alstott was. Nobody tires out or is scared of tackling Smallwood. Maybe the KC game would've gone differently if Blount didn't register 1 official touch.

--------------------
"If it came down to both teams were even, talent-wise, I think the opponent's team would win if it came down to coaching. Andy Reid got out-coached in a lot of games, man, a lot of big games."

+Quote Post
Rick
post Sep 26 2017, 02:14 PM
Post #15

Hall of Famer

QUOTE (Joegrane @ Sep 26 2017, 10:52 AM) *

WE were not. I never said anything like that.

+Quote Post
Rick
post Sep 26 2017, 02:15 PM
Post #16

Hall of Famer

QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Sep 26 2017, 11:10 AM) *
Haha. For real. Why is it unreasonable to assume a guy that is likely 250-265lbs gets winded after barreling over a bunch of other large men.

He’s a big, older (in football years) dude. He had a career high in touches last year. But sure. Let’s run him into the ground in week 3 in a game we should have dominated.

Because there is absolutely no evidence to suggest this is what happened/happens. YOU are the one who keeps talking about how out of shape he is. If there is evidence to support your theory, then yeah, I can see your point. But, there is none.

+Quote Post
nephillymike
post Sep 26 2017, 07:44 PM
Post #17

Token Axis Member

QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Sep 25 2017, 08:24 PM) *
Hey Mikey - you are being summoned. Where did 265 come from?

Adam Caplan last week on 97.5 thru an unnamed Eagles source said he showed up at 265 at training camp.

Caplan is well connected.

+Quote Post
The Franchise
post Sep 26 2017, 07:55 PM
Post #18

Hall of Famer

QUOTE (nephillymike @ Sep 26 2017, 08:44 PM) *
Adam Caplan

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

That's all you had to write buddy. The asshole who fueled the 'Blount is getting cut' rumors. Apparently his 'connections' aren't very good.

--------------------

+Quote Post
mcnabbulous
post Sep 26 2017, 08:29 PM
Post #19

Hall of Famer

He’s probably the most well informed insider.

+Quote Post
The Franchise
post Sep 26 2017, 10:32 PM
Post #20

Hall of Famer

QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Sep 26 2017, 08:29 PM) *
He’s probably the most well informed insider.

Clearly that doesn't speak well for other 'insiders.'

--------------------

+Quote Post
mcnabbulous
post Sep 26 2017, 11:02 PM
Post #21

Hall of Famer

QUOTE (The Franchise @ Sep 26 2017, 10:32 PM) *
Clearly that doesn't speak well for other 'insiders.'

Maybe not. But it’s reality. Frankly, I’m not even sure what competition he has at this point.

+Quote Post
SAM I Am
post Sep 28 2017, 04:18 PM
Post #22

Fuck Jerry Jones and the Cowturds

QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Sep 25 2017, 08:08 AM) *
I think my point is that he's capable of throwing a great deep ball. For whatever reason, his timing isn't there yet with these receivers.

He's also still only in his second year. He's a far more advanced passer than the best QB in franchise history at this point in their respective careers.

I really think the the expectations are out of whack for the kid.

Agreed. Probably because he already has carried himself on and off the field and played like a seasoned vet who is only starting his second season.

I have no concerns regarding Wentz. In fact, I am thrilled he will be our QB for the next decade plus.

--------------------
He just couldn't get his Ducks in a row.
Fade to black, for now.

+Quote Post
Bisonbacker
post Oct 1 2017, 06:45 PM
Post #23

Rookie

QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Sep 24 2017, 11:41 PM) *
Even a broken clock is right twice a day and that was vs. the Browns. He is increasingly bad and this year he has WRs that actually beat good CBs and has underthrown or overthrown them all badly. It has to be a concern. He can scramble but he holds the ball way too long. I don't know of that is because the plays take forever to develop or he is too conservative but he needs to get the ball out or they need to simplify their routes.

Talk about a broken clock. You'd piss and moan if you were hung with a new rope. Today against the bolts just proves how wrong you are.

+Quote Post
Zero
post Oct 1 2017, 06:55 PM
Post #24

Soldier #1654 of the Eagle Empire

QUOTE (Bisonbacker @ Oct 1 2017, 07:45 PM) *
Talk about a broken clock. You'd piss and moan if you were hung with a new rope. Today against the bolts just proves how wrong you are.

That long pass to Ertz was beee ooo tee full!

+Quote Post
Bisonbacker
post Oct 1 2017, 06:57 PM
Post #25

Rookie

QUOTE (Zero @ Oct 1 2017, 06:55 PM) *
That long pass to Ertz was beee ooo tee full!

Not to mention the pass to Agholor. Smith had one passed right to his hands that he dropped that could have been another big gainer if not a TD.

+Quote Post
Pila
post Oct 1 2017, 06:58 PM
Post #26

Eusbio

QUOTE (SAM I Am @ Sep 28 2017, 10:18 PM) *
Agreed. Probably because he already has carried himself on and off the field and played like a seasoned vet who is only starting his second season.

I have no concerns regarding Wentz. In fact, I am thrilled he will be our QB for the next decade plus.

That guy is on the verge of greatness. The poise is unmistakable.

--------------------
[img]http://dreadart67.files.wordpress.com/2008/03/benfica-2008-ii.jpg[/img]

+Quote Post
SAM I Am
post Oct 1 2017, 07:04 PM
Post #27

Fuck Jerry Jones and the Cowturds

QUOTE (Pila @ Oct 1 2017, 07:58 PM) *
That guy is on the verge of greatness. The poise is unmistakable.

And just think. He'll be wearing Eagle Green for a decade plus!!!

--------------------
He just couldn't get his Ducks in a row.
Fade to black, for now.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

NFL Football Tickets    football flash games   
RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd October 2017 - 09:10 PM