IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Buy Eagles tickets or search for cheap sports tickets including all playoff games and super bowl tickets @ LetsGetTickets.com
> Seriously worried after 3 games, Both QB and Coach
Reality Fan
post Sep 24 2017, 05:03 PM
Post #1

Keeper Of The Truth

Group: Members

Several things are a concern. Pederson seems to just try things to say he is the coach. Blount is killing the Giants and then disappears for 2-3 series. He takes him out on short yardage downs for Smallwood.

Wentz can't throw a deep ball to save his life.

--------------------
The sooner you agree with me, the sooner you'll be right.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
4 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Start new topic
Replies (1 - 14)
Zero
post Sep 24 2017, 05:06 PM
Post #2

Soldier #1654 of the Eagle Empire

I don't think Pederson is a HC. He should be an OC under a strong, experience coach ... like Andy. He jumped the nest too soon, IMO. Wentz does have problems with his deep ball, but I'm not giving up hope there. I've heard too many knowledgeable people say accuracy and the long ball sometimes come after a few years.

+Quote Post
Birdwatcher
post Sep 24 2017, 05:10 PM
Post #3

Hall of Famer

QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Sep 24 2017, 06:03 PM) *
Several things are a concern. Pederson seems to just try things to say he is the coach. Blount is killing the Giants and then disappears for 2-3 series. He takes him out on short yardage downs for Smallwood.

Overblown worries if u ask me, Wentz is a work in progress and he has just 3 games playing with his new WRs, so I do believe his long ball will get better as they develop better chemistry. The coach is another thing, that stupid 4th down call before the half was one of the dumbest things I ever saw. He did realize that running the ball was necessary this week, so maybe he learns from today's mistakes too. I still have little faith in him, but I have plenty that Wentz will continue to improve in all facets of the game.

+Quote Post
The Franchise
post Sep 24 2017, 05:17 PM
Post #4

Hall of Famer

QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Sep 24 2017, 06:03 PM) *

Preaching to the choir. You completely dominate a division rival, you can go into the locker room pitching a shutout, and you call an unbelievably stupid 4th down attempt, which allows the Giants to gain all the momentum back - fortunately, our defense stepped up.

Another 4th quarter collapse where we were really lucky to get the win in regulation. Around 5 minutes of no play at one point late in the game, and we call timeout once play resumes because we don't have a play ready. Pederson has been terrible.

--------------------
"If it came down to both teams were even, talent-wise, I think the opponent's team would win if it came down to coaching. Andy Reid got out-coached in a lot of games, man, a lot of big games."

+Quote Post
Pila
post Sep 24 2017, 05:20 PM
Post #5

Eusbio

The 4th n 8 was plain sophomoric. The first series looked bad.

But outside of that, I thought the team was incredibly mentally tough.

im not worried about the long throw, personally. He did hit a little of those in training cramp. It'll come.

--------------------
[img]http://dreadart67.files.wordpress.com/2008/03/benfica-2008-ii.jpg[/img]

+Quote Post
Zero
post Sep 24 2017, 05:20 PM
Post #6

Soldier #1654 of the Eagle Empire

QUOTE (The Franchise @ Sep 24 2017, 06:17 PM) *
Another 4th quarter collapse where we were really lucky to get the win in regulation. Around 5 minutes of no play at one point late in the game, and we call timeout once play resumes because we don't have a play ready. Pederson has been terrible.

To be fair, the defense was seriously depleted to begin the game, by the fourth quarter they added Sproles, Cox and Hendricks to the list. And they won.

+Quote Post
Rick
post Sep 24 2017, 05:55 PM
Post #7

Hall of Famer

My main concerns are Pederson as a HC and the defense. If they don't get pressure, they can't stop anyone. Although, like for the past 10+ years, I sit and watch as they have the CBs playing 10-15 yards deep on the WR then backpedaling. Then the QB throws the ball to said WR for an easy catch. Why the hell won't they press the WRs more!!??? Yeah, you may get burned occasionally but you're surely going to continue to give up easy receptions the way they play back.

+Quote Post
Joegrane
post Sep 24 2017, 06:25 PM
Post #8

Hall of Famer

I agree about Pedey's strange calls--4th n 8, 50 yard FG for a rookie at the time when the D was dominating.

I wonder if Blount does not have much gas in the can. Maybe that is their way to keep him fresh and as explosive as possible. He was hammering DBs in the first half. It seemed that Warmack was a big help in the run game in the first half.

I thought it was quite smart to use Sproles on one of the 4th and a foot situations. Sproles provides the threat of an outside run in a situation where a QB sneak is expected.

It is nice to see Agholor continue to contribute. It appears he will be a solid slot WR for the Eagles. That does not justify his 1st round pick and I'm not sure he'll have a better overall career than M Hollins, but at least he won't be a bust.

If none of the injuries is serious I'm actually not that concerned. Before the in-game injuries they were on the way to taking care of business in an ugly NFC East game while short on DBs. When healthy they are probably playoff contenders especially in a weaker than expected NFC East.

QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Sep 24 2017, 05:03 PM) *

+Quote Post
nephillymike
post Sep 24 2017, 06:58 PM
Post #9

Token Axis Member

On one hand, it makes us tough to defend as we've shown a running game.

On the other hand, Wentz's deep ball can give teams the option to jam our receivers and dare him to throw a long strike.

The QB made some nice plays with his legs and courage.

2-1, 2-0 in division.

Good to see.

+Quote Post
Joegrane
post Sep 24 2017, 07:43 PM
Post #10

Hall of Famer

I think Wentz would be better off going back to throwing the deep balls a little short. His outside WRs have been good at playing DB in those situations, unlike the NYG WR Marshall, who was pulling his pud while R Douglass made the nice, easy INT. I'm sure glad we ended up with A Jeffrey rather than B Marshall.

QUOTE (nephillymike @ Sep 24 2017, 06:58 PM) *
On one hand, it makes us tough to defend as we've shown a running game.

On the other hand, Wentz's deep ball can give teams the option to jam our receivers and dare him to throw a long strike.

The QB made some nice plays with his legs and courage.

2-1, 2-0 in division.

Good to see.

+Quote Post
nephillymike
post Sep 24 2017, 08:03 PM
Post #11

Token Axis Member

QUOTE (Joegrane @ Sep 24 2017, 07:43 PM) *
I think Wentz would be better off going back to throwing the deep balls a little short. His outside WRs have been good at playing DB in those situations, unlike the NYG WR Marshall, who was pulling his pud while R Douglass made the nice, easy INT. I'm sure glad we ended up with A Jeffrey rather than B Marshall.

He did that today. Lucky we got a PI. A good throw is a TD.

+Quote Post
mcnabbulous
post Sep 24 2017, 08:14 PM
Post #12

Hall of Famer

QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Sep 24 2017, 05:03 PM) *

+Quote Post
Reality Fan
post Sep 24 2017, 11:41 PM
Post #13

Keeper Of The Truth

QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Sep 24 2017, 09:14 PM) *

Even a broken clock is right twice a day and that was vs. the Browns. He is increasingly bad and this year he has WRs that actually beat good CBs and has underthrown or overthrown them all badly. It has to be a concern. He can scramble but he holds the ball way too long. I don't know of that is because the plays take forever to develop or he is too conservative but he needs to get the ball out or they need to simplify their routes.

--------------------
The sooner you agree with me, the sooner you'll be right.

+Quote Post
JeeQ
post Sep 25 2017, 12:07 AM
Post #14

Hall of Famer

What worries me more about the coaching than anything is they won't make game-time adjustments to save their life. Gameplan not working in the first half, come back in the second half with the same exact gameplan.

The defense played softly through 3 quarters, Giants finally picked up on it and shredded us for 24 points in one-quarter. Let me repeat that, 0 points in 3 quarters, 24 points in one-quarter; what the fuck! I'm glad we got the win but alarms should be sounding everywhere. We were one penalty away from losing this game in the span of one-quarter.

+Quote Post
D Rock
post Sep 25 2017, 12:14 AM
Post #15

Resident "Literal Police"

I have little confidence in either QB or Coach.

The problem is either “Andy-esque” routes that take too long to develop, WRs who can’t get open, or a QB who is gun shy or simply not seeing it.

The passing game is terrible. The play-calling is predictable. Pulling Blount to give reps to ANYBODY else was crazy. Now we’ve wasted Sproles who SHOULD have had his touches saved for the passing game.

Our near total lack of success on 1st and 2nd down is frustrating the hell out of me.

The D is banged up across the board. This O has to get it’s shit together, and quick.

--------------------
I'll Drink to That!!!!!

+Quote Post
4 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

NFL Football Tickets    football flash games   
RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th December 2017 - 10:13 PM