IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Buy Eagles tickets or search for cheap sports tickets including all playoff games and super bowl tickets @ LetsGetTickets.com
Posts in this topic
> Predictions for the game?, Win or Lose, and by how much?
nephillymike
post Sep 22 2017, 09:07 PM
Post #1

Token Axis Member

Group: Members

When you look at this game, what do you expect?

When I break this game down as units vs units, I get a game that should be closer than many are expecting.

Eagles Offense vs Giants Defense

NY DL has a solid advantage over our OL.

NY LB and DB vs our TE, WR and RB is a slight advantage to PHI, given that Jenoris is out.

Overall, this matchup is slight advantage NYG.

Giants Offense vs. Eagles Defense

PHI DL has a huge advantage over the NYG

PHI LB and DB have a solid disadvantage over the NYG TE, WR and RB

Overall, this matchup is a slight advantage PHI.

PHI Special Teams vs. NYG Special Teams

Normally, our ST's are top tier. This year with turnover of personnel and a new kicker, not so much. We are ranked 21st right now. However, we're probably better than that, but not much. The NYG ST's are a horrendous 31st.

Overall this matchup is an advantage PHI.

The game is at the Linc, which is a solid advantage for PHI.

NYG are desperate which is a solid advantage NYG.

I think it boils down to a close, ugly, defense dominated close Eagles win.

Eagles 17
Giants 13

2-1, 2-0 in division and move on to next week, and take joy in ending the NYG season.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
The Franchise
post Sep 22 2017, 09:43 PM
Post #2

Hall of Famer

Divisional games can always be tough. That being said, they just flat out suck right now.

Eagles 31, Giants 21.

--------------------
"If it came down to both teams were even, talent-wise, I think the opponent's team would win if it came down to coaching. Andy Reid got out-coached in a lot of games, man, a lot of big games."

+Quote Post
Eyrie
post Sep 23 2017, 04:41 AM
Post #3

Illegal Alien

I'll take any win, convincing or undeserved.

We'd be 2-0 in the division and NJ VaGiants would be 0-2 (0-3 overall).

That said, I agree this will be close and ugly.

--------------------
Despite failing both the spelling test and the grammar test, my Axis application was rererereevaluated.

And I've been informed "Your Axis card is in the mail..................."

+Quote Post
Zero
post Sep 23 2017, 04:41 AM
Post #4

Soldier #1654 of the Eagle Empire

Before the season a lot of pundits were picking the Giants to win the division. Now, they suck. This game scares me. The Eagles are playing better than last year and last year they fought them pretty close in two games with a split. Everything we see says the Eagles should win, especially the intangible crap we're hearing about from the Giants. What scares me is when everyone is picking the Eagles in a blowout. Sounds like a kiss of death.

+Quote Post
Rick
post Sep 23 2017, 08:04 AM
Post #5

Hall of Famer

This game scares me as well. Nobody is giving the Vagiants a chance because they've played so poorly. Certainly, on paper, the Eagles DL should have a field day with Manning, however, at some point, pride kicks in (usually) in a rivalry game like this. If the DL doesn't get pressure, we know there are holes in the secondary.

I also worry about the Eagles' players believing the hype that they should roll over the Vagiants.

I think the saving grace is the game is in Philly. But I'm still scared...

+Quote Post
Joegrane
post Sep 23 2017, 09:26 AM
Post #6

Hall of Famer

A couple of years ago the eagles went to N Jersey when the giant's only healthy RB was a FB
The eagles stuffed the middle, attacked the A gaps forcing 3rd and long. Then the mad pass rush had Eli running scared for his life.

This game could be similar.

However the eagles DBs could be expected to give up some big plays like the late TD run last week where the injured safety took a bad angle. Too many such plays could cost us the W

Look for lots of max protect from Gmen, big play opportunities. Even if they hit on a few time of possession should favor Birds

Furthermore the Gmen will be desperate.

Eagles 20-17

QUOTE (nephillymike @ Sep 22 2017, 09:07 PM) *
When you look at this game, what do you expect?

When I break this game down as units vs units, I get a game that should be closer than many are expecting.

Eagles Offense vs Giants Defense

NY DL has a solid advantage over our OL.

NY LB and DB vs our TE, WR and RB is a slight advantage to PHI, given that Jenoris is out.

Overall, this matchup is slight advantage NYG.

Giants Offense vs. Eagles Defense

PHI DL has a huge advantage over the NYG

PHI LB and DB have a solid disadvantage over the NYG TE, WR and RB

Overall, this matchup is a slight advantage PHI.

PHI Special Teams vs. NYG Special Teams

Normally, our ST's are top tier. This year with turnover of personnel and a new kicker, not so much. We are ranked 21st right now. However, we're probably better than that, but not much. The NYG ST's are a horrendous 31st.

Overall this matchup is an advantage PHI.

The game is at the Linc, which is a solid advantage for PHI.

NYG are desperate which is a solid advantage NYG.

I think it boils down to a close, ugly, defense dominated close Eagles win.

Eagles 17
Giants 13

2-1, 2-0 in division and move on to next week, and take joy in ending the NYG season.

+Quote Post
Dreagon
post Sep 23 2017, 11:02 AM
Post #7

Hall of Famer

Going by everything I've seen this season, you guys should win. The mismatch between your defensive line and their offensive line should be the decisive factor. Eli is at his best when he can throw downfield, and he hasn't had time to do that against two lines that aren't considered as good as yours. They have shown no running game so far either.

I think the only danger here is that the Giants have to know that going 0-3 and losing to their second divisional opponent is going to be devastating to any chance they have to salvage their season, so their backs are going to be against the wall.

+Quote Post
Pila
post Sep 23 2017, 12:16 PM
Post #8

Eusébio

Current form is meaningless in division games, especially between these two teams. It's gonna be ugly, team with less mistakes win.

--------------------
[img]http://dreadart67.files.wordpress.com/2008/03/benfica-2008-ii.jpg[/img]

+Quote Post
CT_Eagle
post Sep 23 2017, 06:53 PM
Post #9

Hall of Famer

I am going to say the Eagles by 10.

These teams are very similar in a lot of ways. Both have very good DLs and both have struggling OLs. Both teams have a good corp of WRs. Both teams have capable QBs. I will give the Giants secondary the edge over the Eagles.

I have not seen much of the Giants this season but in what little I did see, they looked they were not in sync at all. Very sloppy play. Hopefully they wait until next week to get that sorted.

+Quote Post
Reality Fan
post Sep 24 2017, 11:13 AM
Post #10

Keeper Of The Truth

After careful review of both teams and an in-depth analysis of all facets I am predicting Eagles 179 Giants -46.

I realize that is a bit conservative but I am not that confident that the Eagles will play well.

In all seriousness, I think the Giants problems go much deeper than many think. I think Macadoo is now exposed as the ego maniac that he seems to be. You don't call out a 2 time SB MVP in the media. This team seems fractured at a much deeper level than just their execution. His offense is getting exposed. Marshall is just not that good anymore. Their offensive line is bad. Their RBs are not good. I just don't think they can win outside of divisional mojo.

Out of respect for that mojo I won't make a prediction but the Eagles should win this one easily.

--------------------
The sooner you agree with me, the sooner you'll be right.

+Quote Post
The Franchise
post Sep 24 2017, 11:23 AM
Post #11

Hall of Famer

QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Sep 24 2017, 11:13 AM) *
I think Macadoo is now exposed as the ego maniac that he seems to be. You don't call out a 2 time SB MVP in the media. This team seems fractured at a much deeper level than just their execution.

This is a bit similar to around 2006, with Coughlin and the Giants, and what seemed like open rebellion from his players, and everyone calling for his head. The next year they won it all. Hopefully history doesn't repeat itself and they just keep losing.

--------------------
"If it came down to both teams were even, talent-wise, I think the opponent's team would win if it came down to coaching. Andy Reid got out-coached in a lot of games, man, a lot of big games."

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

NFL Football Tickets    football flash games   
RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 15th December 2017 - 10:20 PM