IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Buy Eagles tickets or search for cheap sports tickets including all playoff games and super bowl tickets @ LetsGetTickets.com
Posts in this topic
> Bright spot: Rasul Douglass
Birdwatcher
post Sep 19 2017, 04:14 PM
Post #1

Hall of Famer

Group: Members

For those bitching about him being deactivated last week, it looks like the kid can play.

Douglas enjoyed an auspicious NFL debut Sunday when forced into action after Jaylen Watkins left the Eagles-Chiefs game with a hamstring injury.

He played 39 of 53 defensive snaps, and according to Pro Football Focus graded out as the ninth-highest cornerback in the league on Sunday.

“I was more anxious than nervous. Just some butterflies," Douglas said. "After the first couple series, I was like, 'Man, this is where I’m supposed to be.'"

Matched up much of the afternoon with explosive Tyreek Hill, he allowed four catches but for only 22 yards with only five yards after the catch, according to PFF.

He was physical and tackled very well and didn't seem to have any significant breakdowns. Hill, who had a 7-for-133 line in the opener vs. the Patriots, finished Sunday with four catches for 43 yards.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Joegrane
post Sep 19 2017, 06:14 PM
Post #2

Hall of Famer

Next week the Giants will target his weak areas. I bet he will still tackle well.

QUOTE (Birdwatcher @ Sep 19 2017, 04:14 PM) *
For those bitching about him being deactivated last week, it looks like the kid can play.

Douglas enjoyed an auspicious NFL debut Sunday when forced into action after Jaylen Watkins left the Eagles-Chiefs game with a hamstring injury.

He played 39 of 53 defensive snaps, and according to Pro Football Focus graded out as the ninth-highest cornerback in the league on Sunday.

“I was more anxious than nervous. Just some butterflies," Douglas said. "After the first couple series, I was like, 'Man, this is where I’m supposed to be.'"

Matched up much of the afternoon with explosive Tyreek Hill, he allowed four catches but for only 22 yards with only five yards after the catch, according to PFF.

He was physical and tackled very well and didn't seem to have any significant breakdowns. Hill, who had a 7-for-133 line in the opener vs. the Patriots, finished Sunday with four catches for 43 yards.

+Quote Post
nephillymike
post Sep 19 2017, 07:15 PM
Post #3

Token Axis Member

Agree, that was real nice to see.

Very encouraging.

+Quote Post
Zero
post Sep 20 2017, 05:05 AM
Post #4

Soldier #1654 of the Eagle Empire

QUOTE (Birdwatcher @ Sep 19 2017, 05:14 PM) *

Yeah, we focus on the bad but both Douglas and Mack had a nice inauguration to the NFL.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

NFL Football Tickets    football flash games   
RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st October 2017 - 09:57 PM