IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Buy Eagles tickets or search for cheap sports tickets including all playoff games and super bowl tickets @ LetsGetTickets.com
Posts in this topic
> Sheli better call out sick next week
nephillymike
post Sep 18 2017, 08:59 PM
Post #1

Token Axis Member

Group: Members

It's gonna be UGLY and painful.

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
mcnabbulous
post Sep 18 2017, 09:08 PM
Post #2

Hall of Famer

https://twitter.com/davelozo/status/909955958767484928

+Quote Post
nephillymike
post Sep 18 2017, 09:49 PM
Post #3

Token Axis Member

QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Sep 18 2017, 09:08 PM) *

Bwah!

I thought it was a phantom hit but the commentators never called out Eli for being the pussy he is.

Classic.

+Quote Post
Dreagon
post Sep 18 2017, 10:42 PM
Post #4

Hall of Famer

Be gentle guys, Eli is old. If you break him they will have to get somebody who might be better.

+Quote Post
Birdman420
post Sep 18 2017, 10:56 PM
Post #5

Veteran

QUOTE (Dreagon @ Sep 18 2017, 11:42 PM) *
Be gentle guys, Eli is old. If you break him they will have to get somebody who might be better.

Exactly! Wait... Wasn't it Jordan Hicks who ended Romo's Career?smile.gif

+Quote Post
Joegrane
post Sep 19 2017, 09:15 AM
Post #6

Hall of Famer

So two games into the season and it looks quite possible that the Eagles are the best team in the East!

Dallas can't be a solid playoff team and get beaten up so badly at Denver. Is Denver better than KC? ESPN has KC at #2 in the NFL but Denver and Dallas (joke) in the Top 10. Eagles are at 15.

I don't think the Giants are currently better than the Skins.

It is not inconceivable that the Eagles could get 4 Ws from the Skins and Giants. A split with Dallas would give the Eagles a chance to get to 10 Ws.

The week 11 matchup in Dallas could be huge. The Eagles will be coming off a bye--rest for aging veterans Sproles & Peters. Maybe R. Darby will be ready to play by then. Last year the Eagles had a lead in the 4th quarter in Dallas. The Eagles are improved and the Cowboys have taken a step back.

QUOTE (Dreagon @ Sep 18 2017, 10:42 PM) *

+Quote Post
Pila
post Sep 19 2017, 09:18 AM
Post #7

Eusébio

QUOTE (Dreagon @ Sep 19 2017, 04:42 AM) *

Eli is fucking indestructible. I've never seen anything like it. The hits the guy has taken in his career would have decapitated mere mortals. But the guy bounces back like a drunk driver in a 20 car pileup. It's truly amazing.

--------------------
[img]http://dreadart67.files.wordpress.com/2008/03/benfica-2008-ii.jpg[/img]

+Quote Post
Birdman420
post Sep 19 2017, 10:51 AM
Post #8

Veteran

QUOTE (Pila @ Sep 19 2017, 10:18 AM) *
Eli is fucking indestructible. I've never seen anything like it. The hits the guy has taken in his career would have decapitated mere mortals. But the guy bounces back like a drunk driver in a 20 car pileup. It's truly amazing.

With a face like that, I don't think anyone would care what comes after the ugly stick.

+Quote Post
Dreagon
post Sep 19 2017, 12:19 PM
Post #9

Hall of Famer

QUOTE (Joegrane @ Sep 19 2017, 09:15 AM) *
So two games into the season and it looks quite possible that the Eagles are the best team in the East!

Dallas can't be a solid playoff team and get beaten up so badly at Denver. Is Denver better than KC? ESPN has KC at #2 in the NFL but Denver and Dallas (joke) in the Top 10. Eagles are at 15.

Actually, I really do think it will come down you guys and us. The wheels have been coming off the Giants, and now they can't even get their official forums to work right. Washington looks good enough to make it interesting, but I put them a solid third.

After rewatching most of our game against Denver, I'm trying to figure out what was actually happening ... other than us getting our asses thoroughly kicked by a good football team. But it wasn't just a matter of them playing well and us playing poorly that stood out to me, it was how that was happening in every facet of the game. Elliot runs hard against a tough Giants defense, but seems to give up against Denver. La'el Collins handles JPP but gets utterly owned by Von Miller. Our defense isn't scary in the first place, but they were often moving like they had weighted shoes. Sean Lee...SEAN LEE... doesn't wrap up on his tackles like he normally does and lets guys bounce off of him. Defensive backs go down like flies. Not one, not two, but all of our receivers play like they scarfed a bunch of pot brownies before the game. The ONLY guy who seemed to be his usual self was Witten.

So I don't know. Maybe Denver was simply that much better than us. I'm curious to see how our team handles this asskicking, and what they take away from it.

+Quote Post
The Franchise
post Sep 19 2017, 12:32 PM
Post #10

Hall of Famer

QUOTE (Birdman420 @ Sep 19 2017, 11:51 AM) *

With a face like that, I don't think anyone would care what comes after the ugly stick.

At least it's certain that we'll never have to hear him in the announcer's booth after he hangs 'em up, a la Favre.

--------------------
"If it came down to both teams were even, talent-wise, I think the opponent's team would win if it came down to coaching. Andy Reid got out-coached in a lot of games, man, a lot of big games."

+Quote Post
Zero
post Sep 20 2017, 05:14 AM
Post #11

Soldier #1654 of the Eagle Empire

QUOTE (Dreagon @ Sep 19 2017, 01:19 PM) *
Actually, I really do think it will come down you guys and us. The wheels have been coming off the Giants, and now they can't even get their official forums to work right. Washington looks good enough to make it interesting, but I put them a solid third.

After rewatching most of our game against Denver, I'm trying to figure out what was actually happening ... other than us getting our asses thoroughly kicked by a good football team. But it wasn't just a matter of them playing well and us playing poorly that stood out to me, it was how that was happening in every facet of the game. Elliot runs hard against a tough Giants defense, but seems to give up against Denver. La'el Collins handles JPP but gets utterly owned by Von Miller. Our defense isn't scary in the first place, but they were often moving like they had weighted shoes. Sean Lee...SEAN LEE... doesn't wrap up on his tackles like he normally does and lets guys bounce off of him. Defensive backs go down like flies. Not one, not two, but all of our receivers play like they scarfed a bunch of pot brownies before the game. The ONLY guy who seemed to be his usual self was Witten.

So I don't know. Maybe Denver was simply that much better than us. I'm curious to see how our team handles this asskicking, and what they take away from it.

It's been two weeks, two games. Way too early to know if the Cowboys are in decline or if the Eagles are really climbing out of the cellar. I think the Cowboys are taking a step back which should be farther if Elliot takes a forced leave, it does look like the Eagles are becoming a pretty good team, the Giants have been here before, before surprising the world (with Coughlin) and I'm not ready to bury the Redskins -- we'll know a lot more about them by, say, Thanksgiving. biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Joegrane
post Sep 20 2017, 09:54 AM
Post #12

Hall of Famer

You lost at least 2 starting DBs, no? That will mess up a DC's game plan.

QUOTE (Dreagon @ Sep 19 2017, 12:19 PM) *

+Quote Post
Dreagon
post Sep 20 2017, 10:31 AM
Post #13

Hall of Famer

QUOTE (Joegrane @ Sep 20 2017, 09:54 AM) *
You lost at least 2 starting DBs, no? That will mess up a DC's game plan.

Nolan Carroll, Jourdan Lewis, and Chidobe Awuzie were all hurt, and Scandrick was already out. I'm not sure that Carroll should count since every single pass targeted at whoever he was covering resulted in a completion, so it was like he was out anyway. I don't know the current status of Carroll or Lewis, but Awuzie is hoping to return this week. But since Awuzie has both a tweaked ankle and a hammy, it's remains to be seen how limited he will be. Scandrick may return monday night too, although I'm sure he'll have his hand in a cast. Still, getting our best cornerback back helps. But yeah, we're banged up back there.

+Quote Post
mcnabbulous
post Sep 20 2017, 11:39 AM
Post #14

Hall of Famer

QUOTE (Dreagon @ Sep 20 2017, 10:31 AM) *
I'm not sure that Carroll should count since every single pass targeted at whoever he was covering resulted in a completion

Preaching to the choir.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

NFL Football Tickets    football flash games   
RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st October 2017 - 01:50 AM