IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Buy Eagles tickets or search for cheap sports tickets including all playoff games and super bowl tickets @ LetsGetTickets.com
Posts in this topic
> Perhaps THE most boring offense in the league...
D Rock
post Sep 17 2017, 05:54 PM
Post #1

Resident "Literal Police"

Group: Members

Doug seems to still be running pre-season vanilla nonsense.

Just boring. Unimaginative. Predictable.

And now, with 2 weeks under our belt... Carson's long ball is fucking ugly. There are no two ways about it. I see now why they wanted Jeffrey and Smith. 2 "chuck-it-up and let them make-a-play" WRs. I honestly can't recall a single Wentz pass that was from the pocket, that hit a streaking or fade WR in stride.

Can you?

--------------------
I'll Drink to That!!!!!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
mcnabbulous
post Sep 17 2017, 05:59 PM
Post #2

Hall of Famer

The only real deep ball I remember today was to Alshon on the illegal formation play. Am I forgetting something?

+Quote Post
The Franchise
post Sep 17 2017, 06:12 PM
Post #3

Hall of Famer

QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Sep 17 2017, 05:59 PM) *
The only real deep ball I remember today was to Alshon on the illegal formation play. Am I forgetting something?

Two long balls to Smith? He had a chance to catch both, but they weren't great passes.

--------------------
"If it came down to both teams were even, talent-wise, I think the opponent's team would win if it came down to coaching. Andy Reid got out-coached in a lot of games, man, a lot of big games."

+Quote Post
mcnabbulous
post Sep 17 2017, 06:17 PM
Post #4

Hall of Famer

QUOTE (The Franchise @ Sep 17 2017, 06:12 PM) *
Two long balls to Smith? He had a chance to catch both, but they weren't great passes.

I guess I didn't think either was really a deep ball. But I may not remember them fully. From my perspective, they were both solid passes where he was giving his covered receiver a chance to make a play. And Smith didn't oblige.

But regardless, they weren't the types of balls I thought D was referring to. I'm thinking more of the first pass of the game last week where Smith was streaking and Wentz underthrew it.

+Quote Post
The Franchise
post Sep 17 2017, 09:26 PM
Post #5

Hall of Famer

QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Sep 17 2017, 06:17 PM) *
I guess I didn't think either was really a deep ball. But I may not remember them fully. From my perspective, they were both solid passes where he was giving his covered receiver a chance to make a play. And Smith didn't oblige.

But regardless, they weren't the types of balls I thought D was referring to. I'm thinking more of the first pass of the game last week where Smith was streaking and Wentz underthrew it.

The one in the end zone was around 20 yards. The other one seemed to be at least 30, I'm not sure to be honest.

--------------------
"If it came down to both teams were even, talent-wise, I think the opponent's team would win if it came down to coaching. Andy Reid got out-coached in a lot of games, man, a lot of big games."

+Quote Post
Reality Fan
post Sep 17 2017, 10:24 PM
Post #6

Keeper Of The Truth

I am going to wait til tomorrow to rewatch it and comment on Wentz. As I watched the game it was disappointing how bad his deep ball was and some of his pocket presence was considering how much time he was getting. I could be wrong so I will sleep on it but first impression was a lot of bad throws. One that stands out was the ball Hollins had to dive for when he was wide open or the one to Ertz that he had to change direction and snag.

I will reconsider tomorrow.

--------------------
The sooner you agree with me, the sooner you'll be right.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

NFL Football Tickets    football flash games   
RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd October 2017 - 10:04 AM