IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Buy Eagles tickets or search for cheap sports tickets including all playoff games and super bowl tickets @ LetsGetTickets.com
Posts in this topic
> $1 offered to a guy on the ground in the subway
Joegrane
post Sep 16 2017, 08:41 PM
Post #1

Hall of Famer

Group: Members

The guy happened to be Reuben Frank. The story is too good to not mention : )

23. After the Eagles-Redskins game in Landover, Maryland, Sunday night, I headed over to the nearby Amtrak station, New Carrollton, Maryland, to wait for my train back up to Trenton. Now, New Carrollton is the worst train station you can imagine. Not only is it a dank, filthy, gloomy rat-hole, there isn't a single bench in the place. Nowhere to sit. Nowhere. How do you have a major train station along the Northeast Corridor that serves both Amtrak and regional rail with nowhere to sit?!?! So with some time before my train and tons of work to do, I had no choice but to plop down on the wretched concrete floor of the musty corridor leading to the escalators that go up to the train platforms, get out my laptop and start working. Other than the laptop, I must have looked like a homeless dude sitting there on the floor surrounded by my weathered backpack and a bottle of water. A few minutes later, there was a commotion around the corner and I saw some cops clearing the entire corridor of pedestrians and travelers, although they somehow missed me. A few minutes after that, the Eagles walked by. The entire team. And front office. I had forgotten the team travels from New Carrollton to 30th Street Station following games in Washington via an Amtrak charter. Here they were arriving by bus at the station to board their private train. First guy to notice me plopped down on the floor? Jeffrey Lurie. He looked over at me, shook his head in mock sympathy, reached into his pocket, and started to hand me a dollar! One of the funniest things I've ever seen.

His Random 25 points are definitely worth checking out, including Shady stats, interesting thought about Pumphrey, etc.
http://www.csnphilly.com/philadelphia-eagl...on-and-race-300
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Zero
post Sep 17 2017, 06:12 AM
Post #2

Soldier #1654 of the Eagle Empire

Group: Members

I like it, thanks Joe. Here's two more that are good ... well, three:
4. For all the talk about Colin Kaepernick being out of the NFL at the age of 29 and just four years after leading the 49ers to a Super Bowl, it's way more remarkable to me that RG3 is out of the league -- and wasn't even in a training camp -- at the age of 27. Robert Griffin III, who started against the Eagles for the Browns on opening day last year, certainly has had a tough run of injuries since his amazing rookie year in 2012, but unlike Kaepernick there isn't a single non-football reason for a team to at least bring him into a camp. He's not a distraction, he's never been in trouble. RG3 hasn't been a special player in a few years and maybe the injuries he suffered starting that second year in Washington have left him simply unable to function as an NFL quarterback anymore. But I have a hard time believing there are 85 or 90 better quarterbacks in the league than RG3.

5. Nice win for Sean McDermott in his NFL head coaching debut last weekend, and his bell-cow was none other than LeSean McCoy, who had 110 rushing yards on 22 carries and added five catches for 49 more yards. Shady now has 29 career games with 100 rushing yards and a 5.0 average, and only 12 other running backs have had more before their 30th birthday (eight of those 12 are in the Hall of Fame). Shady also increased his career yards from scrimmage total to 12,043, which is 13th-most in NFL history by a player before his 30th birthday. And 10 of the 12 ahead of him are in the Hall of Fame.

6. Hey Chip, what were you thinking omg????
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

NFL Football Tickets    football flash games   
RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 15th December 2017 - 10:29 PM