IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Buy Eagles tickets or search for cheap sports tickets including all playoff games and super bowl tickets @ LetsGetTickets.com
Posts in this topic
> Andy vs. Doug props
The Franchise
post Sep 12 2017, 06:56 PM
Post #1

Hall of Famer

Group: Members

Ok, so it's Andy vs. Doug week. The game should be chock full of pass plays, trick plays, ill-advised play calls, and shameless clock management.

-I'm setting the over/under on pass attempts at 87.5 - I was going to go lower a week ago, but not with Darby and Berry out.

-The over/under on trick plays is 4.5 - this doesn't include common 'trick plays' such as play action, draws, etc.

-The over/under on clock management fuck-ups is 6.5 - this includes wasted timeouts, idiotic challenges, situational calls, etc.

Take a stab!

--------------------
"If it came down to both teams were even, talent-wise, I think the opponent's team would win if it came down to coaching. Andy Reid got out-coached in a lot of games, man, a lot of big games."
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Zero
post Sep 13 2017, 05:44 AM
Post #2

Soldier #1654 of the Eagle Empire

Although I think a lot of what this guy writes is hack material, this is a pretty level view of Pederson:
Last offseason, no other team besides the Eagles gave Pederson an interview. Although they would never admit it publicly, Pederson was not even the Eagles' first choice for the job. His hiring was not met with positive reviews, and was mocked by both the media and the fan base. Some -- ok, just someone -- feel he is the least qualified head coach history in the NFL.

Last season, his first as a head coach, the schedule Pederson ended up coaching against was an extremely tough one, with 10 of the Eagles' 16 games against teams that qualified for the playoffs. Only three of the Eagles' games ended up being against teams that picked in the top 15 of the 2017 NFL Draft.
Dougie ...

+Quote Post
Joegrane
post Sep 13 2017, 08:45 AM
Post #3

Hall of Famer

yes, a fair presentation of Pedey.

I still think people ignore the assistants surrounding Pedey. There are 3 veteran coordinators, including fipps, and other experienced position coaches.

QUOTE (Zero @ Sep 13 2017, 05:44 AM) *
Although I think a lot of what this guy writes is hack material, this is a pretty level view of Pederson:
Dougie ...

+Quote Post
Rick
post Sep 13 2017, 09:23 AM
Post #4

Hall of Famer

QUOTE (Joegrane @ Sep 13 2017, 09:45 AM) *
yes, a fair presentation of Pedey.

I still think people ignore the assistants surrounding Pedey. There are 3 veteran coordinators, including fipps, and other experienced position coaches.

So, either those assistants are trying to be like Reid or Pedersen is over-ruling them.

+Quote Post
Pila
post Sep 13 2017, 09:30 AM
Post #5

Eusébio

All head coaches have assistants with a varying degree of experience. One can make a case that every winning coach had competent assistants, or you'd imagine they would not be on the staff.

Pedersen had a really good year last year. A few mistakes, but overall the team competed and appeared to be ready to play, despite some obvious deficits at the skill positions.

As for this matchup, I don't anticipate many knuckleheaded rookie mistakes from either coach - these "family" rivalries tend to bring out the best in people.

--------------------
[img]http://dreadart67.files.wordpress.com/2008/03/benfica-2008-ii.jpg[/img]

+Quote Post
The Franchise
post Sep 13 2017, 01:04 PM
Post #6

Hall of Famer

QUOTE (Pila @ Sep 13 2017, 10:30 AM) *
As for this matchup, I don't anticipate many knuckleheaded rookie mistakes from either coach - these "family" rivalries tend to bring out the best in people.

Damn, this is all in good fun you party poopers!

I think it's only human nature that this will be a personal matchup - not only as a mentor vs. student, but Pederson knows damn well how much his fan base wants to beat the walrus. Reid wants to stick it to Philly, and beat his old student. There is nothing malicious about this from either party, but it's obviously going to be a pass fest, filled with plays designed to show how much smarter and craftier each one is over the other. I would expect at least one flea flicker, and one fake punt/fg. And, of course, the 2 minute warning in each half should be fun. tongue.gif

--------------------
"If it came down to both teams were even, talent-wise, I think the opponent's team would win if it came down to coaching. Andy Reid got out-coached in a lot of games, man, a lot of big games."

+Quote Post
Pila
post Sep 13 2017, 01:28 PM
Post #7

Eusébio

QUOTE (The Franchise @ Sep 13 2017, 07:04 PM) *
Damn, this is all in good fun you party poopers!

I think it's only human nature that this will be a personal matchup - not only as a mentor vs. student, but Pederson knows damn well how much his fan base wants to beat the walrus. Reid wants to stick it to Philly, and beat his old student. There is nothing malicious about this from either party, but it's obviously going to be a pass fest, filled with plays designed to show how much smarter and craftier each one is over the other. I would expect at least one flea flicker, and one fake punt/fg. And, of course, the 2 minute warning in each half should be fun. tongue.gif

haha

Yeah, you're right. I think there are two strong possibilities in the extreme-

1. both coaches are aware of each's tendencies to get cute with plays behind the line of scrimmage and thus throw it in the heap, instead throw a wrench by playing conventional forward football and put us all to sleep.

2. as you say, foresee it - 800 shovel passes, 1000 bubble screens, 26 flee-flickers, 18 double reverses, and 11 direct snaps to the kicker between both teams.

--------------------

+Quote Post
The Franchise
post Sep 13 2017, 03:50 PM
Post #8

Hall of Famer

both coaches are aware of each's tendencies to get cute with plays behind the line of scrimmage and thus throw it in the heap,

instead throw a wrench by playing conventional forward football and put us all to sleep.

Nice poetry!

as you say, foresee it - 800 shovel passes, 1000 bubble screens, 26 flee-flickers, 18 double reverses, and 11 direct snaps to the kicker between both teams.

--------------------

+Quote Post
The Franchise
post Sep 17 2017, 04:28 PM
Post #9

Hall of Famer

QUOTE (The Franchise @ Sep 12 2017, 07:56 PM) *
-I'm setting the over/under on pass attempts at 87.5 - I was going to go lower a week ago, but not with Darby and Berry out.

-The over/under on trick plays is 4.5 - this doesn't include common 'trick plays' such as play action, draws, etc.

-The over/under on clock management fuck-ups is 6.5 - this includes wasted timeouts, idiotic challenges, situational calls, etc.

-74 total pass attempts. With 10 total sacks and a number of scrambles, this could've gone the other way.

-I counted 3 trick plays, all from Andy. Pederson didn't seem to draw up anything interesting for the game.

-I counted 7 clock management fuck-ups. 2 from Pederson, 5 from Andy. KC's last drive of the 1st half was counted as one sequence, instead of individual events, otherwise I could've nitpicked and found a couple more.

I'd say I capped the props pretty well.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cesarrklis
post Sep 21 2017, 04:40 PM
Post #10

Rookie

I like the one about "Too Many Untruths". In the world of Andy apparently there is an acceptable number of unthruths, just don't have "Too Many".

By the way what are these untruths?

+Quote Post
Reidjpona
post Sep 21 2017, 11:05 PM
Post #11

Rookie

Andy Townsend doesnt have sex with his wife, he gets in and around her.

+Quote Post
mcnabbulous
post Sep 22 2017, 12:27 AM
Post #12

Hall of Famer

These Bulgarians know what they’re talking about

+Quote Post
The Franchise
post Sep 22 2017, 01:29 PM
Post #13

Hall of Famer

QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Sep 22 2017, 01:27 AM) *

At least the birds are making headway in Eastern Europe.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Pila
post Sep 22 2017, 01:37 PM
Post #14

Eusébio

QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Sep 22 2017, 05:27 AM) *

Bulgarians and Romanians. Need your fortune read or have your stolen shit returned, talk to one of them.

I kid, but if you want good wife jokes, they don't usually disappoint.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Eyrie
post Sep 22 2017, 03:45 PM
Post #15

Illegal Alien

QUOTE (Reidjpona @ Sep 22 2017, 05:05 AM) *
Andy Townsend doesnt have sex with his wife, he gets in and around her.

I'm more intrigued by the Andy Townsend reference.

Explanation for Americans and other alien lifeforms - Townsend is a "soccer" summariser who was memorably dismissed as only being capable of uttering the most banal platitude thirty seconds after the event happened.

--------------------
Despite failing both the spelling test and the grammar test, my Axis application was rererereevaluated.

And I've been informed "Your Axis card is in the mail..................."

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

NFL Football Tickets    football flash games   
RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th December 2017 - 01:40 PM