IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Buy Eagles tickets or search for cheap sports tickets including all playoff games and super bowl tickets @ LetsGetTickets.com
Posts in this topic
> Technical Issues
xsv
post Aug 19 2016, 08:11 AM
Post #1

Hall of Famer

Group: Admin

Sorry for the outage. Seems to be workimg now.

However, I need to upgrade the software to be able to upgrade the php version, which is now at end of life. This may cause more issues, plus we may lose the custom theme. I may even have to change to a different software, as IPB has gone completely commercial.

Please continue to report any new issus.

Also, I could use another developer if anyone is experiemced with IPB and/or othwr software you'd recommend.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
mcnabbulous
post Aug 19 2016, 12:00 PM
Post #2

Hall of Famer

Group: Members

Can't help from a dev perspective unfortunately, but this seems pretty cool:
http://flarum.org/

Not sure if it meets your requirements. Happy to make a financial contribution to thank you for the work you put in keeping this up and running. Let me know if there is something I can do from a non-dev perspective.

+Quote Post
xsv
post Aug 19 2016, 03:08 PM
Post #3

Hall of Famer

Group: Admin

After some inquiry, it looks like I'll need about $200 for a new license, upgrade the current software to the latest version, and to convert our theme/template to that version.

I'll see if I can find some advertisers that might be interested. Otherwise, I'll foot the bill and try to get this done before the season starts.

+Quote Post
Reality Fan
post Aug 19 2016, 03:40 PM
Post #4

Keeper Of The Truth

QUOTE (xsv @ Aug 19 2016, 04:08 PM) *
After some inquiry, it looks like I'll need about $200 for a new license, upgrade the current software to the latest version, and to convert our theme/template to that version.

I'll see if I can find some advertisers that might be interested. Otherwise, I'll foot the bill and try to get this done before the season starts.

If you need money just say the word. How fast can I learn IPB....I am a quick study..lol

--------------------
The sooner you agree with me, the sooner you'll be right.

+Quote Post
Zero
post Aug 19 2016, 03:52 PM
Post #5

Soldier #1654 of the Eagle Empire

QUOTE (xsv @ Aug 19 2016, 04:08 PM) *

If ten people join at Chickies for your visit we can each slip you a $20. Brotherhood and finances plus Crab Fries. What else could we want. wink.gif

+Quote Post
nephillymike
post Aug 19 2016, 05:38 PM
Post #6

Super Bowl Champs Baybee !!

QUOTE (Zero @ Aug 19 2016, 03:52 PM) *
If ten people join at Chickies for your visit we can each slip you a $20. Brotherhood and finances plus Crab Fries. What else could we want. wink.gif

I like this option.

And to the extent that we feed him drinks and distract RF with a decent looking middle aged Bradford critic, he may try to big time and impress her by giving X $50 instead of $20!!

This has potential.

We can call it a meeting of the finance committee if anyone needs a good excuse to use to get out.

+Quote Post
Reality Fan
post Aug 19 2016, 06:09 PM
Post #7

Keeper Of The Truth

QUOTE (nephillymike @ Aug 19 2016, 06:38 PM) *
I like this option.

And to the extent that we feed him drinks and distract RF with a decent looking middle aged Bradford critic, he may try to big time and impress her by giving X $50 instead of $20!!

This has potential.

We can call it a meeting of the finance committee if anyone needs a good excuse to use to get out.

I may bring my own finance director who happens to be a lovely blonde who is a twin for the one from Little Big Town...what she sees in me is a mystery...lol But she is a Jets fan...lol

--------------------
The sooner you agree with me, the sooner you'll be right.

+Quote Post
Zero
post Aug 19 2016, 07:02 PM
Post #8

QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Aug 19 2016, 07:09 PM) *
I may bring my own finance director who happens to be a lovely blonde who is a twin for the one from Little Big Town...what she sees in me is a mystery...lol But she is a Jets fan...lol
Does she have money? laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Eyrie
post Aug 20 2016, 04:59 AM
Post #9

Illegal Alien

Don't have paypal or anything similar, but if I can work out how to do an international bank transfer then I'm in.

--------------------
Stuff the Axis application - we're the 2018 SuperBowl Champions!!!!

+Quote Post
Zero
post Aug 20 2016, 05:39 AM
Post #10

QUOTE (Eyrie @ Aug 20 2016, 05:59 AM) *
Don't have paypal or anything similar, but if I can work out how to do an international bank transfer then I'm in.
We need more IA's at the game party this fall. Tents of the world unite! laugh.gif

+Quote Post
nephillymike
post Aug 20 2016, 06:14 AM
Post #11

Super Bowl Champs Baybee !!

QUOTE (Eyrie @ Aug 20 2016, 04:59 AM) *

This may be a stupid question as I don't have any foreign relatives.

Isn't a check (or cheque in Eyrie speak) written against a Scot bank able to be deposited in an American bank?

+Quote Post
Phits
post Aug 20 2016, 10:35 AM
Post #12

Hall of Famer

Prof. X
I don't have the practical experience with the software, but I am technically inclined and shouldn't have any issues with learning enough to help out. Let me know if/how I can help (financial or otherwise).

--------------------
"Bless my eyes this morning, Jah sun is on the rise once again. The way earthly things are going, anything can happen." Robert Nesta Marley (1945 1981)

+Quote Post
samaroo
post Aug 29 2016, 04:29 AM
Post #13

Village Idiot

X,

If you have a paypal, I'd be more than happy to pitch in.

--------------------
Fly. Eagles fly!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

NFL Football Tickets    football flash games   
RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd July 2018 - 01:20 PM