IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Buy Eagles tickets or search for cheap sports tickets including all playoff games and super bowl tickets @ LetsGetTickets.com
Posts in this topic
> So who will win?
mcnabbulous
post Feb 5 2012, 12:45 PM
Post #1

Hall of Famer

Group: Members

The 30th ranked defense in the NFL or the 26th?

If we've learned anything this year, it's about offensive execution. While I think a JC led defense is a problem, we make the playoffs if not for our turnovers, especially in the red zone.

Once you're in the playoffs, anything can happen. Especially if the better team doesn't come to play (see: Giants vs. Packers)

I don't bet on NFL football, but if there was one bet I'd be willing to take...

The team with fewer turnovers tonight will win.

That's my prediction.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Phits
post Feb 5 2012, 01:49 PM
Post #2

Hall of Famer

QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Feb 5 2012, 12:45 PM) *

If we've learned anything this year, it's about offensive execution. While I think a JC led defense is a problem, we make the playoffs if not for our turnovers, especially in the red zone.

Once you're in the playoffs, anything can happen. Especially if the better team doesn't come to play (see: Giants vs. Packers)

That's my prediction.

whichever team scores the most points by the end of the game will win.

--------------------
"Bless my eyes this morning, Jah sun is on the rise once again. The way earthly things are going, anything can happen." Robert Nesta Marley (1945 – 1981)

+Quote Post
mcnabbulous
post Feb 5 2012, 01:52 PM
Post #3

Hall of Famer

Also a good prediction.

+Quote Post
xsv
post Feb 5 2012, 02:17 PM
Post #4

Hall of Famer

Group: Admin

QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Feb 5 2012, 12:45 PM) *

That's my prediction.

I hope it's the shittiest superbowl game ever. I'm rooting for 10 turnovers and only 2 points scored the whole game.

+Quote Post
mcnabbulous
post Feb 5 2012, 02:21 PM
Post #5

Hall of Famer

QUOTE (xsv @ Feb 5 2012, 02:17 PM) *
I hope it's the shittiest superbowl game ever. I'm rooting for 10 turnovers and only 2 points scored the whole game.

Just out of curiosity, but what is the hatred towards the Patriots? Belicheck? Because they beat us in the SB?

I'm personally cheering for them (and it's not even close) because of O'Brien, but I don't understand why so many Eagles fans hate them.

+Quote Post
Dreagon
post Feb 5 2012, 03:30 PM
Post #6

Hall of Famer

QUOTE (xsv @ Feb 5 2012, 01:17 PM) *

I'm still rooting for natural disasters...

+Quote Post
Phits
post Feb 5 2012, 04:15 PM
Post #7

Hall of Famer

QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Feb 5 2012, 02:21 PM) *
Just out of curiosity, but what is the hatred towards the Patriots? Belicheck? Because they beat us in the SB?

I'm personally cheering for them (and it's not even close) because of O'Brien, but I don't understand why so many Eagles fans hate them.

I've wondered that too. And even after I have asked myself why I dislike them so much....I still can't get a suitable answer.

One of the crappy BS responses I have given myself is the whole 'dynasty thing' and rooting against the favorite. I remember cheering for the Pats to beat the Rams, and the Cards to beat the Steelers....so there is a pattern.

These days I just want to see good football, I am expecting such today.

--------------------
"Bless my eyes this morning, Jah sun is on the rise once again. The way earthly things are going, anything can happen." Robert Nesta Marley (1945 – 1981)

+Quote Post
Bez
post Feb 5 2012, 05:07 PM
Post #8

Veteran

Patriots heartlessly release Tiquan Underwood on the eve of Super Bowl XLVI

By MJD | Shutdown Corner – 16 hours ago

Tiquan Underwood, the guy who loved being a Patriot so much that he did that to his hair, was released by the team on Saturday, just hours before the Super Bowl.

It's callous and it's cold-blooded, but that's football, and that's Bill Belichick. I'm sure that Underwood is emotionally devastated, but that's a head coach's job. If he feels like another player might help a little more on Sunday, even if it's just for one play, then it's the coach's job to make that decision. Feelings aren't a part of it.

Underwood probably didn't expect this, but he's no stranger to being released, either. It's the third time the Patriots have cut him this season.

What might make it even harder on the guy is that he didn't do anything wrong. And in an impressive four-tweet barrage following his release, Underwood put it all in perspective

According to the Boston Herald, the move has no disciplinary motive behind it. The Patriots simply wanted another defensive lineman on the roster. Alex Silvestro (ironically, like Underwood, a Rutgers product) is the guy who will take his place. He's been on the Patriots practice squad all season.

Belichick recently spoke glowingly of the Rutgers players on the Patriots roster, Underwood, Silvestro, Nate Jones and Devin McCourty.

--------------------
Buy truth but do not sell it .

+Quote Post
_KAMELOT_
post Feb 5 2012, 05:22 PM
Post #9

Hall of Famer

Ginas 24 - Patriots 30

--------------------
Set the flag and carry on, carry on into unknown...with honour we will not walk away.

+Quote Post
xsv
post Feb 5 2012, 05:45 PM
Post #10

Hall of Famer

Group: Admin

Because they cheat. And because they beat us in the SB. And because boston has 7 professional titles in the last 10 years. Fucking sick to death of them.

I still hate them less than the ginas, but it's pretty close.

+Quote Post
Dreagon
post Feb 5 2012, 06:43 PM
Post #11

Hall of Famer

Safety!

Brady just did something stupid because a lineman was closing in.

+Quote Post
TGryn
post Feb 5 2012, 10:24 PM
Post #12

Hall of Famer

Postgame show on NBC: Rodney Harrison just said "I told everyone going into the game that I felt better about Manning in the 4th quarter than Brady, and Brady had his opportunities and didn't convert, and Eli did."

So, basically...his ex-teammate just called Brady a choker in big games? Wow. huh.gif

--------------------
https://twitter.com/tagryn101
https://www.facebook.com/tagryn

+Quote Post
Pila
post Feb 5 2012, 11:23 PM
Post #13

Eusébio

Anyone rooting for the Jintz ain't no Eagle fan.

--------------------
[img]http://dreadart67.files.wordpress.com/2008/03/benfica-2008-ii.jpg[/img]

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

NFL Football Tickets    football flash games   
RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th October 2014 - 10:24 AM