IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Buy Eagles tickets or search for cheap sports tickets including all playoff games and super bowl tickets @ LetsGetTickets.com
Posts in this topic
> Today, we confront how futile it has been...
Old Guy
post Feb 5 2012, 08:22 AM
Post #1

Veteran

Group: Members

being an Eagles fan. Super Bowls have been won by teams living in a flood zone, by cities that didn't even have teams, by teams that move from city to city, by cities where the fans don't even care, and by every team in the NFC East except us. Today I am thoroughly disgusted. And as long as Jeffrie Lurie owns the team, there is no hope. None. Nada. Lurie is a second rate indie movie producer who cares more about civic awards than winning a Super Bowl. And he employees a front office that doesn't know how to build a championship football team with a head coach that doesn't understand what a quarterback is.

AS LONG AS JEFFRIE LURIE OWNS THE EAGLES, WE ARE IDIOTS.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
samaroo
post Feb 5 2012, 10:57 AM
Post #2

Veteran

...bummer...

--------------------
“Home needs to be a place that teams fear coming into.”

-Brian Dawkins

+Quote Post
Osceola
post Feb 5 2012, 12:26 PM
Post #3

Portentous Despot

Group: Moderators

QUOTE (Old Guy @ Feb 5 2012, 08:22 AM) *
being an Eagles fan. Super Bowls have been won by teams living in a flood zone, by cities that didn't even have teams, by teams that move from city to city, by cities where the fans don't even care, and by every team in the NFC East except us. Today I am thoroughly disgusted. And as long as Jeffrie Lurie owns the team, there is no hope. None. Nada. Lurie is a second rate indie movie producer who cares more about civic awards than winning a Super Bowl. And he employees a front office that doesn't know how to build a championship football team with a head coach that doesn't understand what a quarterback is.

AS LONG AS JEFFRIE LURIE OWNS THE EAGLES, WE ARE IDIOTS.

Not sure about "idiots." Unappreciated, loyal, rabid, fanatic, passionate, manic. Storm the castle. Off with his head!
Attached File  Eagle_Fans_copy.jpg ( 190.59K ) Number of downloads: 4

+Quote Post
Old Guy
post Feb 5 2012, 03:09 PM
Post #4

Veteran

QUOTE (Osceola @ Feb 5 2012, 12:26 PM) *
Not sure about "idiots." Unappreciated, loyal, rabid, fanatic, passionate, manic. Storm the castle. Off with his head!
Attached File  Eagle_Fans_copy.jpg ( 190.59K ) Number of downloads: 4

Idiots to put up with this crap it since 1960.

+Quote Post
TGryn
post Feb 5 2012, 03:16 PM
Post #5

Hall of Famer

Until Lurie starts siphoning off funds needed to run the team for his own private enterprises and to buy mansions, or having the league buy the team outright from the owner, I'm kinda thinking we don't have much of a torch to hold re: other teams' ownership woes.

As far as the NFL goes, we're not really in the poor house either. Cardinals and Lions both longer championship droughts, and the Vikings & Falcons & Bengals & Seahawks have never won one.

Lions and Bengals have bragging rights to futility, as far as I'm concerned: over two decades and counting without a playoff win. There's not getting it done, and then there's not even having a chance. The Browns fans also got it stuck to them way worse in my book: having the team moved from the city after 50 years of solid support, then having to start over with an expansion franchise that's managed one playoff loss in 13 years since restarting. They've got a legit gripe with the NFL, if anyone does.

+Quote Post
Phits
post Feb 5 2012, 04:17 PM
Post #6

Hall of Famer

QUOTE (TGryn @ Feb 5 2012, 03:16 PM) *
Lions and Bengals have bragging rights to futility,

That's my problem, until we actually win one we are lumped together with the other losers and I don't like cheering for losers.

--------------------
"Bless my eyes this morning, Jah sun is on the rise once again. The way earthly things are going, anything can happen." Robert Nesta Marley (1945 – 1981)

+Quote Post
Old Guy
post Feb 5 2012, 04:52 PM
Post #7

Veteran

QUOTE (TGryn @ Feb 5 2012, 03:16 PM) *
Until Lurie starts siphoning off funds needed to run the team for his own private enterprises and to buy mansions, or having the league buy the team outright from the owner, I'm kinda thinking we don't have much of a torch to hold re: other teams' ownership woes.

As far as the NFL goes, we're not really in the poor house either. Cardinals and Lions both longer championship droughts, and the Vikings & Falcons & Bengals & Seahawks have never won one.

Lions and Bengals have bragging rights to futility, as far as I'm concerned: over two decades and counting without a playoff win. There's not getting it done, and then there's not even having a chance. The Browns fans also got it stuck to them way worse in my book: having the team moved from the city after 50 years of solid support, then having to start over with an expansion franchise that's managed one playoff loss in 13 years since restarting. They've got a legit gripe with the NFL, if anyone does.

The Bengals went to two Super Bowls and lost both times to Bill Walsh's 49ers. Their teams were probably better than the two teams the Eaglles sent to lose.

+Quote Post
Eyrie
post Feb 6 2012, 01:49 PM
Post #8

Illegal Alien

QUOTE (TGryn @ Feb 5 2012, 08:16 PM) *

To be honest, all I care about is the big fat zero against our name. Couldn't care less if there are six or sixteen other teams in the same boat.

--------------------
"I've been an Eagles fan for so long I can remember when we last went to the Super Bowl."
"The Eagles are hounestly my favourite team. Whom's youres?"
In defence of tent poles since 1776

+Quote Post
Old Guy
post Feb 6 2012, 02:34 PM
Post #9

Veteran

QUOTE (Eyrie @ Feb 6 2012, 01:49 PM) *
To be honest, all I care about is the big fat zero against our name. Couldn't care less if there are six or sixteen other teams in the same boat.

Precisely.

+Quote Post
TGryn
post Feb 7 2012, 09:40 AM
Post #10

Hall of Famer

Blast from the real bad ol' days:

+Quote Post
Old Guy
post Feb 7 2012, 09:51 AM
Post #11

Veteran

QUOTE (TGryn @ Feb 7 2012, 09:40 AM) *
Blast from the real bad ol' days:

I remember those days well. One irony is that McCormack was recommended for the Eagles job by none other than Paul Brown, the guy on the sidelines dismantling the Eagles. Also, Ken Anderson might be the greatest QB not in the hall of fame. I have been an Eagles fan since 1960. To say we are better than aweful is no consolation. I want multiple Suoer Bowls--just like every other stinking team in the NFC east. Nothng less than winning the Super Bowl is good enough for me. NOTHING. And if the current management can't get it done, we need to get rid of the whole lot: Lurie, Banner, Roseman, Reid--all to the dumpster. We need a Paul Brown, a Lombardi, a Bill Walsh--hell, I'd take a Gibbs or Parcell. 13 years of "good but no cigar" is no more rewarding than the days of Jerry Williams and Mike McCormack.

+Quote Post
Bocadelphia Eagl...
post Feb 7 2012, 06:48 PM
Post #12

Bocadelphia Eagles John

I refer to us as ..... "suckers".

We are, collectively, addicts. We keep the cash registers ringing so for any ownership, why would you want to change ANY of that ?

LurBan are the peddlers, we are the addicts.

Until we cut off the ching a ling into the registers nothing will change.

It's the only way and somebody needs to create an Eagles Anonymous fellowship to get us to face reality and kick start us on our road to rehab. It should be based on a one step program. Being, keep your money in your pocket and out of LurBan's. That will bring the power needed to break the spell of this terrible addiction.

So says bummed out Boca.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

NFL Football Tickets    football flash games   
RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2014 - 12:42 PM