IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Buy Eagles tickets or search for cheap sports tickets including all playoff games and super bowl tickets @ LetsGetTickets.com
Posts in this topic
> Will the admin who changed the name of, Dutch's thread please identify themself.
bullwinkle
post Jan 27 2005, 09:47 PM
Post #1

The moose is loose!

Group: Members

I think editing a thread title is as bad as editing post since the title is part of a post. This is the type of thing that we came here to get away from. Please be man or owman enough to identify yourself and apologize to the Flying Dutchman. This was a major judgement error. Be man or woman enough to admit it and apologize.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Donnie Mac
post Jan 27 2005, 09:58 PM
Post #2

Evil Dictator....for peace

Group: Admin

What's the problem Moose?! mad.gif
I did the deed.
They were talking about weight lifting and I gave them their own thread since the original topic was about Greg Lewis and they weren't talking about Greg Lewis.
It's called thread drift. It happens and we have the apperatus to "fix it" when it happens.

I didn't close the thread, I didn't delete, I didn't even say anything because I have no problem with them discussing it.

So again, what's the problem here? hunch.gif

--------------------
[b]Worst Poster Ever[/b]

+Quote Post
since75
post Jan 27 2005, 10:15 PM
Post #3

The Gipper's Dad

QUOTE (Donnie Mac @ Jan 27 2005, 09:58 PM)
I did the deed.
They were talking about weight lifting and I gave them their own thread since the original topic was about Greg Lewis and they weren't talking about Greg Lewis.
It's called thread drift. It happens and we have the apperatus to "fix it" when it happens.

I didn't close the thread, I didn't delete, I didn't even say anything because I have no problem with them discussing it.

Well...first you are being a standup guy...and that's cool.

And second...I don't understand what the beef is either.

To this point, we share common ground. But when we get to "third," we differ, and I'd like to explain that difference.

So what you did would not upset you or me. Doesn't matter. For whatever reason, it happened to offend our friend Dutch. WE don't necessarily have to understand Dutch's reasons. I...have no power to change it since I would.

But what is more important, IMHO...is our ability to accept that he is offended, and take that fact at face value. I mean, if there is something to gain by refusing him this...then OK. But since there really isn't...why not just say "Hey, I don't know WHY that bothered you...but since it did...let me respect that."

I honestly don't know why either. But if an opportunity to show respect (ie...showing that you care about what's bothering HIM...whether you understand it or not) to a friend is FREE (don't have to really concede anything of value)...why WOULDN'T you?

Just my two cents...if they are worth a nickel, run to the bank as fast as you can!

--------------------
"A brave man once requested me
To answer questions that are key
Is it to be, or not to be
And I replied...oh why ask me???"

+Quote Post
JaxEagle
post Jan 27 2005, 10:21 PM
Post #4

Hall of Famer

QUOTE (Donnie Mac @ Jan 27 2005, 10:58 PM)
I did the deed.

I tend to agree with Donnie Mac's thought. Regardless, this is not what I thought we came here to get away from and, if it is we we came here to get away from, we have done a darn good job of getting away from it. I thought we came here to get away from the 6th grade girls bitch brigade.

+Quote Post
since75
post Jan 27 2005, 10:41 PM
Post #5

The Gipper's Dad

QUOTE (JaxEagle @ Jan 27 2005, 10:21 PM)
What's the problem Moose?!  mad.gif
I did the deed.
It's called thread drift.  It happens and we have the apperatus to "fix it" when it happens.

So again, what's the problem here?  hunch.gif

I tend to agree with Donnie Mac's thought. Regardless, this is not what I thought we came here to get away from and, if it is we we came here to get away from, we have done a darn good job of getting away from it. I thought we came here to get away from the 6th grade girls bitch brigade.

Again...I hate cliche's. But there was one I heard back in business school that I LOVE! It seems appropriate here:

"Never ask WHY...ask WHY NOT?"

Thus, my only opinion offered here is..."why not?" He wants this...he has done nothing to NOT deserve it...it matters to him...and it costs the man who did it nothing.

WHY NOT?

--------------------

+Quote Post
bullwinkle
post Jan 27 2005, 10:42 PM
Post #6

The moose is loose!

One of the things I thought we came here to get away from was having post altered by admins. The topic is part of the post. If I had not started this thread, nobody would know that the Flying Dutchman didn't create that title for this thread.

Yes, apparently the thread drifted off topic, but that happens. If the admin has no way to make it known that they are changing the thread title, and that the new thread title is not the title that the origionator of the thread chose, then they need to leave it alone.

Thread drift is not a good reason to put words in someone else's mouth. Unfortunately, since there is no way to know that the current name of the thread is not the name that the Dutchman gave it, this is exactly what happened.

By the way, thanks for admitting you did it. That never happened where we came from. I appreciate your class.

+Quote Post
Flying Dutchman
post Jan 27 2005, 10:48 PM
Post #7

Hall of Famer

What's the problem Moose?!  mad.gif
I did the deed.
It's called thread drift.  It happens and we have the apperatus to "fix it" when it happens.

So again, what's the problem here?  hunch.gif

At another time, in another place, the all-powerful would change titles, delete threads and make other omnipotent changes without comment. I came here in support of the freedom for all of our members. I bought into the careful seperation of topics so football or politics or whatever could be enjoyed and/or avoided as one wished. If there was a problem with my RESPONSES to the questions placed on me then at least have the decency to say "Hey this belongs in another thread by itself or in another forum" or simply "please continue this offline". But NEVER do anything to whatever one writes without having the decency and courage to at least communicate with that person first. Your arrogant, "tough shit" response wherin you could not be bothered to even say " Sorry, we didn't mean to offend and next time we will/would contact you first" says everything about your attitude. I don't know who you are Donnie Mac but I do know what you are. ac6.gif

I can not avoid the visceral reaction that your intervention smacks of some pencil-necked geek who is averse to people like myself, Spider, Hobbs and Cowboyhater et al who share an interest in fitness.

--------------------
Dutch does Hammerstrength Triceps Pressdowns (610 lbs for reps)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=diiT_swXBjY

+Quote Post
JaxEagle
post Jan 28 2005, 07:09 AM
Post #8

Hall of Famer

QUOTE (Flying Dutchman @ Jan 27 2005, 11:48 PM)
I can not avoid the visceral reaction that your intervention smacks of  some pencil-necked geek who is averse to people like myself, Spider, Hobbs and Cowboyhater et al who share an interest in fitness.

Hey Dutch, can you translate this into the plain english version for us? Seems like the message was something like I have a tremendous physique and an even better vocabulary... biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

Pencil necks and meatheads, let's all get along. There is no communist censoring here at Wingheads.

+Quote Post
Donnie Mac
post Jan 28 2005, 12:58 PM
Post #9

Evil Dictator....for peace

QUOTE (bullwinkle @ Jan 27 2005, 09:42 PM)
One of the things I thought we came here to get away from was having post altered by admins. The topic is part of the post. If I had not started this thread, nobody would know that the Flying Dutchman didn't create that title for this thread.

Yes, apparently the thread drifted off topic, but that happens. If the admin has no way to make it known that they are changing the thread title, and that the new thread title is not the title that the origionator of the thread chose, then they need to leave it alone.

Thread drift is not a good reason to put words in someone else's mouth. Unfortunately, since there is no way to know that the current name of the thread is not the name that the Dutchman gave it, this is exactly what happened.

By the way, thanks for admitting you did it. That never happened where we came from. I appreciate your class.

Dutchy.

I don't understand where the editing and words in my mouth claim comes from.
I NEVER went and touched anyone's post in the weight lifting/Greg Lewis thread(s). I moved them. THAT IS ALL I DID!!!!

Now I care about Greg Lewis, but I don't care about weightlifting. That is me. I guess I could go and delete every post about weightlifting on here, but that is not what my duties here are. I don't mind the rest of you talking about weightlifting, politics, movies, or football. You (collective) will be told when you step over the line. Until the reactions from Moose and Dutchy, I didn't think anyone here (including myself) had even approached that line.

In the end, I felt I would of done more harm telling those discussing weightlifting in the Greg Lewis thread to move along, than by doing what I did. My only regret is that I didn't add a post at in the "new" weightlifting thread with my reasoning.

Now we have a new mess, that I'm inclined to move to the Pissing in the Wind forum (if I have the backing of the other moderators).

--------------------
[b]Worst Poster Ever[/b]

+Quote Post
xsv
post Jan 28 2005, 01:10 PM
Post #10

Hall of Famer

I would certainly be of the opinion that this thread doesn't belong in the Football forum. Perhaps the 'Technical Help and Forum Suggestions'.

+Quote Post
Pila
post Jan 28 2005, 02:20 PM
Post #11

Eusbio

I agree with D completely. He, and all of us, merited an explanation. You see fit to move folk's posts, have the courtesy to explain your reasons rather than leaving us all wondering what the fuck happened. I'm pretty sure D would have accepted it without much fanfare had he been forewarned with an explanation.

--------------------
[img]http://dreadart67.files.wordpress.com/2008/03/benfica-2008-ii.jpg[/img]

+Quote Post
bullwinkle
post Jan 28 2005, 02:29 PM
Post #12

The moose is loose!

I'm ok with this being moved or preferably outright deleted. I think it was a simple misunderstanding. If the thread had been renamed weight lifting advice instead of weight lifting exploits, the misunderstanding would have been much less, but hindsight is 20-20. I think after Dutch gets a simple apology, it's time to move on and get rid of this thread. It will have outlived it's usefulness.

Just to meke sure you don't miss this.....you have my permission to delete this thread.

+Quote Post
J_Cuz
post Mar 4 2005, 05:59 PM
Post #13

Maximilien Francois Marie Isidore de Robespierre

Would the sam admin please delete my threads from the past two days.

It's embarassing.

rolleyes.gif

--------------------
"I wish Andy would give up the play calling" Didinger
"I'm right there with you" Rendell

+Quote Post
since75
post Mar 10 2005, 01:55 PM
Post #14

The Gipper's Dad

QUOTE (J_Cuz @ Mar 4 2005, 05:59 PM)
Would the sam admin please delete my threads from the past two days.

It's embarassing.

rolleyes.gif

Or he'll drive to your house in California, and let you whip his scrawny little ass! Be afraid...be VERY afraid! mad.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

NFL Football Tickets    football flash games   
RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd October 2017 - 03:55 PM