IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Buy Eagles tickets or search for cheap sports tickets including all playoff games and super bowl tickets @ LetsGetTickets.com
Posts in this topic
> 5 players likely to be traded by draft, Could the Eagles be major players?
canadianeagle
post Apr 17 2009, 09:45 AM
Post #1

Veteran

Group: Members

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d8...mp;confirm=true

I thought this was an interesting article. It is at the very least intriguing. Of the top 5 players who have a good chance to be playing with different teams this year, the Eagles are linked to 3 of them. They have the extra picks and they have the money it's time to use it.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
bullwinkle
post Apr 17 2009, 01:03 PM
Post #2

The moose is loose!

Group: Members

I still think the Eagles need a heir to Westbrook and a 2nd TE more than they need a WR and LT this year. I also think they will trade more players off the team than they will onto the team during the draft weekend, or at least break even.

They will need another WR in a year or two as Curtis begins to slow down if Baskett can't replace him. And they would like a tall CB to groom for when Sheldon Brown loses a step. But I don't think they are the priorities this year. So they will probably go after players for these spots in the latter rounds that will need time to develop.

I would not be surprised to see them take a RB, TE and C on the first day. And I wouldn't be surprised to see them wind up with a 4th pick on the first day by trading draft choices and players to do it.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

NFL Football Tickets    football flash games   
RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st June 2018 - 03:48 AM