IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Buy Eagles tickets or search for cheap sports tickets including all playoff games and super bowl tickets @ LetsGetTickets.com
Posts in this topic
> Clarify the rules!!!!
str8-up
post Jun 15 2007, 09:52 AM
Post #1

Veteran

Group: Members

I need somebody to clarify the rules about Insults ( aka the name calling bullshit ) that is allowed to go on in this forum. It certainly seems like that if a few here don't agree with a posters post, that they revert to the childish act of name calling. I thought that if you don't agree with a post it was just easy enough to just not respond at all, and if you really don't like the poster you could choose to ignore that poster by simply using the ignore feature.

Nah, to easy and to mature!!!

I find it a enormous Shame that only the few who choose to revert to the name calling bullshit can ruin it for the rest of us who choose not to do it.This board to me used to be one of my favorite sites to come to, but in the last year I have read alot of poster bashing from the few who do it and have lost some interest in visiting and posting on this this site. I wonder how many others have chosen not to participate on this forum the way they used to because of it?

Like it or not V-man and Balls have had their share of insults!!! I don't always agree with their point of view but they are entitled to it whatever it may be and should also be entitled to post an opinion on this forum without regard to being insulted.

Just my 2 cents.

So Clarify the fucking rules, It's either open season or no tolerence.

Calling a poster an asshole is chiding???

--------------------
[size="4"]Maybe Next Year!!![/size]

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
xsv
post Jun 15 2007, 09:57 AM
Post #2

Hall of Famer

Group: Admin

http://wingheads.com/index.php?s=&show...st&p=116762

+Quote Post
Pila
post Jun 15 2007, 10:01 AM
Post #3

Eusébio

QUOTE(str8-up @ Jun 15 2007, 03:52 PM) [snapback]116760[/snapback]

I need somebody to clarify the rules about Insults ( aka the name calling bullshit ) that is allowed to go on in this forum. It certainly seems like that if a few here don't agree with a posters post, that they revert to the childish act of name calling. I thought that if you don't agree with a post it was just easy enough to just not respond at all, and if you really don't like the poster you could choose to ignore that poster by simply using the ignore feature.

Nah, to easy and to mature!!!

I find it a enormous Shame that only the few who choose to revert to the name calling bullshit can ruin it for the rest of us who choose not to do it.This board to me used to be one of my favorite sites to come to, but in the last year I have read alot of poster bashing from the few who do it and have lost some interest in visiting and posting on this this site. I wonder how many others have chosen not to participate on this forum the way they used to because of it?

Like it or not V-man and Balls have had their share of insults!!! I don't always agree with their point of view but they are entitled to it whatever it may be and should also be entitled to post an opinion on this forum without regard to being insulted.
Just my 2 cents.

So Clarify the fucking rules, It's either open season or no tolerence.

Calling a poster an asshole is chiding???
Excellent question! Allow me-

You can not ever, ever, ever call me mean names! Ever!

However, I may call you a name that may come off as mean, but in reality I mean it as a term of endearment. So when I do it it doesn't count.

Next question.

--------------------
[img]http://dreadart67.files.wordpress.com/2008/03/benfica-2008-ii.jpg[/img]

+Quote Post
mike quick
post Jun 15 2007, 10:01 AM
Post #4

toe

I believe the majority here would agree that most of what V-man/BB posts is to antagonize the rest of the members here, not just to have a different opinion on whatever subject is at hand. To me its pretty obvious what there intent is.

On top of that, after they get people riled up they want to cry about the rules because it suites them at that particular time.

Doesn't matter, the board took a step forward last night. smile.gif

--------------------
QUOTE(McPhila @ Jan 17 2007, 07:31 PM) [snapback]103135[/snapback]

Eckel. WIP. VMan.
These things all have one thing in common.

+Quote Post
Commish
post Jun 15 2007, 12:10 PM
Post #5

Fan for Life

QUOTE(str8-up @ Jun 15 2007, 10:52 AM) [snapback]116760[/snapback]

This board to me used to be one of my favorite sites to come to, but in the last year I have read alot of poster bashing from the few who do it and have lost some interest in visiting and posting on this this site.

I'm with ya. Why some people here have no respect for their fellow Eagles fans is beyond me. I've tried to ask nicely and have been mocked. I have held my tongue more times than I can count. While the ignore option has helped, I've started visiting less and have stopped recommending this site to other Eagles fans.

--------------------
Don't you realize the sky is falling? And, when it eventually does, I'll be here to say "I told you so!"

+Quote Post
Pila
post Jun 15 2007, 12:19 PM
Post #6

Eusébio

QUOTE(Commish @ Jun 15 2007, 06:10 PM) [snapback]116776[/snapback]

I'm with ya. Why some people here have no respect for their fellow Eagles fans is beyond me. I've tried to ask nicely and have been mocked. I have held my tongue more times than I can count. While the ignore option has helped, I've started visiting less and have stopped recommending this site to other Eagles fans.
And despite all that, Jesus still loves you. Isn't that what counts?

--------------------
[img]http://dreadart67.files.wordpress.com/2008/03/benfica-2008-ii.jpg[/img]

+Quote Post
Wingspan
post Jun 15 2007, 01:44 PM
Post #7

Voidable Contract

I actually agree with vman, buddys balls, and str8up here. There's a huge discrepency in the "rules"

--------------------

-------
Ripping-off Bill's witty signature for free since 6/8/04

+Quote Post
xsv
post Jun 15 2007, 02:13 PM
Post #8

Hall of Famer

QUOTE(Wingspan @ Jun 15 2007, 02:44 PM) [snapback]116781[/snapback]

I actually agree with vman, buddys balls, and str8up here. There's a huge discrepancy in the "rules"

As I said, I don't get tinot the moderation here very often, so I'm not so sure.

Did the offending posters receive infractions?

Are you saying that every time someone offends someone else that it should be immediately edited and the offending content removed? I know I sure don't have the time for that. If it's reported, I'll might step in and make an edit or two. But I just don't have enough time to read every line of every post. None of us do.

+Quote Post
Wingspan
post Jun 15 2007, 03:14 PM
Post #9

Voidable Contract

QUOTE(xsv @ Jun 15 2007, 03:13 PM) [snapback]116783[/snapback]

As I said, I don't get tinot the moderation here very often, so I'm not so sure.

Did the offending posters receive infractions?

Are you saying that every time someone offends someone else that it should be immediately edited and the offending content removed? I know I sure don't have the time for that. If it's reported, I'll might step in and make an edit or two. But I just don't have enough time to read every line of every post. None of us do.

it doesnt happen to me, so i dont know of every instance. i dont know about any infractions. hell, i dont think i have agreed with no more than 3 combined statements from buddysballs or vman...but they have never resorted to calling names (that i have seen)...

but if it's going to be in the rules. it should be equally enforced...no analysis about it. If it were me (and again, it's not, i'm just butting in) calling someone an asshole, a twit...etc...is against that rule, regardless of who says it.

now i would say that there are obvious exceptions (people who are friends off the board...) or when it's an obvious joke...but that is where a smily...or a (jk) would come in...no?

like i said, i am just butting in here. this really has nothing to do with me in any way. i have no axes to grind....just offering my two cents.

--------------------

-------

+Quote Post
xsv
post Jun 15 2007, 03:34 PM
Post #10

Hall of Famer

QUOTE(Wingspan @ Jun 15 2007, 04:14 PM) [snapback]116787[/snapback]

so i dont know of every instance. i dont know about any infractions.

That's my point. I know that dozens of infractions have been handed out, and at least 1 permanent ban has occured. All specifically related to the inability to refrain from hurling personal insults. And I'll say a significant percentage of them have occurred with Vman or BB as the ones being insulted.

How do you know that these insults are not being moderated appropriately?

+Quote Post
Wingspan
post Jun 15 2007, 05:02 PM
Post #11

Voidable Contract

QUOTE(xsv @ Jun 15 2007, 04:34 PM) [snapback]116792[/snapback]

How do you know that these insults are not being moderated appropriately?

I don't. Nor did I claim to. Like I said...i was just butting in. ph34r.gif

--------------------

-------

+Quote Post
Bocadelphia Eagl...
post Jun 15 2007, 05:44 PM
Post #12

Bocadelphia Eagles John

personally I think you all eat shit and are a bunch of assholes but it's better here than in that shithole of a circle jerking gang wank called TOB. ph34r.gif

So fuck the lot of ya, ya cock sucking mo fo's. blink.gif

What a bunch of homos. ohmy.gif

laugh.gif smile.gif biggrin.gif tongue.gif wink.gif cool.gif unsure.gif ohmy.gif huh.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

NFL Football Tickets    football flash games   
RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th July 2014 - 08:07 AM