IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Buy Eagles tickets or search for cheap sports tickets including all playoff games and super bowl tickets @ LetsGetTickets.com
Posts in this topic
> Thanks For Nothing MODS
xsv
post Jun 15 2007, 09:56 AM
Post #1

Hall of Famer

Group: Admin

I'm sorry to see anyone leave here. And I enjoy reading both VM and BBs posts.

The thing that they don't seem to understand though, is that this forum is not moderated 24/7. When posts cross the line, we moderate them, usually in our own time, and the offending poster almost always gets an infraction. Once someone gets 5 infractions, they are temporarily banned. There's been at least one permanent ban from someone who repeatedly broke this policy.

What we cannot do is always edit the post in a timely manner. Maybe it gets edited a day or two later. And how do you know the offending poster didn't get reprimanded? I know that back when I was activly moderating the board, that I was handing out infractions to people without notifying the person that was offended. It happens all the time.

All I can say is, if you feel a posts is across the line, REPORT IT, and a moderator will take the action they deem appropriate, and you may not be made aware of that action.

Also, if you think you can do a better job, by all means, please feel free apply to be a moderator. It's a thankless job, on a volunteer basis, and like I said previously, we don't have 100% coverage.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
3 User(s) are reading this topic (3 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

NFL Football Tickets    football flash games   
RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th December 2017 - 11:52 AM