IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Buy Eagles tickets or search for cheap sports tickets including all playoff games and super bowl tickets @ LetsGetTickets.com
Posts in this topic
> Thanks For Nothing MODS
mike quick
post Jun 15 2007, 07:58 AM
Post #1

toe

Group: Members

QUOTE(AustinFan @ Jun 15 2007, 07:51 AM) [snapback]116746[/snapback]

While D-Rock and RF do slip on occassion, this is all a tempest in a teapot.

VM and BB take a lot of flak, ALL of it deserved, when you get your kicks stirring shit, you have to expect some of it to stick to you. Both post deliberately provocative (in the worst sense) items designed to get a reaction, not to promote discussion or even friendly repartee.

I'd say overall the board's been pretty darn tolerant.
Ding Ding Ding! We have a winner!!!

I really have tried to just avoid replying to there posts just for that reason..... They can go pound sand as far as I'm concerned because this board just got better with 2 of those types eliminated.

--------------------
QUOTE(McPhila @ Jan 17 2007, 07:31 PM) [snapback]103135[/snapback]

Eckel. WIP. VMan.
These things all have one thing in common.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
Osceola
post Jun 15 2007, 09:42 AM
Post #2

Portentous Despot

Group: Admin

QUOTE(mike quick @ Jun 15 2007, 08:58 AM) [snapback]116750[/snapback]

this board just got better with 2 of those types eliminated.

The board did NOT get better. Because a given poster may have different opinions or choose to express those opinions in a manner that some find abrasive or contrary may mean they become a target for chiding but it neither makes their opinion wrong or suggests they should not participate here.

As was already stated, the moderators here have families and jobs and are not always present 24/7. If we fail to react quickly enough or fairly enough to a given situation it is not indicative of favoritism or a neglect for the concept or rules of this forum but is merely a reflection of our being human. It is not always so clear where a line should be drawn with regards to personal attacks. If one is looking for perfection in moderation of an internet bulletin board this is not the place to find it. We try. Sometimes we miss but I think we hit more often.

I will add that the best moderation is self-imposed. Most of the posters here are intelligent enough and mature enough to know when they or someone else has gone too far. Most posters understand and practice restraint when a line has been crossed. Maybe some should be a bit more tolerant in a given situation but mostly it seems people get along pretty well here and enjoy the community.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

NFL Football Tickets    football flash games   
RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st October 2017 - 08:56 AM