IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Buy Eagles tickets or search for cheap sports tickets including all playoff games and super bowl tickets @ LetsGetTickets.com
Posts in this topic
- vermeilman   Thanks For Nothing MODS   Jun 14 2007, 07:31 PM
- - Pila   Now! Now! Calm down, everyone - we can...   Jun 15 2007, 09:22 AM
- - Pila   You tell 'em, Osceola! That's right...   Jun 15 2007, 09:53 AM
- - xsv   I'm sorry to see anyone leave here. And I enjo...   Jun 15 2007, 09:56 AM
> Thanks For Nothing MODS
vermeilman
post Jun 14 2007, 07:31 PM
Post #1

Hall of Famer

Group: Members

Thanks for demonstrating once again that your rules mean nothing.

Frankly I'm sick of the personal attacks and your willingness to allow them to continue.

Have fun.

I won't be back.

--------------------
"Let the Trotter and Vermeil Bashing Begin!"
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Pila
post Jun 15 2007, 09:22 AM
Post #2

Eusébio

Now! Now! Calm down, everyone - we can't have them both leave! One of them gotta stick around so they can post pictures of their Disney vacations with black guys and Caribean cruises with Mormons... Otherwise we're left with just MD's lesbian tenants. And that wouldn't be right.

+Quote Post
BgBry44
post Jun 15 2007, 09:41 AM
Post #3

Resident Metal Guy

QUOTE(Buddysballs @ Jun 14 2007, 11:20 PM) [snapback]116731[/snapback]

I don't think we can see other users warning meters.

Re-read his post. He acknowledges that you can't see it.

--------------------
This future of despair is easy to avoid...

+Quote Post
Osceola
post Jun 15 2007, 09:42 AM
Post #4

Portentous Despot

Group: Admin

QUOTE(mike quick @ Jun 15 2007, 08:58 AM) [snapback]116750[/snapback]

this board just got better with 2 of those types eliminated.

The board did NOT get better. Because a given poster may have different opinions or choose to express those opinions in a manner that some find abrasive or contrary may mean they become a target for chiding but it neither makes their opinion wrong or suggests they should not participate here.

As was already stated, the moderators here have families and jobs and are not always present 24/7. If we fail to react quickly enough or fairly enough to a given situation it is not indicative of favoritism or a neglect for the concept or rules of this forum but is merely a reflection of our being human. It is not always so clear where a line should be drawn with regards to personal attacks. If one is looking for perfection in moderation of an internet bulletin board this is not the place to find it. We try. Sometimes we miss but I think we hit more often.

I will add that the best moderation is self-imposed. Most of the posters here are intelligent enough and mature enough to know when they or someone else has gone too far. Most posters understand and practice restraint when a line has been crossed. Maybe some should be a bit more tolerant in a given situation but mostly it seems people get along pretty well here and enjoy the community.

+Quote Post
Pila
post Jun 15 2007, 09:53 AM
Post #5

Eusébio

You tell 'em, Osceola!

That's right! All of you need to grow up some. Frankly, some of you have disappointed today, it's never cool to make fun of the impaired. That's all I'm saying.

+Quote Post
xsv
post Jun 15 2007, 09:56 AM
Post #6

Hall of Famer

Group: Admin

I'm sorry to see anyone leave here. And I enjoy reading both VM and BBs posts.

The thing that they don't seem to understand though, is that this forum is not moderated 24/7. When posts cross the line, we moderate them, usually in our own time, and the offending poster almost always gets an infraction. Once someone gets 5 infractions, they are temporarily banned. There's been at least one permanent ban from someone who repeatedly broke this policy.

What we cannot do is always edit the post in a timely manner. Maybe it gets edited a day or two later. And how do you know the offending poster didn't get reprimanded? I know that back when I was activly moderating the board, that I was handing out infractions to people without notifying the person that was offended. It happens all the time.

All I can say is, if you feel a posts is across the line, REPORT IT, and a moderator will take the action they deem appropriate, and you may not be made aware of that action.

Also, if you think you can do a better job, by all means, please feel free apply to be a moderator. It's a thankless job, on a volunteer basis, and like I said previously, we don't have 100% coverage.

+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

NFL Football Tickets    football flash games   
RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 15th December 2017 - 10:33 PM