IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Buy Eagles tickets or search for cheap sports tickets including all playoff games and super bowl tickets @ LetsGetTickets.com
Posts in this topic
> WOW!, Ya jest GOTTA check this out!
Buddysballs
post Jun 16 2007, 05:22 PM
Post #1

Veteran

Group: Members

I think is all really a shame. This board was fun because of the different opinions etc.. so I really hope Vman comes back. But honestly I can understand how he feels because I have been the target of a lot of attacks also.. and it really made posting not as fun for me.

I just got tired of trying to post topics to debate and getting stupid off topic replies from a few users like "YOUR AN ASSHOLE" or YOUR A TWIT" etc. It has got to the point where I don't even really post on this board much anymore.. which is probably what a few of the people posting that garbage wanted so there you go. I guess mission accomplished. I just float by once in awhile now and read a few things and move on... it's just hard to want to try to contribute a topic for discussion when you some people are allowed to reply off-topic and just resort to name calling out of nowhere.

Lastly, i really don't agree with the whole baiting excuse to name calling. If you don't agree with a persons topic you can always just not post in it or reply to it and debate the topic and try to prove the poster wrong.. theres no reason to act immature and call people names. Now when i'm called all sorts of names.. isn't that baiting? Whats more baiting than being called a scumbag or asshole? Well, i still dont resort to name calling and that sort of bs even though im being "baited" by people calling me out like that. I just try to reply on topic and debate.. because thats what its supposed to be about.. thats the fun of message boards. Its just really a shame that theres a handful of people that don't understand that.

DROCK was right above when he says that this is supposed to be entertainment.. debating can be fun and even hilarious.. but all this name calling takes the fun out of everything.. to the point where some of us dont even feel like posting and others just have left the board. There really has to be a no tolerance rule on that type of thing. Otherwise, eventually theres just gonna be like 15 people left on this board who all agree on everything.. what the hell fun is that.

--------------------
In April 2007, Eagles Quarterback M Vick personally helped drown three or four dogs, a process that took two people to hold the animalís legs while the dogís head was held under water.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
D Rock
post Jun 16 2007, 05:30 PM
Post #2

Resident "Literal Police"

QUOTE(Buddysballs @ Jun 16 2007, 10:22 PM) [snapback]116888[/snapback]

I just got tired of trying to post topics to debate and getting stupid off topic replies from a few users like "YOUR AN ASSHOLE" or YOUR A TWIT" etc.

You want to start a topic about football, and back your opinions with more than Madden ratings. Then some might actually engage you in the "debate" you seek.

But, if you continue to come with "Carson Palmer is better than McNabb, just look at the Madden ratings" and expect a reasonable discourse....you're either kidding yourself, dumb as a stump or 11 years old.

I honestly can't make up my mind which of those 3 choices I'd bet on.

--------------------
I'll Drink to That!!!!!

+Quote Post
Buddysballs
post Jun 16 2007, 05:40 PM
Post #3

Veteran

QUOTE(D Rock @ Jun 16 2007, 06:30 PM) [snapback]116889[/snapback]

You want to start a topic about football, and back your opinions with more than Madden ratings. Then some might actually engage you in the "debate" you seek.

But, if you continue to come with "Carson Palmer is better than McNabb, just look at the Madden ratings" and expect a reasonable discourse....you're either kidding yourself, dumb as a stump or 11 years old.

I honestly can't make up my mind which of those 3 choices I'd bet on.

Madden ratings are very accurate and even NFL players themselves discuss them often.. I think your insistence on not understanding the validity of ratings from a game that sells millions of copies each year is just some type of generational gap thing. But even though I don't agree with you, im not going to call you as dumb as a stump or 11 years old.. i'll let you mature users resort to that type of behavior. Yawn.. more name calling.. dude you win.. i give up.

--------------------
In April 2007, Eagles Quarterback M Vick personally helped drown three or four dogs, a process that took two people to hold the animalís legs while the dogís head was held under water.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
5 User(s) are reading this topic (5 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

NFL Football Tickets    football flash games   
RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd October 2017 - 11:00 PM