IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Buy Eagles tickets or search for cheap sports tickets including all playoff games and super bowl tickets @ LetsGetTickets.com
Posts in this topic
> Week 5
Phits
post Oct 5 2006, 01:18 PM
Post #1

Hall of Famer

Group: Members

Ok Gents, how is week 5 shaping up for you?
At first glance i like:

Rams -3 @ GB...two teams headed in opposite directions. Rams have a solid ground and air attack that should be able to pick on GB's hapless secondary all day

KC -3.5 @ Arizona...first start for Leinart? that's great, but it doesn't help the O-Line's piss poor blocking all season. Expect LJ to have a big big day on the ground against the overmatched Cards.

@49'ers -3.5 vs OAK...the tale of two cities or the tale of two "SHIT TEAMS"...either way Oakland sucks just a bit more than SF does

@SD -3.5 vs Pitts...Rottenburger is proving that he is a lighter shade clone of Daunte Culpepper...and that's no compliment. i expect this to llok like the Baltimore game last week for SD with the Chargers pulling this one out.

JAX look good but is -7 at home against the Jets too much?

My personal pick has no validation but I would love to see the VaGiants trounce the "Skidmarks" to leave Philly alone at the top of the division. Coughlin better have his team ready for this...he doesn't want or need to see the Gnats alone at the bottom of the division with a 1-3 record

Buffalo isn't very good and da Bears seem to be the best...11 points @ CHI seems a bit much, but not as bad as the 10 that NE has over Miami. Miami looked like they were putting it together at the end of the game last week..will there be any residue from that near victory? or will they continue to have a problem scoring...much like Childress and the Vikings, who are favored by a TD over the Lions....the same Lions team who was involved in a shootout last week with the RAMS.

Thoughts?

--------------------
"Bless my eyes this morning, Jah sun is on the rise once again. The way earthly things are going, anything can happen." Robert Nesta Marley (1945 1981)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
xsv
post Oct 5 2006, 06:41 PM
Post #2

Hall of Famer

Group: Admin

I like some of your games.

KC -3.5 @ Arizona - is practically a virtual stone cold lock.
Oak +3.5 @ 49ers - I think they both suck equally, therefore will take the 3.5
@GB + 3 vs. Rams - A game GB just can't lose.
Buffalo +11 @ Bears - Buffalo is playing pretty well, and 11 points is too much.

I'll probably take 3 out of these 4, but I also like...

Philly -2. No way does Donovan lose this game. No way.
Jets +7. They almost kicked Indys ass last week, and are playing well.
Tampa +6.5 jsut a gut feeling.

+Quote Post
Phits
post Oct 6 2006, 10:48 AM
Post #3

Hall of Famer

QUOTE(xsv @ Oct 5 2006, 06:41 PM) [snapback]87647[/snapback]

I like some of your games.

KC -3.5 @ Arizona - is practically a virtual stone cold lock.
Oak +3.5 @ 49ers - I think they both suck equally, therefore will take the 3.5
@GB + 3 vs. Rams - A game GB just can't lose.
Buffalo +11 @ Bears - Buffalo is playing pretty well, and 11 points is too much.

I'll probably take 3 out of these 4, but I also like...

Philly -2. No way does Donovan lose this game. No way.
Jets +7. They almost kicked Indys ass last week, and are playing well.
Tampa +6.5 jsut a gut feeling.

I went with a 3 game parlay :
KC -3.5 @ Arizona
@ 49ers -3.5
Rams -3

i was gonna take the over in the Colts game [48] but Tenn cannot hold up its end of the bargain

--------------------
"Bless my eyes this morning, Jah sun is on the rise once again. The way earthly things are going, anything can happen." Robert Nesta Marley (1945 1981)

+Quote Post
nephillymike
post Oct 7 2006, 10:27 PM
Post #4

Token Axis Member

After going over the numbers, quite a few stand out as solid values. If I just went with it last week, instead of putting the human touch on it, I would have went 5-3 instead of 1-2!!

Cle +8 @ Car - I don't like this one.
Min -6.5 vs. Det - I like it. Detroit blows
NO-6.5 vs. TB - TB had the bye, but Gradkowski??
WAs +4.5 @ NYG - NYG had the bye, but so much disharmony in Coughlin's Camp
KC-3.5@ Ari - Leinart's debut. Should be a lot of rookie mistakes in this one. He was late to camp also
SF-3.5 vs. Oak - not really a home field advantage but Oakland is brutal and Moss already gave up
SD-3 vs. Pit - numbers wise it's a steal. Concern, lose here and Pit is in deep trouble. Pit had the bye
Bal +4 @ Den - Den had the bye, but numbers wise another no brainer.

If I dump Cle and keep the other seven, I would be betting against all four teams coming off the bye!!

We'll see.

Anyone?

+Quote Post
ordErgy09
post Dec 19 2009, 04:55 AM
Post #5

Rookie

OK, it had to come some time.

And with thanks to John jgs who asked so often for it to be added to the bag it has now been pulled.

the theme for week 29 is.....

EASY

Now there will be no excuses this week -

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

NFL Football Tickets    football flash games   
RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 2nd October 2014 - 05:24 AM