IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Buy Eagles tickets or search for cheap sports tickets including all playoff games and super bowl tickets @ LetsGetTickets.com
Posts in this topic
- Sandor   How many mini forums do we need?   Apr 25 2004, 10:13 PM
- - JaxEagle   agree 100%!   Apr 25 2004, 10:15 PM
- - rjohns02   In this situation, I definitely think less is more...   Apr 25 2004, 10:52 PM
- - wizardsandwars   Two of the biggest problems me and Eyrie had as ad...   Apr 26 2004, 05:09 AM
- - D Rock   i agree with Sandor. I don't want to get ca...   Apr 26 2004, 06:59 PM
> How many mini forums do we need?, One place, many cul-de-sacs
Sandor
post Apr 25 2004, 10:13 PM
Post #1

I Need Help

Group: Members

Other than the "troll bin" and the "Set up forum," do we really need to stratify the other various topics?

Why not combine the off topic with Eagles talk, with everyone's reports (actually you might be able to convince me to keep that forum).

Just have better execution of our ideals and everything can merge together seemlessly. (Or so I'd think cool.gif )
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
JaxEagle
post Apr 25 2004, 10:15 PM
Post #2

Hall of Famer

agree 100%!

+Quote Post
rjohns02
post Apr 25 2004, 10:52 PM
Post #3

Veteran

In this situation, I definitely think less is more. Fewer forums will keep the community tighter. Besides, I like having a mix if on- and off-topic stuff all on the same page...I don't like having to shuffle between separate forums.

Anyway, just my 2 cents.

rj

+Quote Post
Guest_wizardsandwars_*
post Apr 26 2004, 05:09 AM
Post #4

Guests

Two of the biggest problems me and Eyrie had as administrators at the old forum was politial posts, and flame wars. Both tend to heavily dilute the discussion with crap that no one relly wants to read. Often, we would just delete those posts, so to most people, the board looked pretty normal on a day to day basis. The extra forums here are an attempt to allieviate that problem. We're going to allow political, religious, and flame posts, in there proper place.

I also think that by dividing out most of the regular off topic stuff, people that want to just read football, will have the opportunity to quickly find the relevent information they are looking for, while still keeping everyone 'under the same roof'.

I think that what you will find with this type of saftware, is that people that like to see the forums mixed together will use the 'View New Posts' link, in the upper right hand corner. This will give you the format you are more accustomed to.

+Quote Post
D Rock
post Apr 26 2004, 06:59 PM
Post #5

Resident "Literal Police"

i agree with Sandor.

I don't want to get caught up in all the mucky muck.

rolleyes.gif

--------------------
I'll Drink to That!!!!!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

NFL Football Tickets    football flash games   
RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th October 2018 - 06:57 PM