IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Buy Eagles tickets or search for cheap sports tickets including all playoff games and super bowl tickets @ LetsGetTickets.com
Posts in this topic
> Tyrod Taylor to the Browns
One
post Mar 9 2018, 10:00 PM
Post #1

Zero retired

Group: Members

For the first pick in the third round, #65. Buffalo now without any QB, two firsts, two seconds and two thirds. Arizona also has no QB and Minnesota has none.

--------------------
No one likes us, we don't care.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Birdwatcher
post Mar 9 2018, 11:41 PM
Post #2

Hall of Famer

Sounds like the Vikes are going for Cousins, and with McDermott in Buffalo with two picks in each of the first three rounds, why do I see Nick playing with Shady again? Things are getting interesting...can Howie get two of their first six picks for him? I heard they offered a 2 already, but we know Howie will milk more than that if he is going to pull the trigger.

+Quote Post
Joegrane
post Mar 10 2018, 09:55 AM
Post #3

Hall of Famer

I agree with you, but some think McDermott would like to use his picks to move up like the Eagles did to get CW.

He could then sign Bradford to be the place-holder QB while his rookie learns the NFL.

I think that would be attractive to Sam B since Buffalo is a playoff contender. Sam might also be an interesting place-holder in Denver.

Nick might be a better fit for a team that can't get to a desirable QB near the top of the draft and has to settle for a developmental QB. That might be the Cardinals due to relatively low draft slot and lack of extraordinary draft capital.

The return for Taylor is interesting to Eagles fans who think St Nick will be traded. I assume Nick is worth more but how much more, especially in a rare year with an abundance of options for QB-needy teams.

QUOTE (Birdwatcher @ Mar 9 2018, 11:41 PM) *
Sounds like the Vikes are going for Cousins, and with McDermott in Buffalo with two picks in each of the first three rounds, why do I see Nick playing with Shady again? Things are getting interesting...can Howie get two of their first six picks for him? I heard they offered a 2 already, but we know Howie will milk more than that if he is going to pull the trigger.

+Quote Post
eagle60
post Mar 10 2018, 01:46 PM
Post #4

Veteran

QUOTE (Joegrane @ Mar 10 2018, 09:55 AM) *
I agree with you, but some think McDermott would like to use his picks to move up like the Eagles did to get CW.

He could then sign Bradford to be the place-holder QB while his rookie learns the NFL.

I think that would be attractive to Sam B since Buffalo is a playoff contender. Sam might also be an interesting place-holder in Denver.

Nick might be a better fit for a team that can't get to a desirable QB near the top of the draft and has to settle for a developmental QB. That might be the Cardinals due to relatively low draft slot and lack of extraordinary draft capital.

The return for Taylor is interesting to Eagles fans who think St Nick will be traded. I assume Nick is worth more but how much more, especially in a rare year with an abundance of options for QB-needy teams.

Everybody keeps saying that about these college QBs but I don't see it. Neither one of those PAC 12 kids seem like a sureshot.

+Quote Post
Eyrie
post Mar 10 2018, 02:23 PM
Post #5

Illegal Alien

QUOTE (eagle60 @ Mar 10 2018, 06:46 PM) *
Everybody keeps saying that about these college QBs but I don't see it. Neither one of those PAC 12 kids seem like a sureshot.

Teams don't think that way however.

QB is such an important position that they'll roll the dice to get their franchise player for the next decade and if he doesn't work out, then they'll try again in another couple of years which is when they'd be looking to replace the veteran placeholder anyway.

--------------------
Stuff the Axis application - we're the 2018 SuperBowl Champions!!!!

+Quote Post
Joegrane
post Mar 10 2018, 07:33 PM
Post #6

Hall of Famer

Also those young QBs are very cheap.

QUOTE (Eyrie @ Mar 10 2018, 02:23 PM) *
Teams don't think that way however.

QB is such an important position that they'll roll the dice to get their franchise player for the next decade and if he doesn't work out, then they'll try again in another couple of years which is when they'd be looking to replace the veteran placeholder anyway.

+Quote Post
Eyrie
post Mar 11 2018, 08:04 AM
Post #7

Illegal Alien

QUOTE (Joegrane @ Mar 11 2018, 12:33 AM) *
Also those young QBs are very cheap.

Good point, and one which we are currently benefitting from.

--------------------
Stuff the Axis application - we're the 2018 SuperBowl Champions!!!!

+Quote Post
Joegrane
post Mar 11 2018, 11:49 PM
Post #8

Hall of Famer

Indeed, but I wonder if some of Howie's moves will be in preparation for next year?

For example, Howie may know he won't be able to afford Graham and Darby so is preparing for the trades this year rather than getting nothing but a comp pick later,

we still don't know Lurie's goal--another SB run or just keep the team in contention for the forseeable future.

QUOTE (Eyrie @ Mar 11 2018, 08:04 AM) *
Good point, and one which we are currently benefitting from.

+Quote Post
eagle60
post Mar 12 2018, 01:07 AM
Post #9

Veteran

Sam is such a statue I don't see much of a market for him.

+Quote Post
One
post Mar 12 2018, 06:29 AM
Post #10

Zero retired

QUOTE (Joegrane @ Mar 11 2018, 11:49 PM) *
we still don't know Lurie's goal--another SB run or just keep the team in contention for the forseeable future.
They're goal is to win and keep winning and you have to be in contention to win.

--------------------
No one likes us, we don't care.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

NFL Football Tickets    football flash games   
RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd July 2018 - 11:21 AM