IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Buy Eagles tickets or search for cheap sports tickets including all playoff games and super bowl tickets @ LetsGetTickets.com
Posts in this topic
> Interesting piece from the NY Daily News
Zero
post Mar 15 2013, 05:51 AM
Post #1

Soldier #1654 of the Eagle Empire

Group: Members

There's alot of talk about Phillips' degenerative knees. I guess the Giants thought the guy can still play though:
Phillips' departure was hardly unexpected; the Giants made him an offer late last week, but it was not enough to keep him from hitting the market.

Link ...

What's also interesting is:
The Giants also announced the return of [Aaron] Ross, who signed a three-year deal with the Jaguars last year. After a quiet season, Jacksonville cut him on March 8. Ross apparently was always aiming to return to the Giants; he said he had spoken to GM Jerry Reese about the possibility as soon as he inked his big-money deal with Jacksonville. "I told him I had a three-year contract and as soon as it's over, I'll be ready to come back home," he said. "That three-year contract ended a little earlier than I thought, and he made the call and I was more than excited to come back here.
Great signing by the Jags, huh?

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
nephillymike
post Mar 15 2013, 09:54 AM
Post #2

Token Axis Member

I remember wanting to take Phillips in the draft, but then i remember after a few years, the Eagles lighting him up when we played the NYG. Same with Leron landry. We lit him up too.

Does anyone remember Phillips being good when he played against us?

+Quote Post
Eyrie
post Mar 15 2013, 02:27 PM
Post #3

Illegal Alien

QUOTE (nephillymike @ Mar 15 2013, 02:54 PM) *
I remember wanting to take Phillips in the draft, but then i remember after a few years, the Eagles lighting him up when we played the NYG. Same with Leron landry. We lit him up too.

Wasn't Phillips the S the VaGiants used when they exposed Vick by bringing pressure from his left and flushing him to the right?

--------------------
Despite failing both the spelling test and the grammar test, my Axis application was rererereevaluated.

And I've been informed "Your Axis card is in the mail..................."

+Quote Post
D Rock
post Mar 16 2013, 02:12 AM
Post #4

Resident "Literal Police"

QUOTE (nephillymike @ Mar 15 2013, 03:54 PM) *

Landry is a better version of what we had in Mike Lewis. You almost want to put 15 lbs. on him and make him a 4/3 Will.

--------------------
I'll Drink to That!!!!!

+Quote Post
Zero
post Mar 16 2013, 06:01 AM
Post #5

Soldier #1654 of the Eagle Empire

QUOTE (Eyrie @ Mar 15 2013, 02:27 PM) *
Wasn't Phillips the S the VaGiants used when they exposed Vick by bringing pressure from his left and flushing him to the right?

Bottom line = Phillips is a major upgrade for the Eagles ... even with bad knees. devil03.gif

+Quote Post
D Rock
post Mar 16 2013, 11:13 AM
Post #6

Resident "Literal Police"

Hell, he could be one legged and still be an upgrade.

--------------------
I'll Drink to That!!!!!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

NFL Football Tickets    football flash games   
RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 13th December 2017 - 02:05 AM