IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Buy Eagles tickets or search for cheap sports tickets including all playoff games and super bowl tickets @ LetsGetTickets.com
Posts in this topic
> I was wrong...
Rick
post Feb 5 2018, 04:59 PM
Post #1

Hall of Famer

Group: Members

Yup, I was wrong. I was wrong about Pederson. The man out-coached Belicheat last night. Schooled him IMO. He never blinked when others cringed in fear (Jaguars? Falcons?). He never panicked. He believed in his players. He put his players in the right situations so they could succeed. He built a TEAM.

I was also wrong about Agholar. I was someone yelling for him to be cut after last season. Couldn't say enough bad things about the guy. He proved he belongs in the NFL and did a lot of great things for this team this season and (especially) last night. For him to have turned things around like he did shows his character. I respect that and very proud to have him on the team.

I was also wrong about this season being over when Wentz went down. I thought we'd do alright but maybe be one and done in the playoffs. Not because I think Foles isn't good but, in my words, "Wentz is special, Foles is just good. Special is what helps win SBs." I was wrong. Foles proved he is special two weeks and last night. Special in a different way than Wentz but special. So happy for him as well.

The best part is they are now Superbowl Champions. I have never been so happy to be so wrong...
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
The Franchise
post Feb 5 2018, 05:17 PM
Post #2

Hall of Famer

QUOTE (Rick @ Feb 5 2018, 05:59 PM) *
Yup, I was wrong. I was wrong about Pederson. The man out-coached Belicheat last night. Schooled him IMO. He never blinked when others cringed in fear (Jaguars? Falcons?). He never panicked. He believed in his players. He put his players in the right situations so they could succeed. He built a TEAM.

I was also wrong about Agholar. I was someone yelling for him to be cut after last season. Couldn't say enough bad things about the guy. He proved he belongs in the NFL and did a lot of great things for this team this season and (especially) last night. For him to have turned things around like he did shows his character. I respect that and very proud to have him on the team.

I was also wrong about this season being over when Wentz went down. I thought we'd do alright but maybe be one and done in the playoffs. Not because I think Foles isn't good but, in my words, "Wentz is special, Foles is just good. Special is what helps win SBs." I was wrong. Foles proved he is special two weeks and last night. Special in a different way than Wentz but special. So happy for him as well.

The best part is they are now Superbowl Champions. I have never been so happy to be so wrong...

You were wrong about Blount too. Sorry I had to. biggrin.gif

As a fan base we were almost absurdly confident going into this game - why is that? Well, because of what you say - Pederson built a juggernaut team that can lose key starters, including the REAL league MVP, and still drop embarrassing losses on other elite teams. Last night we were all nervous at times, but we were clearly the better team. Frankly, I think more rings are coming our way in the next few years.

--------------------
"If it came down to both teams were even, talent-wise, I think the opponent's team would win if it came down to coaching. Andy Reid got out-coached in a lot of games, man, a lot of big games."

+Quote Post
Rick
post Feb 5 2018, 07:23 PM
Post #3

Hall of Famer

QUOTE (The Franchise @ Feb 5 2018, 05:17 PM) *
You were wrong about Blount too. Sorry I had to. biggrin.gif

Sorry but no, I never said a bad thing about the man. I was with you on how good he is. I never questioned him. At least I got 1 thing right... wink.gif

Damn this feels good! Superbowl Champs!!! I still can't believe it!

+Quote Post
Joegrane
post Feb 5 2018, 07:31 PM
Post #4

Hall of Famer

my concern is that may be Nick & CW are not as special as we think. Maybe the coaches, Oline, skillguys are more responsible

QUOTE (Rick @ Feb 5 2018, 04:59 PM) *

+Quote Post
One
post Feb 5 2018, 08:09 PM
Post #5

Zero retired

QUOTE (Joegrane @ Feb 5 2018, 07:31 PM) *
my concern is that may be Nick & CW are not as special as we think. Maybe the coaches, Oline, skillguys are more responsible
STOP! Please, Joe. We just won the SB in what has been probably the most special season I've ever witnessed and you're being gloomy. The coaches are special because they coached the talent out of the players. There's no reason both the coach and the player can't contribute.

--------------------
No one likes us, we don't care.

+Quote Post
Phits
post Feb 5 2018, 09:13 PM
Post #6

Hall of Famer

Dude...you sound like such a downer. We won the Superbowl. Who gives a rats ass how special any individual player is?

--------------------
"Bless my eyes this morning, Jah sun is on the rise once again. The way earthly things are going, anything can happen." Robert Nesta Marley (1945 – 1981)

+Quote Post
nephillymike
post Feb 5 2018, 09:48 PM
Post #7

Super Bowl Champs Baybee !!

Shit, I Was wrong about much, but I got the most important thing right.

I chose to be a fan of the best fucking team in the NFL, the Super Bowl Champion Philadelphia Eagles!

+Quote Post
Rick
post Feb 6 2018, 06:44 AM
Post #8

Hall of Famer

Seriously!!?? I guess you probably still think the Vikings are the better team, too.

How about STFU with your negative attitude. I think we're all sick of your negative comments about anything anyone posts.

+Quote Post
D Rock
post Feb 6 2018, 10:46 AM
Post #9

Resident "Literal Police"

Joe has single handedly chased away half of this boards’ population...

STFU Joe.

--------------------
I'll Drink to That!!!!!

+Quote Post
Rick
post Feb 7 2018, 06:16 AM
Post #10

Hall of Famer

QUOTE (D Rock @ Feb 6 2018, 10:46 AM) *

STFU Joe.

Dilly! Dilly!

+Quote Post
Rick
post Feb 7 2018, 06:17 AM
Post #11

Hall of Famer

QUOTE (nephillymike @ Feb 5 2018, 09:48 PM) *
Shit, I Was wrong about much, but I got the most important thing right.

I chose to be a fan of the best fucking team in the NFL, the Super Bowl Champion Philadelphia Eagles!

I am no longer questioning turning my sons into Eagles' fans. wink.gif

+Quote Post
CT_Eagle
post Feb 7 2018, 07:20 AM
Post #12

Hall of Famer

I took a wait and see approach with Pederson when he was hired. Then I quickly began to have doubts. The team last year was very undisciplined and he was showing signs of being too pass happy. As I look back through my posts concerning Pederson I can see my opinion of him change from thinking he would not be successful to supporting him. I firmly became a believer in Pederson after the Carolina game this season.

So for me, sorry Doug for taking a little over a season to be convinced.

+Quote Post
Eyrie
post Feb 7 2018, 03:34 PM
Post #13

Illegal Alien

QUOTE (Rick @ Feb 7 2018, 11:17 AM) *
I am no longer questioning turning my sons into Eagles' fans. wink.gif

Safe to say that they're no longer questioning you about it laugh.gif

--------------------
Stuff the Axis application - we're the 2018 SuperBowl Champions!!!!

+Quote Post
Reality Fan
post Feb 7 2018, 04:18 PM
Post #14

Keeper Of The Truth

QUOTE (D Rock @ Feb 6 2018, 10:46 AM) *

STFU Joe.

Amen....

--------------------
The sooner you agree with me, the sooner you'll be right.

+Quote Post
Rick
post Feb 8 2018, 05:48 AM
Post #15

Hall of Famer

QUOTE (Eyrie @ Feb 7 2018, 03:34 PM) *
Safe to say that they're no longer questioning you about it laugh.gif

True...very true...

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

NFL Football Tickets    football flash games   
RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th October 2018 - 03:52 AM