IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Buy Eagles tickets or search for cheap sports tickets including all playoff games and super bowl tickets @ LetsGetTickets.com
Posts in this topic
- Christian_Cat   Mike Ditka: Guys Like Tim Tebow Are Good for Football and Good for Our Country   Aug 24 2015, 07:48 PM
- - nephillymike   If he was a Special Teams talent, then I'd be ...   Aug 24 2015, 07:52 PM
- - xsv   QUOTE (Christian_Cat @ Aug 24 2015, 08:48...   Aug 24 2015, 09:03 PM
- - D Rock   Who gives a fuck what Mike Phuquing Ditka thinks a...   Aug 24 2015, 09:34 PM
- - Christian_Cat   Can I ask you guys this? If Mike Ditka was bashi...   Aug 24 2015, 09:58 PM
|- - xsv   QUOTE (Christian_Cat @ Aug 24 2015, 10:58...   Aug 25 2015, 05:36 AM
|- - Birdman420   QUOTE (Christian_Cat @ Aug 24 2015, 10:58...   Aug 25 2015, 08:19 AM
|- - Eyrie   I wish Ditka was still coaching, because then Tebo...   Aug 25 2015, 01:47 PM
|- - Christian_Cat   QUOTE (Eyrie @ Aug 25 2015, 11:47 AM) I w...   Aug 25 2015, 05:46 PM
|- - xsv   QUOTE (Christian_Cat @ Aug 25 2015, 06:46...   Aug 25 2015, 07:28 PM
|- - Reality Fan   QUOTE (Christian_Cat @ Aug 25 2015, 06:46...   Aug 25 2015, 09:07 PM
||- - nephillymike   QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Aug 25 2015, 09:07 P...   Aug 25 2015, 09:10 PM
||- - Reality Fan   QUOTE (nephillymike @ Aug 25 2015, 10:10 ...   Aug 25 2015, 11:35 PM
|- - Eyrie   QUOTE (Christian_Cat @ Aug 25 2015, 11:46...   Aug 26 2015, 01:51 PM
|- - Pila   QUOTE (Christian_Cat @ Aug 25 2015, 11:46...   Aug 26 2015, 02:14 PM
- - nephillymike   FWIW, CC, by my unofficial poll of writers and tv ...   Aug 24 2015, 10:03 PM
|- - Reality Fan   QUOTE (nephillymike @ Aug 24 2015, 11:03 ...   Aug 24 2015, 10:34 PM
- - D Rock   He has clearly looked better to my eyes. Not that...   Aug 24 2015, 10:40 PM
- - mcnabbulous   As a Tebow detractor, I can say that I don't t...   Aug 25 2015, 09:13 PM
- - D Rock   I've not posted a single link about tebow. He...   Aug 25 2015, 11:57 PM
- - SAM I Am   I can't think of one reason why Chip should wa...   Aug 29 2015, 07:39 PM
> Mike Ditka: Guys Like Tim Tebow Are Good for Football and Good for Our Country
Christian_Cat
post Aug 24 2015, 07:48 PM
Post #1

Veteran

Group: Members

http://www.cnsnews.com/blog/michael-morris...ood-our-country

--------------------
Psalms 69:4-5 - They that hate me without a cause are more than the hairs of mine head: they that would destroy me, [being] mine enemies wrongfully, are mighty
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
nephillymike
post Aug 24 2015, 07:52 PM
Post #2

Token Axis Member

If he was a Special Teams talent, then I'd be OK with it.

Sad to say CC, he just isn't an NFL QB. We owe him two more preseason games to compete but he just doesn't have the vision and quick decision making ability necessary to be a serviceable NFL QB.

I'd love it to be otherwise, but it just isn't.

+Quote Post
xsv
post Aug 24 2015, 09:03 PM
Post #3

Hall of Famer

Group: Admin

QUOTE (Christian_Cat @ Aug 24 2015, 08:48 PM) *

Mike Ditka is a fucking idiot.

+Quote Post
D Rock
post Aug 24 2015, 09:34 PM
Post #4

Resident "Literal Police"

Who gives a fuck what Mike Phuquing Ditka thinks about anything?

--------------------
I'll Drink to That!!!!!

+Quote Post
Christian_Cat
post Aug 24 2015, 09:58 PM
Post #5

Veteran

Can I ask you guys this?

If Mike Ditka was bashing Tebow would you be giving the same comments about him?

--------------------
Psalms 69:4-5 - They that hate me without a cause are more than the hairs of mine head: they that would destroy me, [being] mine enemies wrongfully, are mighty

+Quote Post
nephillymike
post Aug 24 2015, 10:03 PM
Post #6

Token Axis Member

FWIW, CC, by my unofficial poll of writers and tv sports guys that I've heard opine about the battle for #3, most have Tebow sticking.

Not one say he is the better QB than Barkley, but most figure Chip has a plan to use Tebow in a special way.

Again, if Chip is truthful that repetitive accuracy and quick decisions are the most important tools a QB can have when playing for him, then it's Barkley. If he has other non traditional QB plans, then it's Tebow.

Did it bother you that Tebow got more of ovation when he came into the game in the 4th qtr than Bradford did when he came on the field or than Bradford did when he got up from those hits?

+Quote Post
Reality Fan
post Aug 24 2015, 10:34 PM
Post #7

Keeper Of The Truth

QUOTE (nephillymike @ Aug 24 2015, 11:03 PM) *
FWIW, CC, by my unofficial poll of writers and tv sports guys that I've heard opine about the battle for #3, most have Tebow sticking.

Not one say he is the better QB than Barkley, but most figure Chip has a plan to use Tebow in a special way.

Again, if Chip is truthful that repetitive accuracy and quick decisions are the most important tools a QB can have when playing for him, then it's Barkley. If he has other non traditional QB plans, then it's Tebow.

Did it bother you that Tebow got more of ovation when he came into the game in the 4th qtr than Bradford did when he came on the field or than Bradford did when he got up from those hits?

call me silly but while barkley was not completely awful in the first game he certainly was not great and in game 2 he was 6-14...hardly repetitive accuracy.and that is after being in the system for 3 camps..and he was playing with the 2nd team....tebow has been awful at times but he is playing with the guys waiting to get cut.....who are completely new to the system...in some cases literally...like with a week of camp.

I say shame on Barkley for not making this an open and shut case...

--------------------
The sooner you agree with me, the sooner you'll be right.

+Quote Post
D Rock
post Aug 24 2015, 10:40 PM
Post #8

He has clearly looked better to my eyes. Not that he's been good. But times been that bad.

Chip is supposed to be all system. Tim only makes plays on broken plays. He's nauseatingly like Supa5 in that regard. At least Supa5 could throw.

--------------------
I'll Drink to That!!!!!

+Quote Post
xsv
post Aug 25 2015, 05:36 AM
Post #9

Hall of Famer

QUOTE (Christian_Cat @ Aug 24 2015, 10:58 PM) *
Can I ask you guys this?

If Mike Ditka was bashing Tebow would you be giving the same comments about him?

Yes. He's a fucking idiot no matter what he thinks about some 3rd string practice player camp arm that can't throw the ball.

+Quote Post
Birdman420
post Aug 25 2015, 08:19 AM
Post #10

Veteran

QUOTE (Christian_Cat @ Aug 24 2015, 10:58 PM) *
Can I ask you guys this?

Yes because if there is one thing these guys are not it's two-faced. They would state Ditka as an idiot regardless of whatever comment he made

+Quote Post
Eyrie
post Aug 25 2015, 01:47 PM
Post #11

Illegal Alien

I wish Ditka was still coaching, because then Tebow would have some value as trade bait.

QUOTE (Christian_Cat @ Aug 25 2015, 03:58 AM) *
Can I ask you guys this?

And would you have linked to Ditka's comments if he had highlighted Tebow's flaws as a QB?

--------------------
Despite failing both the spelling test and the grammar test, my Axis application was rererereevaluated.

And I've been informed "Your Axis card is in the mail..................."

+Quote Post
Christian_Cat
post Aug 25 2015, 05:46 PM
Post #12

Veteran

QUOTE (Eyrie @ Aug 25 2015, 11:47 AM) *
I wish Ditka was still coaching, because then Tebow would have some value as trade bait.

And would you have linked to Ditka's comments if he had highlighted Tebow's flaws as a QB?

Would I have linked the negative articles on Tebow's QB skills; answer no. However the tebow detractors on this site would not post a positive article on Tebow either. So basically his detractors post negative articles on him here on the forum. While The tebow fans post the postive articles about Tebow on this forum.

The Tebow detractors condem people who speak positively of Tim and speak highly of those who talk negative of Tim.

--------------------

+Quote Post
xsv
post Aug 25 2015, 07:28 PM
Post #13

Hall of Famer

QUOTE (Christian_Cat @ Aug 25 2015, 06:46 PM) *
Would I have linked the negative articles on Tebow's QB skills; answer no. However the tebow detractors on this site would not post a positive article on Tebow either. So basically his detractors post negative articles on him here on the forum. While The tebow fans post the postive articles about Tebow on this foru
The Tebow detractors condem people who speak positively of Tim and speak highly of those who talk negative of Tim.

Bullshit. The TeBlow detractors speak negatively about idiots who think Teblow is or can ever be a good qb in the NFL.

+Quote Post
Reality Fan
post Aug 25 2015, 09:07 PM
Post #14

Keeper Of The Truth

QUOTE (Christian_Cat @ Aug 25 2015, 06:46 PM) *
Would I have linked the negative articles on Tebow's QB skills; answer no. However the tebow detractors on this site would not post a positive article on Tebow either. So basically his detractors post negative articles on him here on the forum. While The tebow fans post the postive articles about Tebow on this forum.

As someone who has supported Tebow's signing I have to disagree with you.

Most of the anti Tebow vibe has been generated by you taking the position that Tebow could be a great QB. That is simply not realistic. He was brought in to see if he could be a viable wildcat option improvement over the departed Brad Smith. If he can than he is more valuable than barkley. Unfortunately you made his performance a secondary issue behind his faith. Had you not brought faith into the discussion, where it has no place, then the discussion would likely have been a bit more civil. You stomped in blowing horns rather than knocking on the door and introducing yourself and getting to know your hosts.

it really is that simple.

--------------------

+Quote Post
nephillymike
post Aug 25 2015, 09:10 PM
Post #15

Token Axis Member

QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Aug 25 2015, 09:07 PM) *
As someone who has supported Tebow's signing I have to disagree with you.

Most of the anti Tebow vibe has been generated by you taking the position that Tebow could be a great QB. That is simply not realistic. He was brought in to see if he could be a viable wildcat option improvement over the departed Brad Smith. If he can than he is more valuable than barkley. Unfortunately you made his performance a secondary issue behind his faith. Had you not brought faith into the discussion, where it has no place, then the discussion would likely have been a bit more civil. You stomped in blowing horns rather than knocking on the door and introducing yourself and getting to know your hosts.

it really is that simple.

What did you take some sense pills today???

Stop it, you're worrying me!! devil03.gif

+Quote Post
mcnabbulous
post Aug 25 2015, 09:13 PM
Post #16

Hall of Famer

As a Tebow detractor, I can say that I don't think of him at all.

+Quote Post
Reality Fan
post Aug 25 2015, 11:35 PM
Post #17

Keeper Of The Truth

QUOTE (nephillymike @ Aug 25 2015, 10:10 PM) *
What did you take some sense pills today???

Stop it, you're worrying me!! devil03.gif

I know.....right?

--------------------

+Quote Post
D Rock
post Aug 25 2015, 11:57 PM
Post #18

I've not posted a single link about tebow. He's a 3rd string quarterback who happens to suck at quarterback.

I love to bash his dumb ass fans though. Fake fans who don't know squat about the Iggles or the game.

--------------------
I'll Drink to That!!!!!

+Quote Post
Eyrie
post Aug 26 2015, 01:51 PM
Post #19

Illegal Alien

QUOTE (Christian_Cat @ Aug 25 2015, 11:46 PM) *

The Tebow detractors are united only by their willingness to condemn his inability to play QB. Unsurprisingly they will link to the numerous articles that reinforce that viewpoint.

The people who speak positively of Tim are doing so because they regard him as a good person who shares their particular religious belief. Their inability to accept that being a good person does not make someone a good QB puts them at odds with football fans, regardless of whether those fans share that religious belief, hold a different belief or indeed have no belief.

Tebow is being judged on this forum by football fans and only on the basis of his inability to play QB. If he could play QB, then his religion would be irrelevant in the same way that Reggie White's religious beliefs were.

--------------------
Despite failing both the spelling test and the grammar test, my Axis application was rererereevaluated.

And I've been informed "Your Axis card is in the mail..................."

+Quote Post
Pila
post Aug 26 2015, 02:14 PM
Post #20

Eusébio

QUOTE (Christian_Cat @ Aug 25 2015, 11:46 PM) *

At some point the hope here is you will come to the realization that Tebow's cult is only a topic because you emphasize it by your interest and insistence in being here solely under those interests.

Insufferable levels of your presence reach their threshold when you play coy to the predicted blowback. You're duplicitous. And it's counter intuitive to Tebow's image. You do Christianity, The Eagles, its fans and Teblow himself no favors - all would be better off if you went elsewhere to pawn your duplicity.

--------------------
[img]http://dreadart67.files.wordpress.com/2008/03/benfica-2008-ii.jpg[/img]

+Quote Post
SAM I Am
post Aug 29 2015, 07:39 PM
Post #21

Fuck Jerry Jones and the Cowturds

I can't think of one reason why Chip should waste a valuable roster spot on Tebow.

--------------------
He just couldn't get his Ducks in a row.
Fade to black, for now.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

NFL Football Tickets    football flash games   
RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 11th December 2017 - 05:59 AM