IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Buy Eagles tickets or search for cheap sports tickets including all playoff games and super bowl tickets @ LetsGetTickets.com
Posts in this topic
> No posts about this yet?
samaroo
post Feb 8 2018, 11:59 PM
Post #1

Village Idiot

Group: Members

Flip is gone. New OC for the Vikes. Let the poaching begin!

Also, Reich is reportedly in talks with Indy.

Can't keep the band together forever, but damn, Minny barely waited for the parade to end before announcing.

--------------------
Fly. Eagles fly!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Joegrane
post Feb 9 2018, 12:56 AM
Post #2

Hall of Famer

Losing one of the two--Reich&flip--should not be so bad. We now have to hope Reich stays
QUOTE (samaroo @ Feb 8 2018, 11:59 PM) *

Can't keep the band together forever, but damn, Minny barely waited for the parade to end before announcing.

+Quote Post
samaroo
post Feb 9 2018, 01:00 AM
Post #3

Village Idiot

QUOTE (Joegrane @ Feb 9 2018, 02:56 PM) *
Losing one of the two--Reich&flip--should not be so bad. We now have to hope Reich stays

I don't know the inner-workings of the coaching staff, but for some reason I would have rather kept Flip and lost Frank. Dougie P calls the plays anyway, I guess is my reasoning. But, I'd rather not lose anybody, given the option. Re-sign the ball boy and the janitor!

--------------------
Fly. Eagles fly!

+Quote Post
D Rock
post Feb 9 2018, 01:22 AM
Post #4

Resident "Literal Police"

I’m sick about it.

The results of that triumvirate are in. Is it too much to ask for a 2nd run at the apple?

Not that I think losing one or both would necessarily derail us, but damn.

Someone pointed out in another post that Frank is from PA and has elderly parental units near by. Who knows what his wants are?

Fiscally speaking? You can’t fault anybody for heading towards “greener” pastures. It’ll be interesting to see who they replace him/them with, and if they can maintain the vibe that’s working.

And I got $20 that says Kraft never gives McDaniels the HC job in NE.

--------------------
I'll Drink to That!!!!!

+Quote Post
samaroo
post Feb 9 2018, 02:52 AM
Post #5

Village Idiot

QUOTE (D Rock @ Feb 9 2018, 03:22 PM) *
And I got $20 that says Kraft never gives McDaniels the HC job in NE.

I might take that one. Why else would he bail on Indy? That seems about as good a gig as a new head coach ever has. Most of the time the team is a tire fire, but Indy seems to have been coached down. Their roster seems better than their record.

--------------------
Fly. Eagles fly!

+Quote Post
Rick
post Feb 9 2018, 06:10 AM
Post #6

Hall of Famer

It's sad for sure--and more will leave if they continue being successful. It's the nature of the game.

I think the biggest thing here is Dougie P seems to have created a culture here in Philly. The Patriots have their culture. Seems all of the great teams have a culture they create and sustain. Will Dougie be able to sustain this awesome culture they've cultivated? That is the true question. If they can, this team will be good/great no matter who's coaching because the culture is one of next man up, just get the job done and everyone is family. Love it.

+Quote Post
D Rock
post Feb 9 2018, 09:59 AM
Post #7

Resident "Literal Police"

QUOTE (samaroo @ Feb 9 2018, 08:52 AM) *
I might take that one. Why else would he bail on Indy? That seems about as good a gig as a new head coach ever has. Most of the time the team is a tire fire, but Indy seems to have been coached down. Their roster seems better than their record.

I didn’t say Kraft never made him any promises.

And if you think that Indy roster is anything BUT a tire fire, you just might be crazy.

387 year old Trent Cole is their best defender, and the qb hasn’t played a snap in over 2 years. At least the have no offensive line.

--------------------
I'll Drink to That!!!!!

+Quote Post
One
post Feb 9 2018, 12:16 PM
Post #8

Zero retired

QUOTE (samaroo @ Feb 8 2018, 11:59 PM) *

I won't be surprised to see Foles go to the Vikes for their #1. They have arguably a SB caliber team with no QBs signed. Flip is knows what Foles can do and is part of the reason for his success. They have a running game and WRs. A rookie is a crap shoot, they have a late pick, Bradford is injury prone, Keenum has a limited ceiling and Bridgewater could either be Flip's project or a risk because of his injury. On top of it, isn't Howie friends with their GM?

If Reich leaves, look for Duce to be the OC. If Pederson is the guy who put this staff together, there's no reason to think he won't be able to replace coaches with other good coaches. If Howie and/or Douglas had their hands in it then all the better.

Truth is, if Howie can work the cap, I'd rather him stay, Peters return to LT at a high level, Hicks find a way to stay healthy and get Maragos back healthy.

--------------------
No one likes us, we don't care.

+Quote Post
Joegrane
post Feb 9 2018, 02:24 PM
Post #9

Hall of Famer

If I'm Howie I don't send Foles to the Vikings. I'd take less for him from Arizona.

QUOTE (One @ Feb 9 2018, 12:16 PM) *
I won't be surprised to see Foles go to the Vikes for their #1. They have arguably a SB caliber team with no QBs signed. Flip is knows what Foles can do and is part of the reason for his success. They have a running game and WRs. A rookie is a crap shoot, they have a late pick, Bradford is injury prone, Keenum has a limited ceiling and Bridgewater could either be Flip's project or a risk because of his injury. On top of it, isn't Howie friends with their GM?

If Reich leaves, look for Duce to be the OC. If Pederson is the guy who put this staff together, there's no reason to think he won't be able to replace coaches with other good coaches. If Howie and/or Douglas had their hands in it then all the better.

Truth is, if Howie can work the cap, I'd rather him stay, Peters return to LT at a high level, Hicks find a way to stay healthy and get Maragos back healthy.

+Quote Post
Eyrie
post Feb 9 2018, 03:15 PM
Post #10

Illegal Alien

QUOTE (Joegrane @ Feb 9 2018, 07:24 PM) *
If I'm Howie I don't send Foles to the Vikings. I'd take less for him from Arizona.

I'd be willing to send him to the Vikings for one reason - Pederson knows Foles' strengths and adjusted his playcalling accordingly. Armed with that inside information I'd back Schwartz to deal with Foles.

But I'd rather keep him for three reasons - it gives Wentz more time to get fully fit rather than being forced into action week one, he gives us a solid back up if Wentz gets hurt again and I just don't like the idea of trading our SuperBowl MVP.

--------------------
Stuff the Axis application - we're the 2018 SuperBowl Champions!!!!

+Quote Post
samaroo
post Feb 9 2018, 09:47 PM
Post #11

Village Idiot

QUOTE (Rick @ Feb 9 2018, 08:10 PM) *
I think the biggest thing here is Dougie P seems to have created a culture here in Philly. The Patriots have their culture.

It seems to me that Doug has developed a culture of team, family and winning. Very much unlike NE's win-at-all-costs, business-like mantra. I'll take ours any day.

QUOTE (D Rock @ Feb 9 2018, 11:59 PM) *
I didn’t say Kraft never made him any promises.

And if you think that Indy roster is anything BUT a tire fire, you just might be crazy.

387 year old Trent Cole is their best defender, and the qb hasn’t played a snap in over 2 years. At least the have no offensive line.

Indy's a mess, for sure. Maybe I'm overvaluing Luck. Irsay for sure is a knock against.

QUOTE (One @ Feb 10 2018, 02:16 AM) *
I won't be surprised to see Foles go to the Vikes for their #1.

If we get Minny's #1 again, man, that would be epic. The state of Minnesota might declare war.

QUOTE (Eyrie @ Feb 10 2018, 05:15 AM) *
But I'd rather keep him for three reasons - it gives Wentz more time to get fully fit rather than being forced into action week one, he gives us a solid back up if Wentz gets hurt again and I just don't like the idea of trading our SuperBowl MVP.

2017 me would be shocked to say this, but the thought of trading Foles makes me sad. I think they should alternate drives with him and Carson, like some stupid college offense. I don't want anyone to grow up and leave home...

--------------------
Fly. Eagles fly!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

NFL Football Tickets    football flash games   
RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 10th December 2018 - 02:14 AM