IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Buy Eagles tickets or search for cheap sports tickets including all playoff games and super bowl tickets @ LetsGetTickets.com
Posts in this topic
> Heard This on Barkann's Comcast Show
nephillymike
post Oct 28 2015, 09:25 PM
Post #1

Token Axis Member

Group: Members

If there was one thing you could change about the existing Eagles team this year, what would it be?

You can't bring back people or go out and get others or cut guys.

Just within the moves available for this team, what would you do?

R. Diddy had a good one, and I think that would be mine.

Make Ryan Mathews your starting RB. Now he was saying that to not only give him more action but to increase the possibility of us scoring in the first qtr. I would make him starter in the 1st quarter and the Rb with the majority of the carries.

To me, that is instant improvement.

Murray got 18 carries to Mathews 6. I'd go 15 to 9, Mathews.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Joegrane
post Oct 28 2015, 11:54 PM
Post #2

Hall of Famer

I wonder if R Matthews has been nursing the groin issue for a while. Chip is not stupid. I doubt that Murray is that much of a head case that he could not divide carries with another former Pro Bowl RB.

Also I like Murray as a receiver better than Matthews. Matthew's speed on the wheel route is nice but he drops too many passes.

Maybe Chip likes surprising defenses with Matthew's speed. They get used to Murray and a bit fatigued and then Matthew's speed can do some damage.

QUOTE (nephillymike @ Oct 28 2015, 10:25 PM) *
Make Ryan Mathews your starting RB. Now he was saying that to not only give him more action but to increase the possibility of us scoring in the first qtr. I would make him starter in the 1st quarter and the Rb with the majority of the carries.

+Quote Post
Phits
post Oct 29 2015, 07:25 AM
Post #3

Hall of Famer

QUOTE (Joegrane @ Oct 29 2015, 12:54 AM) *
I wonder if R Matthews has been nursing the groin issue for a while. Chip is not stupid. I doubt that Murray is that much of a head case that he could not divide carries with another former Pro Bowl RB.

Also I like Murray as a receiver better than Matthews. Matthew's speed on the wheel route is nice but he drops too many passes.

Maybe Chip likes surprising defenses with Matthew's speed. They get used to Murray and a bit fatigued and then Matthew's speed can do some damage.

There's always a fascination with backup players especially when they exceed expectations in a limited role. Last season Murray averaged 4.7 ypc, while his backup Joseph Randle averaged 6.7 ypc.

--------------------
"Bless my eyes this morning, Jah sun is on the rise once again. The way earthly things are going, anything can happen." Robert Nesta Marley (1945 1981)

+Quote Post
Zero
post Oct 29 2015, 08:05 PM
Post #4

Soldier #1654 of the Eagle Empire

QUOTE (Phits @ Oct 29 2015, 08:25 AM) *
Last season Murray averaged 4.7 ypc, while his backup Joseph Randle averaged 6.7 ypc.

And not Randle is slamming doors and being a petulant second stringer. biggrin.gif I love watching Dallas implode.

So far (knock on wood) the Eagles are sticking together. With the season they're having that says something about the coach that isn't being addressed.

+Quote Post
Eyrie
post Oct 30 2015, 07:51 AM
Post #5

Illegal Alien

QUOTE (Zero @ Oct 30 2015, 01:05 AM) *
And not Randle is slamming doors and being a petulant second stringer. biggrin.gif I love watching Dallas implode.

So far (knock on wood) the Eagles are sticking together. With the season they're having that says something about the coach that isn't being addressed.

Do you mean about his culture wink.gif

--------------------
Despite failing both the spelling test and the grammar test, my Axis application was rererereevaluated.

And I've been informed "Your Axis card is in the mail..................."

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

NFL Football Tickets    football flash games   
RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 11th December 2017 - 12:06 PM