IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Buy Eagles tickets or search for cheap sports tickets including all playoff games and super bowl tickets @ LetsGetTickets.com
Posts in this topic
> Pederson is growing on me, I like his comments post Giants game
Birdwatcher
post Dec 20 2017, 10:30 PM
Post #1

Hall of Famer

Group: Members

http://www.nbcsports.com/philadelphia/eagl...dogfight-giants

Reuben Frank has a good article about Doug and how he is using that game as a teaching tool. He has handled this team extremely well, getting all of them to buy into team first, not me first. Not a 1000 yard rusher or receiver on the team and not a real complaint about it by any player. Now that they are back home, with an extra day of rest between games, lets see if they get back to form. Despite the aggravating performances the last few weeks, they are 4-0 in games decided by less than 6 points, while they were 1-5 last year. That is a pretty clear sign that they know how to win under adversity, a good sign for a playoff bound team.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Joegrane
post Dec 20 2017, 11:20 PM
Post #2

Hall of Famer

Yes, at least for a talented, veteran team. I've not been his biggest fan but think he's done a nice job.

I wonder if his experience with good teams--Farve's Packers, Marino's Dolphins, Andy R. make him better suited to lead a good team. I wonder if he'd do well in a rebuild of Cleveland or the Jets.

I expect more of the same this week against Oakland.

QUOTE (Birdwatcher @ Dec 20 2017, 10:30 PM) *
http://www.nbcsports.com/philadelphia/eagl...dogfight-giants

Reuben Frank has a good article about Doug and how he is using that game as a teaching tool. He has handled this team extremely well, getting all of them to buy into team first, not me first. Not a 1000 yard rusher or receiver on the team and not a real complaint about it by any player. Now that they are back home, with an extra day of rest between games, lets see if they get back to form. Despite the aggravating performances the last few weeks, they are 4-0 in games decided by less than 6 points, while they were 1-5 last year. That is a pretty clear sign that they know how to win under adversity, a good sign for a playoff bound team.

+Quote Post
Birdwatcher
post Dec 21 2017, 01:20 AM
Post #3

Hall of Famer

QUOTE (Joegrane @ Dec 20 2017, 11:20 PM) *
Yes, at least for a talented, veteran team. I've not been his biggest fan but think he's done a nice job.

I wonder if his experience with good teams--Farve's Packers, Marino's Dolphins, Andy R. make him better suited to lead a good team. I wonder if he'd do well in a rebuild of Cleveland or the Jets.

I expect more of the same this week against Oakland.

You act as if you just put together a group with talent makes his job easier, and it is quite the opposite, remember the 'dream team?' A roster of 53 talented NFL caliber players have an equal amount of egos and personalities that need to be managed, no small feat for a seasoned coach, let alone a second year one. These guys truly respect him and follow his plan, spread the wealth all around and let everyone get his share. His offense goes in so many directions to different players that Ds can't just shut down one player and slow us down. Luckily Foles is pretty good at scanning the field to find whoever gets open and did a fine job against the Giants. He has gone a multi game hot streak before and if we play it right he's only got to do it for five games, and he will be the less war weary QB in the playoffs too. I got this weird feeling that DP might just pull this off.

+Quote Post
nephillymike
post Dec 21 2017, 06:09 AM
Post #4

Super Bowl Champs Baybee !!

While he was not my first choice (nor theirs), and I feared they went to the familiar, from Very early on I've been impressed with his demeanor and the fact that he was very comfortable in his own skin. This town makes many coaches uncomfortable real quick, and despite adversity, he's handled it well. I think the players respect that.

+Quote Post
Rick
post Dec 21 2017, 06:13 AM
Post #5

Hall of Famer

I don't hate him but I still have my concerns. He still falls back to those Andy-like tendencies like getting pass-happy or changing the things which have worked in the past in a big situation. But he's definitely improved immensely from last season. I only hope he can step up his game. I'm concerned about how he does against better coaching when they face the better teams in the playoffs. We will see....

+Quote Post
Reality Fan
post Dec 21 2017, 09:20 AM
Post #6

Keeper Of The Truth

QUOTE (Rick @ Dec 21 2017, 06:13 AM) *
I don't hate him but I still have my concerns. He still falls back to those Andy-like tendencies like getting pass-happy or changing the things which have worked in the past in a big situation. But he's definitely improved immensely from last season. I only hope he can step up his game. I'm concerned about how he does against better coaching when they face the better teams in the playoffs. We will see....

Ok...explain something to me. As I have previously analyzed and expounded on extensively here. When you look at the Eagles amount of runs, include number of plays, QB sneaks, scrambles, etc they still run the ball more than anyone in the league other than the Jags and the Panthers. That being said...if you think that Pederson still gets pass happy as a "tendency" does that mean he also gets run happy at times to balance out to the fact that they only average less than 4 more passes than runs per game?

Just curious about your observation because the Eagles rank 25th in passing play % which is well below teams like the Steelers, Seattle, New England....Hell, even New Orleans. It amazes me when someone says "I hope he can step up his game" about the coach of a team that is 12-2 and has lost as many players as they have, impact players. Really makes you wonder.

--------------------
The sooner you agree with me, the sooner you'll be right.

+Quote Post
The Franchise
post Dec 21 2017, 01:41 PM
Post #7

Hall of Famer

QUOTE (nephillymike @ Dec 21 2017, 06:09 AM) *
While he was not my first choice (nor theirs), and I feared they went to the familiar

I have a little 'conspiracy theory' that he was hired long before Chip was ever fired, and they never even considered anyone else seriously, but didn't think his immediate hire would be welcome in Philly so they played out a dog-and-pony show (and they were wise to do so).

I wasn't a fan of the hire at all, as I saw him as essentially a familiar puppet Howie could control. Last season he was ok, but I saw a lot of things I didn't like. This year he's adjusted, learned, and we've turned it completely around in a lot of aspects of the game. Needless to say I'm a big fan at this point, of not only him but Howie. DP should be the obvious coach of the year, with Marrone coming in a distant second.

--------------------
"If it came down to both teams were even, talent-wise, I think the opponent's team would win if it came down to coaching. Andy Reid got out-coached in a lot of games, man, a lot of big games."

+Quote Post
Pila
post Dec 21 2017, 02:52 PM
Post #8

Eusébio

I agree. I think the guy has been coaching his ass off. He should be Coach of the year.

--------------------
[img]http://dreadart67.files.wordpress.com/2008/03/benfica-2008-ii.jpg[/img]

+Quote Post
Joegrane
post Dec 21 2017, 04:09 PM
Post #9

Hall of Famer

Why do you think Pedey and his staff deserve the award more than McVay of the Rams?

I think Pedey had more to work with at the beginning of the year than McVay. The transformation of the offense, including QB, in LA has been amazing.

QUOTE (Pila @ Dec 21 2017, 02:52 PM) *
I agree. I think the guy has been coaching his ass off. He should be Coach of the year.

+Quote Post
Phits
post Dec 21 2017, 04:14 PM
Post #10

Hall of Famer

How about because we are 12-2 and have had more significant (season-ending) injuries than the Rams?
Just to name a few: Sproles, Peters, Hicks, Wentz

QUOTE (Joegrane @ Dec 21 2017, 04:09 PM) *
Why do you think Pedey and his staff deserve the award more than McVay of the Rams?

I think Pedey had more to work with at the beginning of the year than McVay. The transformation of the offense, including QB, in LA has been amazing.

--------------------
"Bless my eyes this morning, Jah sun is on the rise once again. The way earthly things are going, anything can happen." Robert Nesta Marley (1945 – 1981)

+Quote Post
The Franchise
post Dec 21 2017, 04:32 PM
Post #11

Hall of Famer

QUOTE (Joegrane @ Dec 21 2017, 04:09 PM) *

Uh, because we came back and beat them in their house with our backup QB, and will have at least 2 more wins than them at the end?

--------------------
"If it came down to both teams were even, talent-wise, I think the opponent's team would win if it came down to coaching. Andy Reid got out-coached in a lot of games, man, a lot of big games."

+Quote Post
Rick
post Dec 22 2017, 06:52 AM
Post #12

Hall of Famer

QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Dec 21 2017, 10:20 AM) *
Ok...explain something to me. As I have previously analyzed and expounded on extensively here. When you look at the Eagles amount of runs, include number of plays, QB sneaks, scrambles, etc they still run the ball more than anyone in the league other than the Jags and the Panthers. That being said...if you think that Pederson still gets pass happy as a "tendency" does that mean he also gets run happy at times to balance out to the fact that they only average less than 4 more passes than runs per game?

Just curious about your observation because the Eagles rank 25th in passing play % which is well below teams like the Steelers, Seattle, New England....Hell, even New Orleans. It amazes me when someone says "I hope he can step up his game" about the coach of a team that is 12-2 and has lost as many players as they have, impact players. Really makes you wonder.

So, when your team is effectively running the ball--and they have a big lead--do you think they should run more or pass more? How about the times where they had the ball late in the game with the lead and, instead of running the ball to keep the clock running, they pass it and the clock stopped on the incompletion?

I guess these things haven't been happening?

Just because they rank somewhere in the NFL doesn't mean the situations they've been in didn't call for more runs or passes.

+Quote Post
Reality Fan
post Dec 22 2017, 08:33 AM
Post #13

Keeper Of The Truth

QUOTE (Rick @ Dec 22 2017, 06:52 AM) *
So, when your team is effectively running the ball--and they have a big lead--do you think they should run more or pass more? How about the times where they had the ball late in the game with the lead and, instead of running the ball to keep the clock running, they pass it and the clock stopped on the incompletion?

I guess these things haven't been happening?

Just because they rank somewhere in the NFL doesn't mean the situations they've been in didn't call for more runs or passes.

I get it...you have a preconceived notion and refuse to accept the facts....it is ok...the numbers and the games do not bear you out but keep it going.

They run one of the most balanced offenses in the league. It is simple fact

--------------------
The sooner you agree with me, the sooner you'll be right.

+Quote Post
Rick
post Dec 22 2017, 03:39 PM
Post #14

Hall of Famer

QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Dec 22 2017, 09:33 AM) *
I get it...you have a preconceived notion and refuse to accept the facts....it is ok...the numbers and the games do not bear you out but keep it going.

They run one of the most balanced offenses in the league. It is simple fact

Sure, you can cherry-pick the stats to say they run a balanced offense. I'm not talking about a balanced offense. I never said it wasn't balanced. You might want to go back and re-read what I wrote.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

NFL Football Tickets    football flash games   
RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th August 2018 - 10:09 AM