IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Buy Eagles tickets or search for cheap sports tickets including all playoff games and super bowl tickets @ LetsGetTickets.com
Posts in this topic
> What position will the Eagles draft first?
Draft in two weeks
Gun-to-head, what spot do the Eagles draft first
Defensive Line [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Linebacker [ 1 ] ** [14.29%]
Cornerback [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Safety [ 1 ] ** [14.29%]
Offensive Line [ 3 ] ** [42.86%]
Tight End [ 1 ] ** [14.29%]
Wide Receiver [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Running Back [ 1 ] ** [14.29%]
Total Votes: 7
Guests cannot vote 
One
post Apr 13 2018, 05:53 AM
Post #1

Zero retired

Group: Members

Stay put, move down or move up ... doesn't matter. With their first pick, what position do they end up drafting? If the Vandersomething LB makes it down to them it changes. They're pretty set at DL, CB, OL, WR and RB. LB is good unless Hicks continues his M.A.S.H. trend leaving TE and S as "needs." Not sure what to expect from Rogers and/or Brown and Jenkins, though still playing like a stud is getting older and McCleod is getting expensive for what he does.

Safety for me.

--------------------
No one likes us, we don't care.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
nephillymike
post Apr 13 2018, 09:19 PM
Post #2

Super Bowl Champs Baybee !!

Although OT may not fit the talent on the board at # 32, I think OL is the one position where the backup sucks. One of Warmack and Seumalo need to go, if not both.

There may be a higher rated OG than OT there. I'd take a guard if the value was there, or. OT if there was value.

I think my next choice would be TE, followed by S, then WR.

We can really go BPA at loosely defined PON.

Good spot to be in.

+Quote Post
Joegrane
post Apr 13 2018, 09:41 PM
Post #3

Hall of Famer

Unless there is an OT they like, I expect them to trade down. The other obvious positions of need can be addressed well on the second day or later.

I would not be surprised if they draft a safety in round 2 or 3. McCloud's cap hit becomes funny $ after this year.

QUOTE (One @ Apr 13 2018, 05:53 AM) *
Stay put, move down or move up ... doesn't matter. With their first pick, what position do they end up drafting? If the Vandersomething LB makes it down to them it changes. They're pretty set at DL, CB, OL, WR and RB. LB is good unless Hicks continues his M.A.S.H. trend leaving TE and S as "needs." Not sure what to expect from Rogers and/or Brown and Jenkins, though still playing like a stud is getting older and McCleod is getting expensive for what he does.

Safety for me.

+Quote Post
samaroo
post Apr 14 2018, 08:30 PM
Post #4

Village Idiot

I put RB, just because I think their highest rated player has a good shot at being a RB. If they draft a good football player, or someone who can be one, I'll be happy.

--------------------
Fly. Eagles fly!

+Quote Post
eagle60
post Apr 14 2018, 11:24 PM
Post #5

Veteran

QUOTE (nephillymike @ Apr 13 2018, 10:19 PM) *
Although OT may not fit the talent on the board at # 32, I think OL is the one position where the backup sucks. One of Warmack and Seumalo need to go, if not both.

There may be a higher rated OG than OT there. I'd take a guard if the value was there, or. OT if there was value.

I think my next choice would be TE, followed by S, then WR.

We can really go BPA at loosely defined PON.

Good spot to be in.

If you put a gun to my head I'd agree with O line. Specifically I think our weakest spot on the whole team is a backup and future center. That being said I still think that we should take the BPA regardless of position except QB of course. I never like moving down just to collect more picks unless you are in a spot where there are a group of players that you have rated the same. "Value" picks get you mediocre players. I want difference players. Let's face it, you only get better by acquiring superior talent. After all it's the quality of your draft, not the quantity.

+Quote Post
The Franchise
post Apr 15 2018, 10:30 AM
Post #6

Hall of Famer

We haven't gone 0-line in the 1st since Lane Johnson, and I'm fine with that. No OL or RB in the first round ever.

I'd like to lean LB, but we're geared to go BPA, with no real glaring holes in our roster. *But but but, who will our 3rd string blocking TE be?!?!*

--------------------
"If it came down to both teams were even, talent-wise, I think the opponent's team would win if it came down to coaching. Andy Reid got out-coached in a lot of games, man, a lot of big games."

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

NFL Football Tickets    football flash games   
RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd September 2018 - 09:14 AM