IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Buy Eagles tickets or search for cheap sports tickets including all playoff games and super bowl tickets @ LetsGetTickets.com
Posts in this topic
> Just Saw this on NFL Network!!, Browns and Texans Interested in Trading for Kaep
nephillymike
post Feb 28 2016, 09:17 AM
Post #1

Token Axis Member

Group: Members

That would seem to make the "content with what they have/drafting a rookie" theory a little tenuous no?

Heard a guy say that if teams are interested in Bradford, they would be wise to hide it well until after the tagging period ends Tuesday so that the Eagles wouldn't tag him and make him available for them to swoop in with a lower starting point.

Interested in Kaep, interested in Bradford??

It's been a rough week in my wings and beer pursuit. This may just be the good news my campaign has needed!!

Acknowledging that if the Eagles do want him, my campaign runs contra to our best interests as it drives the price up.

EDIT

FWIW, 97.5 is reporting that last night Skins offered Cousins $15M per year. Could not find confirmation of this anywhere so take it at face value.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Zero
post Feb 28 2016, 11:02 AM
Post #2

Soldier #1654 of the Eagle Empire

QUOTE (nephillymike @ Feb 28 2016, 09:17 AM) *
That would seem to make the "content with what they have/drafting a rookie" theory a little tenuous no?

Heard a guy say that if teams are interested in Bradford, they would be wise to hide it well until after the tagging period ends Tuesday so that the Eagles wouldn't tag him and make him available for them to swoop in with a lower starting point.

It's been a rough week in my wings and beer pursuit. This may just be the good news my campaign has needed!!

Acknowledging that if the Eagles do want him, my campaign runs contra to our best interests as it drives the price up.

EDIT

FWIW, 97.5 is reporting that last night Skins offered Cousins $15M per year. Could not find confirmation of this anywhere so take it at face value.

That would sound like the Skins would Transition him. I'm surprised the Browns would be interested in Kaepernick instead of Wentz. That's a big ticket for a risk. And maybe O'Brien isn't as high on Hack as people think?

Get you gas masks ready, the smoke is getting thick.

+Quote Post
nephillymike
post Feb 28 2016, 11:10 AM
Post #3

Token Axis Member

QUOTE (Zero @ Feb 28 2016, 11:02 AM) *
That would sound like the Skins would Transition him. I'm surprised the Browns would be interested in Kaepernick instead of Wentz. That's a big ticket for a risk. And maybe O'Brien isn't as high on Hack as people think?

Get you gas masks ready, the smoke is getting thick.

Hack had a less than stellar combine.

'Nabby's boy is dropping from the 1st round faster than Luca Brasi in his swim with the fishes.

+Quote Post
Zero
post Feb 28 2016, 11:44 AM
Post #4

QUOTE (nephillymike @ Feb 28 2016, 11:10 AM) *

'Nabby's boy is dropping from the 1st round faster than Luca Brasi in his swim with the fishes.

But may be a good project at 3 or 4 if he falls that far. Basically strip him down and start from scratch? Would you?

+Quote Post
nephillymike
post Feb 28 2016, 11:54 AM
Post #5

Token Axis Member

QUOTE (Zero @ Feb 28 2016, 11:44 AM) *
But may be a good project at 3 or 4 if he falls that far. Basically strip him down and start from scratch? Would you?

I'm not sure really. Need to get into the draft more as we go and read more "experts" and back ground.

If we sign Bradford and trade down to get a 2nd, then I would go QB with our 3rd or 4th draft pick. Just a mttr of if there is value there. With our 1st or 2nd pick, if Bradford signs, we have other fish to fry.

If he doesn't sign, I use one of our first 2 picks on a QB.

+Quote Post
mcnabbulous
post Feb 28 2016, 12:22 PM
Post #6

Hall of Famer

Texans have no interest in Kaep, per John McClain (one of the best Houston reporters).

You guys can continue to ignore me, but O'Brien has a very specific type of guy he is looking for. He's going to draft a guy like that this year and I'd be surprised if it isn't Hack.

+Quote Post
mcnabbulous
post Feb 28 2016, 12:30 PM
Post #7

Hall of Famer

QUOTE (nephillymike @ Feb 28 2016, 10:10 AM) *

That's bs. He missed two post routes, but otherwise his showing was excellent from everything I've read. I believe he even timed better than Wentz, Lynch, Goff and Cardale Jones in the 40.

I can cherry pick throws from his combine performance too:
https://twitter.com/nfl/status/703617977707577344

Admittedly his small hands came as a surprise to me. That may be one of the issues that impacts his accuracy. I've seen him take some absolute monster blindside hits without fumbling. And don't really recall fumbles being an issue for him (unlike Goff).

Either way, there aren't many guys that come out with his overall package. I'm still very high on his potential.

+Quote Post
Reality Fan
post Feb 28 2016, 01:01 PM
Post #8

Keeper Of The Truth

QUOTE (nephillymike @ Feb 28 2016, 09:17 AM) *

EDIT

Was that story broken by Condon? blah.gif

I see him getting cut unless Kelly loves him.....the Niners, if they want to unload him, need to drum up a market for him....he did not fail because of injury...he just started to stink. It may have been the coaching but he has a lot to prove and there is no one who is going to part with more than a loaf of bread for him......sorry but the story is very suspect.....I think teams have interest but only after he gets cut so he is much cheaper. You don't pay 12 million for a bum with a screwy noodle....and give up draft picks for the privilege to do so.

--------------------
The sooner you agree with me, the sooner you'll be right.

+Quote Post
Reality Fan
post Feb 28 2016, 01:03 PM
Post #9

Keeper Of The Truth

QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Feb 28 2016, 12:30 PM) *
That's bs. He missed two post routes, but otherwise his showing was excellent from everything I've read. I believe he even timed better than Wentz, Lynch, Goff and Cardale Jones in the 40.

Admittedly his small hands came as a surprise to me. That may be one of the issues that impacts his accuracy. I've seen him take some absolute monster blindside hits without fumbling. And don't really recall fumbles being an issue for him (unlike Goff).

Either way, there aren't many guys that come out with his overall package. I'm still very high on his potential.

ummmm....is it a conspiracy against Hack? I think not...

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/d...mbine/81033146/

or this

http://www.mcall.com/sports/football/eagle...0227-story.html

and the 2nd article is from our local and very loyal PSU biased paper

--------------------
The sooner you agree with me, the sooner you'll be right.

+Quote Post
Zero
post Feb 28 2016, 02:26 PM
Post #10

Am I wrong or is Goff -----> Bradford without the injuries.

+Quote Post
mcnabbulous
post Feb 28 2016, 02:46 PM
Post #11

Hall of Famer

QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Feb 28 2016, 12:03 PM) *
ummmm....is it a conspiracy against Hack? I think not...

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/d...mbine/81033146/

or this

http://www.mcall.com/sports/football/eagle...0227-story.html

and the 2nd article is from our local and very loyal PSU biased paper

So it basically aligned with what I said?

I've said all along that his biggest worry are accuracy issues. I believe they are largely mechanics related and weren't as prevalent when working with O'Brien. He's not going to be a 65% kinda guy, but he has good deep accuracy (as mentioned in the one article) and everything else is solid.

His short to mid range accuracy needs to improve for him to be an elite guy, but with proper coaching that isn't completely unreasonable.

+Quote Post
Eagle2720
post Feb 29 2016, 12:06 PM
Post #12

Veteran

QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Feb 28 2016, 12:30 PM) *

He ran .01 slower than Wentz but nonetheless still beat out the other guys you mentioned

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

NFL Football Tickets    football flash games   
RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 11th December 2017 - 12:14 PM