IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Buy Eagles tickets or search for cheap sports tickets including all playoff games and super bowl tickets @ LetsGetTickets.com
Posts in this topic
> Predictions?, Arizona Comes to Town
nephillymike
post Dec 19 2015, 11:07 AM
Post #1

Token Axis Member

Group: Members

Just seeing what people expect for tomorrow night.

I think it is a real bad match up for us.

They have a great secondary, we have poor receivers.

They have great receivers, we have average at best DB's.

They blitz the most in the NFL, we have a QB who is very reluctant to go down field and WR's who may not catch it if he does.

They have had ten days to prepare.

They have a top notch head coach and are rated #1 offense and very high on D. Us, not so much on both counts.

Their coach had his interview canceled by Lurie which may not give us any sympathy in the running up the score dept.

Their coach will be looking to justify statements he made about our non audible offense being a college offense. He will do so, by blitzing our balls off to expose the limitations of non audible offenses.

On a separate note, does anyone else have a mild hate for ARI like me? Besides DAL, NYG, WAS and NE, they would be next on my hate list. I remember names like Roy Green, Martay Fucking Jenkins, that loss in the NFCCG, the loss last year. Even Arians, he annoys me. I just don't like them.

I'm thinking a blowout turned into solid defeat by a late garbage TD

ARI 37
PHI 20

Our only shot in this game is a minimum of two ST/DEF TD's, plus at least one other non TD turnover. (Kind of like NE, although they were hobbled, ARI is healthy). Without that, I don't think we have a shot.

Anyone?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Zero
post Dec 19 2015, 11:11 AM
Post #2

Soldier #1654 of the Eagle Empire

I always used to hate AZ until they left the division. Arians annoys me too. They are clearly the better team, but the Eagles will find a way to win.

So sayeth the Zero. laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Reality Fan
post Dec 19 2015, 11:52 AM
Post #3

Keeper Of The Truth

QUOTE (nephillymike @ Dec 19 2015, 11:07 AM) *
Just seeing what people expect for tomorrow night.

I think it is a real bad match up for us.

They have a great secondary, we have poor receivers.

They have great receivers, we have average at best DB's.

They blitz the most in the NFL, we have a QB who is very reluctant to go down field and WR's who may not catch it if he does.

They have had ten days to prepare.

They have a top notch head coach and are rated #1 offense and very high on D. Us, not so much on both counts.

Their coach had his interview canceled by Lurie which may not give us any sympathy in the running up the score dept.

Their coach will be looking to justify statements he made about our non audible offense being a college offense. He will do so, by blitzing our balls off to expose the limitations of non audible offenses.

On a separate note, does anyone else have a mild hate for ARI like me? Besides DAL, NYG, WAS and NE, they would be next on my hate list. I remember names like Roy Green, Martay Fucking Jenkins, that loss in the NFCCG, the loss last year. Even Arians, he annoys me. I just don't like them.

I'm thinking a blowout turned into solid defeat by a late garbage TD

ARI 37
PHI 20

Our only shot in this game is a minimum of two ST/DEF TD's, plus at least one other non TD turnover. (Kind of like NE, although they were hobbled, ARI is healthy). Without that, I don't think we have a shot.

Anyone?

Even when I want to agree with you I read your post and you go and fuck it up.....

Didn't we play them last year with virtually the same Arizona squad?

I agree this is likely a loss for the Eagles....the Cards are good....

But for someone who loves to find podcasts about how bad Bradford is did you miss or ignore Fran Duffy's piece on Bradford vs. the blitz against the Bills? (Eagles Insider website) and at least allow that it is the WRs speed as well as their inability to catch that hurt Bradford vs. the blitz...or did you miss Jaworski mention that in the podcast you linked?

The Arians interview? Again....you do realize we played them last year?

We have a better defense this year so I think it will be close again (without a ST/Def return)

Hopefully they get out of the game with no injuries

--------------------
The sooner you agree with me, the sooner you'll be right.

+Quote Post
nephillymike
post Dec 19 2015, 11:57 AM
Post #4

Token Axis Member

QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Dec 19 2015, 11:52 AM) *
Even when I want to agree with you I read your post and you go and fuck it up.....

Didn't we play them last year with virtually the same Arizona squad?

I agree this is likely a loss for the Eagles....the Cards are good....

But for someone who loves to find podcasts about how bad Bradford is did you miss or ignore Fran Duffy's piece on Bradford vs. the blitz against the Bills? (Eagles Insider website) and at least allow that it is the WRs speed as well as their inability to catch that hurt Bradford vs. the blitz...or did you miss Jaworski mention that in the podcast you linked?

The Arians interview? Again....you do realize we played them last year?

We have a better defense this year so I think it will be close again (without a ST/Def return)

Hopefully they get out of the game with no injuries

My bad.

All is great.

OK genius, if we are so great, and our QB is so good vs the blitz, how do we lose and have your only concern our injuries?

What is your final score prediction?

+Quote Post
Reality Fan
post Dec 19 2015, 01:03 PM
Post #5

Keeper Of The Truth

QUOTE (nephillymike @ Dec 19 2015, 11:57 AM) *
My bad.

All is great.

OK genius, if we are so great, and our QB is so good vs the blitz, how do we lose and have your only concern our injuries?

What is your final score prediction?

All is not great.....our WRs still underachieve...

And Bradford was poor vs. the blitz early in the season...

and I said we probably lose a close one...

My guess is 27-24....

But you do remember that we played them last year, right?( a game they won on a last minute long TD pass in a game we had won in their building)

--------------------

+Quote Post
nephillymike
post Dec 19 2015, 01:32 PM
Post #6

Token Axis Member

QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Dec 19 2015, 01:03 PM) *
All is not great.....our WRs still underachieve...

And Bradford was poor vs. the blitz early in the season...

and I said we probably lose a close one...

My guess is 27-24....

But you do remember that we played them last year, right?( a game they won on a last minute long TD pass in a game we had won in their building)

and we beat them the previous year.

They weren't as good and were were better. They had a good record, but much was smoke an mirrors last year, and then the bottom fell out with the QB injuries.

On another issue.

Last year, and the year before if you remember, Chip wan never effusive in his praise of Foles.

I loved Foles year one, but after watching his painstaking poor mechanics, I lost patience with him (surprise there eh?).

But after he was traded, the word was out that Chip hated the number of long plays he left on the field.

You have to wonder listening to what the film watchers were seeing with the open WR's down field this year, is he really happy with Bradford? Just as our poor play by our interior OL is on display every week in the game film, so is this flaw with our QB's. Is his love of speed priority with him? Does that love make them ignore the HR capability? They also have said Kelce looks really bad, to the point that they can't pay him his salary for the way he is playing. It's that bad.

We haven't seen the Chip's offense bump in QB play. Sure he's went from career 79 to year of 82, but not the 10+ point jump you would think.

I don't know. Not closing the book. But that is going to be one tough $18M+ book to open!

+Quote Post
Reality Fan
post Dec 19 2015, 03:13 PM
Post #7

Keeper Of The Truth

QUOTE (nephillymike @ Dec 19 2015, 01:32 PM) *
and we beat them the previous year.

They weren't as good and were were better. They had a good record, but much was smoke an mirrors last year, and then the bottom fell out with the QB injuries.

On another issue.

Last year, and the year before if you remember, Chip wan never effusive in his praise of Foles.

I loved Foles year one, but after watching his painstaking poor mechanics, I lost patience with him (surprise there eh?).

But after he was traded, the word was out that Chip hated the number of long plays he left on the field.

You have to wonder listening to what the film watchers were seeing with the open WR's down field this year, is he really happy with Bradford? Just as our poor play by our interior OL is on display every week in the game film, so is this flaw with our QB's. Is his love of speed priority with him? Does that love make them ignore the HR capability? They also have said Kelce looks really bad, to the point that they can't pay him his salary for the way he is playing. It's that bad.

We haven't seen the Chip's offense bump in QB play. Sure he's went from career 79 to year of 82, but not the 10+ point jump you would think.

I don't know. Not closing the book. But that is going to be one tough $18M+ book to open!

Ok....you have me confused?

The Cards were 5-1 last year when we played them....they were not that good? They had virtually the same roster. How is that smoke and mirrors? What happened after Palmer went down is irrelevant because any team that has a QB who can go down the field like Palmer does is going to have a considerable drop of going to number 2. As far as Foles goes, His ints and poor decisions and a sub 60% completion rate were his downfall....he fell off the table after 2013....(and that was with Maclin as a threat)

Maybe I miscounted but Bradford went down the field 7 times last week.....I will have to rewatch the game again....

Now as far as Bradford's rating...he was at 99 or better for 3 of his last 4 starts..and do you deny there were 4 easy catches dropped in that game?(not including Celek's play)...and there are 3 games left to bump it up farther..or lower it....

I don't think he is gangbusters right now but he is improving every week and leaps and bounds better than the first 4 weeks..is he worth 18 million? That depends on what options are out there. QB is the toughest position to fill.

--------------------

+Quote Post
JeeQ
post Dec 19 2015, 07:51 PM
Post #8

Hall of Famer

Don't feel good about this one at all... but luckily we don't have to beat AZ to make the playoffs

+Quote Post
Joegrane
post Dec 19 2015, 11:30 PM
Post #9

Hall of Famer

I agree with you. It is almost a meaningless game. A W doesn't do much for the Eagles playoff chances. They need Ws over the Giants especially the Skins.

Chip and Billy won't want to show anything new to the Skins by using new wrinkles. Eagles are less talented. I don't think Chip wants to be blown out so maybe he keeps it close for the first half.

It will be interesting to see if he rests some dinged up players.

QUOTE (JeeQ @ Dec 19 2015, 07:51 PM) *
Don't feel good about this one at all... but luckily we don't have to beat AZ to make the playoffs

+Quote Post
rumply
post Dec 19 2015, 11:40 PM
Post #10

Veteran

Just looking for another improved performance after the turnaround of the the last 2 games. Dont expect to win but at the same time do not expect a blowout & will be pissed if there is one.

If the team can keep it's confidence up with a solid showing tomorrow, that should bode well for securing wins in the last 2 games & a playoffs berth.

+Quote Post
Eyrie
post Dec 20 2015, 06:06 AM
Post #11

Illegal Alien

Too difficult to predict what we will do, let alone the match up with the Cardinals.

We have the same team that was humiliated by both the Bucs and the Lions, yet won at the Patriots.

--------------------
Despite failing both the spelling test and the grammar test, my Axis application was rererereevaluated.

And I've been informed "Your Axis card is in the mail..................."

+Quote Post
nephillymike
post Dec 20 2015, 06:59 AM
Post #12

Token Axis Member

On the plus side, our PR team is the best, their Punt coverage team s among the worst.

That could be one ST TD.

+Quote Post
Zero
post Dec 20 2015, 08:23 AM
Post #13

Soldier #1654 of the Eagle Empire

With the number of punts we could have, that could be the game changer. wink.gif

+Quote Post
Phits
post Dec 20 2015, 11:09 AM
Post #14

Hall of Famer

We aren't good enough to take our foot off the gas pedal. Chip needs to go all in all the time over the next 3 games, if the intention is to make the post season.

QUOTE (Joegrane @ Dec 19 2015, 11:30 PM) *
I agree with you. It is almost a meaningless game. A W doesn't do much for the Eagles playoff chances. They need Ws over the Giants especially the Skins.

Chip and Billy won't want to show anything new to the Skins by using new wrinkles. Eagles are less talented. I don't think Chip wants to be blown out so maybe he keeps it close for the first half.

It will be interesting to see if he rests some dinged up players.

--------------------
"Bless my eyes this morning, Jah sun is on the rise once again. The way earthly things are going, anything can happen." Robert Nesta Marley (1945 1981)

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

NFL Football Tickets    football flash games   
RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 11th December 2017 - 12:06 PM