IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Buy Eagles tickets or search for cheap sports tickets including all playoff games and super bowl tickets @ LetsGetTickets.com
Posts in this topic
> Manipulate the comp pick formula?, This is Howie do it! Get extra picks for us? This is Howie do it&#
nephillymike
post May 9 2018, 11:04 PM
Post #1

Super Bowl Champs Baybee !!

Group: Members

https://www.bleedinggreennation.com/2018/5/...fl-philadelphia

Gotta love it.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Eyrie
post May 10 2018, 01:36 PM
Post #2

Illegal Alien

The projected fourth and two sixths as compensatory picks in addition to our own seven picks and Baltimore's second sets us up nicely for next year's draft.

It's all part of a plan Roseman alluded to earlier in the offseason of garnering picks to help ease the coming cap issues when Wentz gets paid.

--------------------
Stuff the Axis application - we're the 2018 SuperBowl Champions!!!!

+Quote Post
eagle60
post May 10 2018, 06:12 PM
Post #3

Veteran

Gowton can project all that he wants to but nobody understands how the league comes up with those picks. I don't think that Howie even knows for certain but I'm sure that he's trying to get us in good position. It's some mystery formula that only the league knows because there are only 32 of them to go around.

I edited this at 8:35.

+Quote Post
nephillymike
post May 10 2018, 08:08 PM
Post #4

QUOTE (eagle60 @ May 10 2018, 06:12 PM) *
Gowton can project all that he wants to but nobody understands how the league comes up with those picks. I don't think that Howie even knows for certain but I'm sure that he's trying to get us in good position. It's some mystery formula that only the league knows because there are only 32 of them to go around.

I edited this at 8:35.

The sites predicting them are very accurate. I think over the cap has a good projecting them.

Check it out

+Quote Post
eagle60
post May 10 2018, 09:14 PM
Post #5

Veteran

QUOTE (nephillymike @ May 10 2018, 09:08 PM) *
The sites predicting them are very accurate. I think over the cap has a good projecting them.

Check it out

I think that I read somewhere that it's salary based whatever that means. How would you figure a guy like Bennett who got a $1million salary but some kind of $6million bonus? I also read someplace where the Jets were expecting 3 picks but only got 1. It's looking like we should do pretty good and I know that Howie is counting on it though. He's so good at that stuff that I'm sure we'll do fine as you point out. I'm not so sure Gowton has it nailed though (btw I think he's the best ever covering the Eagles).

+Quote Post
nephillymike
post May 11 2018, 05:12 AM
Post #6

https://overthecap.com/draft

Check out the table to the right.

It was us getting a 4th and two 6ths.

If you click on the methodology link and the cancellation chart, you see how they arrive at their projections.

If they are right, we would have our 7 picks, plus the 2nd we got for our trade out of the first round this year, plus three comp picks, or 11 total.

Not sure how useful that over flow will be to our talented roster but we'll see.

+Quote Post
Joegrane
post May 11 2018, 09:02 AM
Post #7

Hall of Famer

Ammunition for moving up in the draft.

QUOTE (nephillymike @ May 11 2018, 05:12 AM) *
https://overthecap.com/draft

Check out the table to the right.

It was us getting a 4th and two 6ths.

If you click on the methodology link and the cancellation chart, you see how they arrive at their projections.

If they are right, we would have our 7 picks, plus the 2nd we got for our trade out of the first round this year, plus three comp picks, or 11 total.

Not sure how useful that over flow will be to our talented roster but we'll see.

+Quote Post
eagle60
post May 11 2018, 09:21 AM
Post #8

Veteran

QUOTE (Joegrane @ May 11 2018, 10:02 AM) *
Ammunition for moving up in the draft.

Every year NE has some. Many times they have a couple of first round picks instead of one too. No matter what they do they usually come up smelling like roses. Of course I have to hear about it up here on a daily basis. At least this year I have ammo to fire back at them! Of course their answer now is "we've" got 5 of them". Screw them.

+Quote Post
The Franchise
post May 11 2018, 06:07 PM
Post #9

Hall of Famer

We're pretty set for the foreseeable future. A shitload of picks next year, and not a whole hell of a lot of key guys becoming free agents. On top of that, a couple of guys who are set to become FAs have a chance to prove themselves this year and get paid (Darby, Ajayi, etc.). Others such as Graham and Hicks may be extended or not, but pretty much every position can be replaced in the draft or signing other FAs.

Howie has earned his kudos for sure.

--------------------
"If it came down to both teams were even, talent-wise, I think the opponent's team would win if it came down to coaching. Andy Reid got out-coached in a lot of games, man, a lot of big games."

+Quote Post
eagle60
post May 11 2018, 06:11 PM
Post #10

Veteran

Howie has earned his kudos for sure.

Talk about a guy who went from the outhouse to the penthouse!
[/quote]

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

NFL Football Tickets    football flash games   
RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st September 2018 - 07:24 AM