IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Buy Eagles tickets or search for cheap sports tickets including all playoff games and super bowl tickets @ LetsGetTickets.com
Posts in this topic
> No need to be pretenders
nephillymike
post May 9 2018, 10:11 PM
Post #1

Super Bowl Champs Baybee !!

Group: Members

If we don't get a top three FA in the offseason, there is no way we compete with BOS.

A gritty loss. Showed heart.

But as a coach, it is beyond my comprehension how Brown doesn't force Embiid on the block late in that game.

We are in the bonus, their bigs are in foul trouble, and nimnuts is doing his best Spencer Hawes impersonation. And our fucking coach allows him to do it, time and time again.

And the next time Embiid has a week between getting cleared for concussion and getting the ok for his orbital, can you run him to get him in shape so we don't have to watch the opposing team go on a big 4th Quarter run because Embiid the three point sharp shooter is out of fucking shape.

A real good year, but a frustrating lack of basketball common sense in this series and especially in this game.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
samaroo
post May 10 2018, 12:11 AM
Post #2

Village Idiot

QUOTE (nephillymike @ May 10 2018, 12:11 PM) *
If we don't get a top three FA in the offseason, there is no way we compete with BOS.

A gritty loss. Showed heart.

But as a coach, it is beyond my comprehension how Brown doesn't force Embiid on the block late in that game.

We are in the bonus, their bigs are in foul trouble, and nimnuts is doing his best Spencer Hawes impersonation. And our fucking coach allows him to do it, time and time again.

And the next time Embiid has a week between getting cleared for concussion and getting the ok for his orbital, can you run him to get him in shape so we don't have to watch the opposing team go on a big 4th Quarter run because Embiid the three point sharp shooter is out of fucking shape.

A real good year, but a frustrating lack of basketball common sense in this series and especially in this game.

I was okay with keeping the ball out of his hands late. If he gets the ball and moves immediately, he's a young Hakeem. When he starts thinking and dribbling, he's as likely to dribble off his foot as put up a good shot.

This series was frustrating, but it was also the first look at what this team can/will be. The Sixers are the 2016 Eagles with a better start. Pieces in place for the most part, just need to seal some gaps. Overall, a good season.

Now, if Fultz can remember how to play basketball, and Ben finds a shot, this team is scary.

--------------------
Fly. Eagles fly!

+Quote Post
The Franchise
post May 10 2018, 02:02 AM
Post #3

Hall of Famer

QUOTE (nephillymike @ May 9 2018, 11:11 PM) *

Based on what? The last 4 games, where we competed with Boston? An experienced team with our talent kills Boston. Now we can watch the Cavs spank them.

--------------------
"If it came down to both teams were even, talent-wise, I think the opponent's team would win if it came down to coaching. Andy Reid got out-coached in a lot of games, man, a lot of big games."

+Quote Post
HobbEs
post May 10 2018, 08:19 AM
Post #4

Hall of Famer

My wish list for this offseason:

1. Embiid to develop a back-to-the-basket post game.
2. Simmons to develop a mid-range shot.
3. Trade for Leonard or sign Paul George.

As a bonus maybe Brett Brown gets hit on the head and goes back to the 90's Spurs offense where they actually used their dominant post player in the post.

+Quote Post
Eyrie
post May 10 2018, 01:38 PM
Post #5

Illegal Alien

Relax ... we won the SuperBowl tongue.gif

--------------------
Stuff the Axis application - we're the 2018 SuperBowl Champions!!!!

+Quote Post
The Franchise
post May 10 2018, 02:27 PM
Post #6

Hall of Famer

QUOTE (Eyrie @ May 10 2018, 01:38 PM) *
Relax ... we won the SuperBowl tongue.gif

Stop being so damn reasonable.

As I pointed earlier, look at some of our Pederson rants in Nov/Dec 2016. This whole board was ready to can him.

--------------------
"If it came down to both teams were even, talent-wise, I think the opponent's team would win if it came down to coaching. Andy Reid got out-coached in a lot of games, man, a lot of big games."

+Quote Post
samaroo
post May 10 2018, 08:50 PM
Post #7

Village Idiot

QUOTE (HobbEs @ May 10 2018, 10:19 PM) *
My wish list for this offseason:

1. Embiid to develop a back-to-the-basket post game.
2. Simmons to develop a mid-range shot.
3. Trade for Leonard or sign Paul George.

As a bonus maybe Brett Brown gets hit on the head and goes back to the 90's Spurs offense where they actually used their dominant post player in the post.

I'm a big Kawhi fan, but I'd much rather sign a FA than trade for someone. I don't want to dismantle the young core we have. Especially with all the Kumbaya stuff from the locker room after game 5. I want to see what this team can really do first. And I have pretty high expectations for this team based on what I've seen from this year.

--------------------
Fly. Eagles fly!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

NFL Football Tickets    football flash games   
RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th May 2018 - 04:46 AM