IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Buy Eagles tickets or search for cheap sports tickets including all playoff games and super bowl tickets @ LetsGetTickets.com
Posts in this topic
> Goedert
One
post Apr 29 2018, 10:27 AM
Post #16

Zero retired

Group: Members

I think it's interesting that Goedert compares himself with Travis Kelce after he gets the ball.

--------------------
No one likes us, we don't care.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
eagle60
post May 10 2018, 08:30 PM
Post #17

Veteran

QUOTE (The Franchise @ May 10 2018, 09:11 PM) *
Stats aren't everything in football, but they absolutely matter, as anyone who knows what they're talking about would tell you. For instance, you can look at Ertz's rate of dropped passes over the years and see that he never really had a drop problem (go look it up). Up until last year, he was also never the clear favorite target of whoever was playing QB for us - and that's besides the fact that he has had several different OC's/HC's. Ironically, the one game where Pat Shurmur was head coach was when he was utilized brilliantly, leading to his 'padded stats.' (Believe it or not they still count, even in Week 17 when you're out of the playoffs) Yet another reason to hate Chip Kelly.

As far as the 'eye test,' I have no doubt you managed to catch all of South Dakota State's games last year, which is why you're already declaring Ertz/Goedert as Gronk/Hernandez. I'll save my eye test for when he actually plays against an NFL opponent.

Hey Franchise, we're on the same side here. I think that I explained myself pretty well about the Hernandez-Gronk comment. As for the eye test I guess that you didn't know that I'm a South Dakota season ticket holder.

+Quote Post
samaroo
post May 10 2018, 08:55 PM
Post #18

Village Idiot

As a reference, our "backup" TEs last year played like 9 less snaps than Ertz. And we had multiple TEs on the field like a third of the time. Bitching about the pick because he's not a "starter" is dumb. That type of traditional thinking is going away fast. We were in nickel D last year more than base, IIRC. So, slot corner/3rd S plays more than 3rd LB. Are they not "starters" either?

--------------------
Fly. Eagles fly!

+Quote Post
eagle60
post May 10 2018, 09:07 PM
Post #19

Veteran

QUOTE (samaroo @ May 10 2018, 09:55 PM) *
As a reference, our "backup" TEs last year played like 9 less snaps than Ertz. And we had multiple TEs on the field like a third of the time. Bitching about the pick because he's not a "starter" is dumb. That type of traditional thinking is going away fast. We were in nickel D last year more than base, IIRC. So, slot corner/3rd S plays more than 3rd LB. Are they not "starters" either?

I think that we should just call our base "Jenkins".

+Quote Post
The Franchise
post May 10 2018, 09:44 PM
Post #20

Hall of Famer

QUOTE (eagle60 @ May 10 2018, 09:30 PM) *
As for the eye test I guess that you didn't know that I'm a South Dakota season ticket holder.

Well at least that justifies your excitement for the guy. Just come out and say that then, instead of revising Ertz's history.

--------------------
"If it came down to both teams were even, talent-wise, I think the opponent's team would win if it came down to coaching. Andy Reid got out-coached in a lot of games, man, a lot of big games."

+Quote Post
eagle60
post May 10 2018, 09:49 PM
Post #21

Veteran

QUOTE (The Franchise @ May 10 2018, 10:44 PM) *
Well at least that justifies your excitement for the guy. Just come out and say that then, instead of revising Ertz's history.

Gotcha!

+Quote Post
nephillymike
post May 11 2018, 05:01 AM
Post #22

Super Bowl Champs Baybee !!

QUOTE (eagle60 @ May 10 2018, 08:30 PM) *
Hey Franchise, we're on the same side here. I think that I explained myself pretty well about the Hernandez-Gronk comment. As for the eye test I guess that you didn't know that I'm a South Dakota season ticket holder.

Do you live in Mass or in SD?

+Quote Post
eagle60
post May 11 2018, 09:13 AM
Post #23

Veteran

QUOTE (nephillymike @ May 11 2018, 06:01 AM) *
Do you live in Mass or in SD?

Mass. lol!

+Quote Post
Reality Fan
post May 11 2018, 02:12 PM
Post #24

Keeper Of The Truth

QUOTE (The Franchise @ May 10 2018, 07:40 PM) *
Be excited all you want - but declaring Ertz/Goedert the next Gronk/Hernandez at this point is comically ridiculous. Let's see him play a snap in the NFL first.

Barring injury, and assuming he fits in well, I would expect his production to replace Burton's, which is fine. As for 'waiting 5 years' for Ertz to develop, that's also ridiculous. He broke out in his 2nd year as a solid target, but there wasn't much room for him in that offense, same as with Goedert now. And he's put up almost exactly the same numbers in the last 3 years.

With the amount of 2 TE sets the Birds run I think he will far surpass Burton numbers. He is bigger, just as fast (or close), good hands, loves to block and is seriously athletic and Celek will not be taking snaps away from him which is something you must be missing. I am not saying that he will be the next Gonzalez but I think you grossly underestimate this pick. He will see the field early and often for this team.

--------------------
The sooner you agree with me, the sooner you'll be right.

+Quote Post
The Franchise
post May 11 2018, 05:57 PM
Post #25

Hall of Famer

QUOTE (Reality Fan @ May 11 2018, 02:12 PM) *
With the amount of 2 TE sets the Birds run I think he will far surpass Burton numbers. He is bigger, just as fast (or close), good hands, loves to block and is seriously athletic and Celek will not be taking snaps away from him which is something you must be missing. I am not saying that he will be the next Gonzalez but I think you grossly underestimate this pick. He will see the field early and often for this team.

I'm pretty sure I'm not the one missing anything here. He's out of a Division II school, and hasn't played a snap in the NFL yet. If he beats out Rodgers for snaps he should replace Burton's production - if not, he'll replace Celek's. If he ends up being great, great. Tight ends are impossible to gauge out of college because they all have size and look good against college defenses. If he looks good against the Steelers in early August, sign me up.

For the record I'm a huge fan of Double TE sets, especially in the Red Zone. If he works out it will end up being a great pick. If not, maybe LJ Smith will hire him at his painting studio in Edison, NJ.

--------------------
"If it came down to both teams were even, talent-wise, I think the opponent's team would win if it came down to coaching. Andy Reid got out-coached in a lot of games, man, a lot of big games."

+Quote Post
eagle60
post May 11 2018, 06:08 PM
Post #26

Veteran

It wouldn't surprise me if Rodgers didn't make the team. He's a cheap vet that was some kind of safety net. I'm thinking Ertz, Goedert and Brown.

+Quote Post
The Franchise
post May 11 2018, 07:01 PM
Post #27

Hall of Famer

QUOTE (eagle60 @ May 11 2018, 07:08 PM) *
It wouldn't surprise me if Rodgers didn't make the team. He's a cheap vet that was some kind of safety net. I'm thinking Ertz, Goedert and Brown.

He's a proven NFL tight end, and I liked the signing because he adds veteran depth as a backup, though it's clear he isn't a #1. Brown has to currently be the odd man out. There's rumors we might bring Celek back if need be. There's also speculation we could carry 4 TEs, but 'd be surprised by that.

--------------------

+Quote Post
eagle60
post May 11 2018, 07:07 PM
Post #28

Veteran

QUOTE (The Franchise @ May 11 2018, 08:01 PM) *
He's a proven NFL tight end, and I liked the signing because he adds veteran depth as a backup, though it's clear he isn't a #1. Brown has to currently be the odd man out. There's rumors we might bring Celek back if need be. There's also speculation we could carry 4 TEs, but 'd be surprised by that.

I won't be disappointed if he stays but he did sign ultra cheap. I really doubt that we keep 4 TEs.

Rob Demovsky‚úĒ
@RobDemovsky

Former Packers TE Richard Rodgers' deal with the Eagles was for one year and $880,000. He received a signing bonus of just $45,000, and $200,000 of his $790,000 base salary is guaranteed. He also has a $45,000 workout bonus.

+Quote Post
eagle60
post May 19 2018, 06:26 PM
Post #29

Veteran

Damn this kid can really catch the ball.

https://www.bleedinggreennation.com/2018/5/...elphia-nfl-2018

+Quote Post
rumply
post May 20 2018, 10:17 PM
Post #30

Veteran

QUOTE (eagle60 @ May 19 2018, 07:26 PM) *

sure can, his highlights on youtube are worth a look for those that haven't already, loves those one handers, not that we'll see many of those once thats been trained out of him

+Quote Post
nephillymike
post May 20 2018, 10:41 PM
Post #31

Super Bowl Champs Baybee !!

QUOTE (eagle60 @ May 19 2018, 06:26 PM) *

I just checked it out.

Wow.

The Dakota connection, Wentz to Goedert!

+Quote Post
The Franchise
post May 21 2018, 10:31 AM
Post #32

Hall of Famer

QUOTE (nephillymike @ May 20 2018, 10:41 PM) *
I just checked it out.

Wow.

The Dakota connection, Wentz to Goedert!

Has a ND/SD college player ever connected an NFL pass to another one? I don't think so based on some quick google searches, but don't take my word for it.

History will be made!

--------------------

+Quote Post
eagle60
post May 21 2018, 10:41 AM
Post #33

Veteran

I hope that Goedert turns out to be as good as the last TE that we got from South Dakota State. Does anybody know who that guy was?

+Quote Post
The Franchise
post May 21 2018, 11:12 AM
Post #34

Hall of Famer

QUOTE (eagle60 @ May 21 2018, 11:41 AM) *
I hope that Goedert turns out to be as good as the last TE that we got from South Dakota State. Does anybody know who that guy was?

Since a 10 second google search can tell you every SDST player who ever played in the NFL, Pete Retzlaff. laugh.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
eagle60
post May 21 2018, 01:58 PM
Post #35

Veteran

QUOTE (The Franchise @ May 21 2018, 12:12 PM) *
Since a 10 second google search can tell you every SDST player who ever played in the NFL, Pete Retzlaff. laugh.gif

Cheater!! biggrin.gif Friekin technology has ruined sports trivia fun.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

NFL Football Tickets    football flash games   
RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st September 2018 - 05:34 AM