IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Buy Eagles tickets or search for cheap sports tickets including all playoff games and super bowl tickets @ LetsGetTickets.com
Posts in this topic
- nephillymike   Sixers Playoffs, Up 3-1 and coming home   Apr 21 2018, 07:08 PM
- - nephillymike   Hey D, You promised me that Lakers pick would be ...   May 2 2018, 08:09 PM
- - The Franchise   I miss these kinds of threads, getting along after...   May 3 2018, 10:19 AM
|- - Reality Fan   QUOTE (The Franchise @ May 3 2018, 11:19 ...   May 3 2018, 09:46 PM
|- - The Franchise   QUOTE (Reality Fan @ May 3 2018, 09:46 PM...   May 3 2018, 10:21 PM
- - nephillymike   Havlicek stole the ball Havlicek stole the ball Ha...   May 5 2018, 10:08 PM
|- - The Franchise   Brett Brown completely lost Game 2. You can argue...   May 5 2018, 10:17 PM
- - Reality Fan   Some observations that are disturbing.... 1. TJ p...   May 5 2018, 11:19 PM
|- - nephillymike   QUOTE (Reality Fan @ May 5 2018, 11:19 PM...   May 6 2018, 06:04 AM
|- - Reality Fan   QUOTE (nephillymike @ May 6 2018, 07:04 A...   May 6 2018, 08:14 AM
|- - nephillymike   QUOTE (Reality Fan @ May 6 2018, 08:14 AM...   May 6 2018, 08:54 AM
- - The Franchise   Jesus H Christ guys, they won more games this year...   May 6 2018, 03:44 PM
- - nephillymike   QUOTE (The Franchise @ May 6 2018, 03:44 ...   May 6 2018, 03:57 PM
- - The Franchise   QUOTE (nephillymike @ May 6 2018, 03:57 P...   May 6 2018, 04:12 PM
- - Reality Fan   QUOTE (The Franchise @ May 6 2018, 05:12 ...   May 6 2018, 04:52 PM
|- - The Franchise   QUOTE (Reality Fan @ May 6 2018, 05:52 PM...   May 6 2018, 09:43 PM
- - nephillymike   QUOTE (The Franchise @ May 6 2018, 04:12 ...   May 6 2018, 05:06 PM
- - Reality Fan   QUOTE (nephillymike @ May 6 2018, 06:06 P...   May 7 2018, 07:32 AM
- - The Franchise   QUOTE (Reality Fan @ May 7 2018, 07:32 AM...   May 7 2018, 12:15 PM
> Sixers Playoffs, Up 3-1 and coming home
nephillymike
post Apr 21 2018, 07:08 PM
Post #31

Super Bowl Champs Baybee !!

Group: Members

It wasn't pretty, but the fact that despite 27 turnovers and poor 3pt shooting,they came out with a road victory where they got screwed all game by the refs.

Impressive.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
nephillymike
post May 2 2018, 08:09 PM
Post #32

Hey D,

You promised me that Lakers pick would be a lot better than 10.

I'm OK if at ten, my boy from Nova is still there. Otherwise, you did me wrong.

+Quote Post
Reality Fan
post May 3 2018, 07:04 AM
Post #33

Keeper Of The Truth

QUOTE (nephillymike @ May 2 2018, 09:07 PM) *
Re-up Redick for three more years for $ 17 mill and call it even. Shit, with time value of money, he'll be ahead of the game.

I'm in. Anyone?

I am in...though according to D and his vast NBA knowledge Reddick only wants 10 mill per.....lol

He has been terrific as a player and a leader.

--------------------
The sooner you agree with me, the sooner you'll be right.

+Quote Post
The Franchise
post May 3 2018, 10:19 AM
Post #34

Hall of Famer

I miss these kinds of threads, getting along after winning a SB is so boring. laugh.gif

O where art thou mcnabbulous?

--------------------
"If it came down to both teams were even, talent-wise, I think the opponent's team would win if it came down to coaching. Andy Reid got out-coached in a lot of games, man, a lot of big games."

+Quote Post
Reality Fan
post May 3 2018, 09:46 PM
Post #35

Keeper Of The Truth

QUOTE (The Franchise @ May 3 2018, 11:19 AM) *
I miss these kinds of threads, getting along after winning a SB is so boring. laugh.gif

O where art thou mcnabbulous?

I didn’t miss it. But apparently I missed Reddick saying he would play for much less than any person remotely familiar with nba predicted. Who knew? Not only that....according to our local nba genius he went public to embarrass the guy who signed him to a one year by telling everyone that he would have settled for 10 per.

Funny stuff. It would not be so bad if he didn’t have to be a dick about it.

--------------------

+Quote Post
The Franchise
post May 3 2018, 10:21 PM
Post #36

Hall of Famer

QUOTE (Reality Fan @ May 3 2018, 09:46 PM) *
I didn’t miss it. But apparently I missed Reddick saying he would play for much less than any person remotely familiar with nba predicted. Who knew? Not only that....according to our local nba genius he went public to embarrass the guy who signed him to a one year by telling everyone that he would have settled for 10 per.

Funny stuff. It would not be so bad if he didn’t have to be a dick about it.

I hear ya.

Speaking of Reddick, kudos to him for keeping this one respectable. Covington too.

--------------------
"If it came down to both teams were even, talent-wise, I think the opponent's team would win if it came down to coaching. Andy Reid got out-coached in a lot of games, man, a lot of big games."

+Quote Post
nephillymike
post May 5 2018, 10:08 PM
Post #37

Havlicek stole the ball
Havlicek stole the ball
Havlicek stole the ball

Once in 1965

And three fucking times tonight!

The good news is that we now know we aren't close to Boston and need to gear up this offseason. Illusions of grandeur on hold for now. Need a busy offseason.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=J4fTjcJwImw

+Quote Post
The Franchise
post May 5 2018, 10:17 PM
Post #38

Hall of Famer

Brett Brown completely lost Game 2. You can argue he lost this one as well.

They played so well leading up to the playoffs and in Round 1 that we jumped the gun on where this team is at. It sucks, but we have a very bright future. All I want is for them to take Game 4 in Philly for the fans.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Reality Fan
post May 5 2018, 11:19 PM
Post #39

Keeper Of The Truth

Some observations that are disturbing....

1. TJ played better at running the offense AGAIN. That is worriesome although there were a few reported sightings of some kind of jumpshot from Simmons.
2. How do they throw errant passes after so much emphasis on cutting down on TOs
3. How do you throw away a ball so badly on your final possession with the game on the line. it is one thing to throw it away to a cutting player but to lose it setting up your offense? That is coaching.
4. Brown has not had a good series at all. He is clearly overmatched in this one....can he learn? We will see.

Sad to see how far away we are....they are without their 2 top players in Irving and Hayward and we have to watch Tatum rip it up as Fultz sits on the bench mail ordering himself a new jumper.

Sad day.

--------------------

+Quote Post
nephillymike
post May 6 2018, 06:04 AM
Post #40

QUOTE (Reality Fan @ May 5 2018, 11:19 PM) *
Some observations that are disturbing....

1. TJ played better at running the offense AGAIN. That is worriesome although there were a few reported sightings of some kind of jumpshot from Simmons.
2. How do they throw errant passes after so much emphasis on cutting down on TOs
3. How do you throw away a ball so badly on your final possession with the game on the line. it is one thing to throw it away to a cutting player but to lose it setting up your offense? That is coaching.
4. Brown has not had a good series at all. He is clearly overmatched in this one....can he learn? We will see.

Sad to see how far away we are....they are without their 2 top players in Irving and Hayward and we have to watch Tatum rip it up as Fultz sits on the bench mail ordering himself a new jumper.

Sad day.

And they have three extra 1st round picks in the next few years compared to our one extra first. Sure, we have 7 extra 2nd round picks, but in the NBA, they are such longshots that their value is minimal.

https://basketball.realgm.com/nba/draft/future_drafts/team

We better get busy signing a top tier free agent.

+Quote Post
Reality Fan
post May 6 2018, 08:14 AM
Post #41

Keeper Of The Truth

QUOTE (nephillymike @ May 6 2018, 07:04 AM) *
And they have three extra 1st round picks in the next few years compared to our one extra first. Sure, we have 7 extra 2nd round picks, but in the NBA, they are such longshots that their value is minimal.

https://basketball.realgm.com/nba/draft/future_drafts/team

We better get busy signing a top tier free agent.

Well...at least they can sign Reddick cheap because he only wants "3-4 years for 30-40 million" hahahahaha

2nds are nearly worthless because, as you said, they are complete longshots.. It is very concerning right now. Is the difference in the 2 teams talent or coaching?

--------------------

+Quote Post
nephillymike
post May 6 2018, 08:54 AM
Post #42

QUOTE (Reality Fan @ May 6 2018, 08:14 AM) *
Well...at least they can sign Reddick cheap because he only wants "3-4 years for 30-40 million" hahahahaha

2nds are nearly worthless because, as you said, they are complete longshots.. It is very concerning right now. Is the difference in the 2 teams talent or coaching?

Oh , yeah, um, they got the better coach too.

Stevens owned Nova too. He can flat out coach.

When you take away a team's best two players, and they are up 3-0 in a series they were underdogs in, then yes, a lot of it is coaching.

+Quote Post
The Franchise
post May 6 2018, 03:44 PM
Post #43

Hall of Famer

Jesus H Christ guys, they won more games this year than they have since making it to the Finals. They doubled their win total from last year, including the first round.

It's been a very disappointing series. Brett Brown has been completely outmatched, and this young team is showing their lack of experience. Game 2 was the worst display of coaching I've ever seen in my life. If Brown can't learn how to coach meaningful games, we eventually get rid of him. But we have a very bright future with our talent. Give it a rest.

--------------------

+Quote Post
nephillymike
post May 6 2018, 03:57 PM
Post #44

QUOTE (The Franchise @ May 6 2018, 03:44 PM) *
Jesus H Christ guys, they won more games this year than they have since making it to the Finals. They doubled their win total from last year, including the first round.

It's been a very disappointing series. Brett Brown has been completely outmatched, and this young team is showing their lack of experience. Game 2 was the worst display of coaching I've ever seen in my life. If Brown can't learn how to coach meaningful games, we eventually get rid of him. But we have a very bright future with our talent. Give it a rest.

Let me say, if we lose this series, the season is still an unquestioned success.

However, the talent and asset gap between us and the Celtics is clear and that is a huge concern. Before this series, I was not aware of that. They are in our division and that is the team we need to beat.

The process is about winning it all. Project how this team will surpass the Celtics. Talk me down from the ledge on that one.

I expected they'd beat a hobbled BOS team in six, with the expectation we would need seasoning to beat them at full strength. Seeing this against their hobbled team with Tatum tearing it up, I need too rethink it..

+Quote Post
The Franchise
post May 6 2018, 04:12 PM
Post #45

Hall of Famer

QUOTE (nephillymike @ May 6 2018, 03:57 PM) *
The process is about winning it all. Project how this team will surpass the Celtics. Talk me down from the ledge on that one.

I expected they'd beat a hobbled BOS team in six, with the expectation we would need seasoning to beat them at full strength. Seeing this against their hobbled team with Tatum tearing it up, I need too rethink it..

I'd love to talk you down from the ledge, but I don't have to. Go back to Nov/Dec 2016 on this very board, and read some of the threads about Pedey, the Eagles, etc. Including your own comments and posts.

It's in our blood as Philly fans to be lunatics. That's what happens when you win a title once a generation on average. Cocksucking, smug fanbases like Boston, who have had 10 championship parades since 2000, don't have the same problems.

The Sixers are going to win a title within a couple years. We will cut down on the stupid turnovers, and Simmons will learn how to shoot.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Reality Fan
post May 6 2018, 04:52 PM
Post #46

Keeper Of The Truth

QUOTE (The Franchise @ May 6 2018, 05:12 PM) *
I'd love to talk you down from the ledge, but I don't have to. Go back to Nov/Dec 2016 on this very board, and read some of the threads about Pedey, the Eagles, etc. Including your own comments and posts.

It's in our blood as Philly fans to be lunatics. That's what happens when you win a title once a generation on average. Cocksucking, smug fanbases like Boston, who have had 10 championship parades since 2000, don't have the same problems.

The Sixers are going to win a title within a couple years. We will cut down on the stupid turnovers, and Simmons will learn how to shoot.

I don’t disagree that there is talent here but the coaching now has me concerned. How he could not get these kids focused worries me.

--------------------

+Quote Post
nephillymike
post May 6 2018, 05:06 PM
Post #47

QUOTE (The Franchise @ May 6 2018, 04:12 PM) *

It seems that the NBA is tougher to break into the top two than the NFL. Also, it seems that BOS did it the anti- process way, which is a kick in the groin.

+Quote Post
The Franchise
post May 6 2018, 09:43 PM
Post #48

Hall of Famer

QUOTE (Reality Fan @ May 6 2018, 05:52 PM) *
I don’t disagree that there is talent here but the coaching now has me concerned. How he could not get these kids focused worries me.

I agree completely - I was simply saying that a year and a half ago many of us were ready to write off Pederson.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Reality Fan
post May 7 2018, 07:32 AM
Post #49

Keeper Of The Truth

QUOTE (nephillymike @ May 6 2018, 06:06 PM) *
It seems that the NBA is tougher to break into the top two than the NFL. Also, it seems that BOS did it the anti- process way, which is a kick in the groin.

I am curious how those who don't want Lebron here feel? I am not being a smart ass, I wonder if it has changed seeing the need for someone who relishes finishing a game. I can understand the argument for growing these kids organically and that they will get better with age but Boston is also young, talented and they have the draft capital to get even better.

Has anyone changed their mind? I am still not sure who the best FA pickup will be myself so there is no judgement on my side, just curiosity.

--------------------

+Quote Post
The Franchise
post May 7 2018, 12:15 PM
Post #50

Hall of Famer

QUOTE (Reality Fan @ May 7 2018, 07:32 AM) *
I am curious how those who don't want Lebron here feel? I am not being a smart ass, I wonder if it has changed seeing the need for someone who relishes finishing a game. I can understand the argument for growing these kids organically and that they will get better with age but Boston is also young, talented and they have the draft capital to get even better.

Has anyone changed their mind? I am still not sure who the best FA pickup will be myself so there is no judgement on my side, just curiosity.

No Lebron.

The problem is coaching, and stupid mistakes by a young team (also attributed to coaching). Stevens has looked like a genius on the other side.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

NFL Football Tickets    football flash games   
RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st May 2018 - 03:56 AM