IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Buy Eagles tickets or search for cheap sports tickets including all playoff games and super bowl tickets @ LetsGetTickets.com
Posts in this topic
> The Sixers have a big problem., And only a few options and little time to fix it
nephillymike
post Jul 4 2018, 10:40 AM
Post #1

Super Bowl Champs Baybee !!

Group: Members

Rewind to last year.

It was February 11th.

The Sixers were 28-25 and in and out of the playoff's 8th seed and last lottery pick 9th seed.

They traded for Marco Bellinelli and proceeded to go 24-5 the rest of the way.

Seven games after that trade, they traded for Ilyasova and went 20-3 from that point.

Marco played 27.3 min per game in the playoffs and Ily played 23.3, 6th and 7th most on the team, just below Roco 28.1.

They were intregal parts of our success. Their speed game, spread the floor, 3 PT capabilities made this the late year team we remember. Sure, some of the improvement was from internal growth, but their skills added a bunch to our success.

Their on court plus minus was 10.8 and 8.9 Pts per 100 possessions. Good enough for 2nd and 4th on the team, better than Simmons, Redick and Saric.

We got Redick back. Great move.

We traded for K. Chandler, a 30 yr old, below average player with similar 3pt % as Ily, 35.8 vs Ily 36.1. But he is not as skilled for his team as Ily. He will play wing D better, but lacks other skills in comparison. At a cost of 12.8M.

And, we still don't have the Marco piece.

I will take a look and see what is left in FA that could help out. Almost all of my short list is gone. With tons of cap room entering FA, plenty of "assets", years of suffering, it is not acceptable to go into next year less talented than the year before.

On another note, A. Johnson got the NBA hustle award the other day for '17-'18. His play dwindled to only a 9th best 11.8 minutes per game in the playoffs. Do you bring him back or roll the dice with Holmes? He made 11M last year, but will likely command about half that this year.

We need to find a 3 PT shooter soon, and either resign Johnson or find an upgrade soon. The process cannot take a step backward!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
nephillymike
post Jul 4 2018, 03:18 PM
Post #2

3 PT shooters
1. Ellington UFA
2. Tolliver UFA
3. Hood RFA

Centers
1. Harrell RFA
2. O'Quinn UFA
3. A. Johnson UFA

Current teams get to match offers for RFA.

We have more favorable cap situations than most so we should be able to pry them away if we want.

Give me one from each group and I am Ok. Not Lebron happy great. Just OK.

+Quote Post
nephillymike
post Jul 13 2018, 08:37 PM
Post #3

Free Agency was below average.

Basically, we resigned Redick and Johnson.

Then we exchanged Ilyasova and Bellinelli for Chandler and Bjelica. A decrease in talent level at a greater cap cost this year.

With all of the assets and cap space we had, this is all we got.

Ellington just reupped for one year and 6 million with Miami. That 6 million was better served here. He is an excellent 3 PT shooter that would have helped spread the floor.

There is the possible internal improvement by Embiid, Simmons and Fultz. Improvement is likely, although no idea on Embiids injury status next year. However, we needed internal improvement plus improvement thru FA. We came up short.

Six mill for one year for improvement.

I look at the other improvements in the East, and I have us fourth or fifth in the conference:
1. BOS
2. TOR
3. IND
4. PHI/MIL
5. PHI/MIL
6. WAS
7. MIA
8. CLE

Totally unacceptable. We tanked for THIS team? And the WEST is better, so we are about 12th overall.

Really?

+Quote Post
Joegrane
post Jul 13 2018, 10:29 PM
Post #4

Hall of Famer

My impression is that Chandler and Bjelica are better on D, at least in limited minutes.

Saw a rumor that Toronto is a possible landing spot for Kawhi L. That would shift their chances.

Isn't Ellington a below average defender?

QUOTE (nephillymike @ Jul 13 2018, 09:37 PM) *
Free Agency was below average.

Basically, we resigned Redick and Johnson.

Then we exchanged Ilyasova and Bellinelli for Chandler and Bjelica. A decrease in talent level at a greater cap cost this year.

With all of the assets and cap space we had, this is all we got.

Ellington just reupped for one year and 6 million with Miami. That 6 million was better served here. He is an excellent 3 PT shooter that would have helped spread the floor.

There is the possible internal improvement by Embiid, Simmons and Fultz. Improvement is likely, although no idea on Embiids injury status next year. However, we needed internal improvement plus improvement thru FA. We came up short.

Six mill for one year for improvement.

I look at the other improvements in the East, and I have us fourth or fifth in the conference:
1. BOS
2. TOR
3. IND
4. PHI/MIL
5. PHI/MIL
6. WAS
7. MIA
8. CLE

Totally unacceptable. We tanked for THIS team? And the WEST is better, so we are about 12th overall.

Really?

+Quote Post
nephillymike
post Jul 14 2018, 01:22 PM
Post #5

QUOTE (Joegrane @ Jul 13 2018, 10:29 PM) *
My impression is that Chandler and Bjelica are better on D, at least in limited minutes.

Saw a rumor that Toronto is a possible landing spot for Kawhi L. That would shift their chances.

Isn't Ellington a below average defender?

Yes.

He is 87th, Redick 88th and Bellinelli 102nd in Real Def +/- for SG.

Overall real plus minus, Redick is 20th, Ellington 27th and Bellinelli was 54th.

Redick type skills for half the price, and better than Marco for the same price but one year less term.

This one will hurt. Should have been a no brainer.

Look at Korkmaz stats from G league. He ain't the answer.

Hopefully we're good enough to not regress. Hoping win the 4-5 matchup and then play better in the second round to either BOS or TOR.

+Quote Post
Joegrane
post Jul 14 2018, 07:59 PM
Post #6

Hall of Famer

Don't say that to me at this time about korkmaz. We need one of those young wings to step up,

I'm hoping that korkmaz got dinged up early In the 2nd game. I'm hoping he fills the Bellenelli role next year and challenges Fultz for backup SG minutes this year. They also need enough talent at backup SG to keep Redick.fresh.

QUOTE (nephillymike @ Jul 14 2018, 02:22 PM) *
Yes.

He is 87th, Redick 88th and Bellinelli 102nd in Real Def +/- for SG.

Overall real plus minus, Redick is 20th, Ellington 27th and Bellinelli was 54th.

Redick type skills for half the price, and better than Marco for the same price but one year less term.

This one will hurt. Should have been a no brainer.

Hopefully we're good enough to not regress. Hoping win the 4-5 matchup and then play better in the second round to either BOS or TOR.

+Quote Post
Joegrane
post Jul 15 2018, 12:11 PM
Post #7

Hall of Famer

Korkmaz had another good game last night, including late heroics.

He was 2-5 from 3 and finished with a +9 rating.

I think he's ready to contribute. Physically he looks more mature.
http://www.nba.com/games/20180714/PHIMIL#/boxscore
https://www.nbcsports.com/philadelphia/76er...a-summer-league

QUOTE (Joegrane @ Jul 14 2018, 08:59 PM) *
Don't say that to me at this time about korkmaz. We need one of those young wings to step up,

I'm hoping that korkmaz got dinged up early In the 2nd game. I'm hoping he fills the Bellenelli role next year and challenges Fultz for backup SG minutes this year. They also need enough talent at backup SG to keep Redick.fresh.

+Quote Post
nephillymike
post Jul 15 2018, 05:48 PM
Post #8

QUOTE (Joegrane @ Jul 15 2018, 12:11 PM) *
Korkmaz had another good game last night, including late heroics.

He was 2-5 from 3 and finished with a +9 rating.

I think he's ready to contribute. Physically he looks more mature.
http://www.nba.com/games/20180714/PHIMIL#/boxscore
https://www.nbcsports.com/philadelphia/76er...a-summer-league

He had an excellent finish in a good come from behind.

Good to see.

I don't know if he has what it takes to be a top nine contributor; that shooter off the bench.

+Quote Post
nephillymike
post Jul 15 2018, 07:32 PM
Post #9

I Eagle60'd it.

+Quote Post
nephillymike
post Jul 17 2018, 09:08 PM
Post #10

Bjelica just turned down the Sixers and took his talents back to Europe.

So now we have Chandler minus Ilyasova and Bellinelli.

Not good at all.

+Quote Post
Joegrane
post Yesterday, 10:32 PM
Post #11

Hall of Famer

and Kawhi is going to Toronto. They had to give up players to get him but I presume they will be improved.

QUOTE (nephillymike @ Jul 17 2018, 10:08 PM) *
Bjelica just turned down the Sixers and took his talents back to Europe.

So now we have Chandler minus Ilyasova and Bellinelli.

Not good at all.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

NFL Football Tickets    football flash games   
RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th July 2018 - 02:36 AM