IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Buy Eagles tickets or search for cheap sports tickets including all playoff games and super bowl tickets @ LetsGetTickets.com
Posts in this topic
> Interesting Roob factoids
Birdwatcher
post Jun 22 2018, 11:08 AM
Post #1

Hall of Famer

Group: Members

Five quarterbacks in NFL history have had a passer rating of 101.9 or higher in their second NFL season [minimum of 200 attempts]. Three of them are Hall of Famers – Otto Graham, Kurt Warner and Dan Marino. The other two are … Carson Wentz and Nick Foles.

It still blows my mind that the Eagles won the Super Bowl just two years after Chip Kelly was fired. Think about that. Jeff Lurie, Howie Roseman and Pederson overhauled the entire franchise from late 2015 train wreck to 2017 NFL champs in 769 days.

During that span, the Browns have won one game. laugh.gif

Kind of lost in all the Super Bowl insanity – Philly Special, Nick Foles’ performance, Brandon Graham’s strip-sack, the 4th-down conversion to Zach Ertz – was LeGarrette Blount’s remarkable performance. Blount’s 6.4 rushing average that day (14 for 90) is highest in NFL postseason history by a back 31 or older. The previous record was Tiki Barber’s 5.3 for the Giants in the 2006 wild-card game that the Eagles won at the Linc. Blount destroyed that record. And it came after a stretch in which Blount had averaged just 3.7 yards per carry in his previous eight games. Blount wasn’t here long but what a tremendous impact he made both as an unfailingly unselfish leader and as a battering-ram running back.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Dreagon
post Jun 22 2018, 03:11 PM
Post #2

Hall of Famer

QUOTE (Birdwatcher @ Jun 22 2018, 10:08 AM) *
It still blows my mind that the Eagles won the Super Bowl just two years after Chip Kelly was fired. Think about that. Jeff Lurie, Howie Roseman and Pederson overhauled the entire franchise from late 2015 train wreck to 2017 NFL champs in 769 days.

During that span, the Browns have won one game. laugh.gif

I can not imagine being a Browns fan. My old roommate (RIP) was one, and he had it bad enough back then. These days it must be like discovering there is a level below Hell, and then being forced to move in there with your mother-in-law.

+Quote Post
Joegrane
post Jun 22 2018, 05:34 PM
Post #3

Hall of Famer

I think they will be much improved, maybe even approach 500.

QUOTE (Dreagon @ Jun 22 2018, 04:11 PM) *
I can not imagine being a Browns fan. My old roommate (RIP) was one, and he had it bad enough back then. These days it must be like discovering there is a level below Hell, and then being forced to move in there with your mother-in-law.

+Quote Post
Rick
post Jun 23 2018, 07:30 AM
Post #4

Hall of Famer

QUOTE (Joegrane @ Jun 22 2018, 05:34 PM) *
I think they will be much improved, maybe even approach 500.

Me smells a bet...

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

NFL Football Tickets    football flash games   
RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th November 2018 - 06:44 AM