IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Buy Eagles tickets or search for cheap sports tickets including all playoff games and super bowl tickets @ LetsGetTickets.com
Posts in this topic
> Mandatory Mini Camp
Joegrane
post Jun 12 2018, 10:05 AM
Post #1

Hall of Famer

Group: Members

Sproles and Bennett have arrived.

Is any of this camp open to the public?

Is J Peters expected to be ready at this point?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
eagle60
post Jun 12 2018, 11:05 AM
Post #2

Veteran

QUOTE (Joegrane @ Jun 12 2018, 11:05 AM) *

It's nice of His Highness Bennett to show up.

+Quote Post
Joegrane
post Jun 12 2018, 08:41 PM
Post #3

Hall of Famer

The list of players who are limited due to injury is not short.
https://www.bleedinggreennation.com/2018/6/...s-achilles-body

QUOTE (eagle60 @ Jun 12 2018, 12:05 PM) *
It's nice of His Highness Bennett to show up.

+Quote Post
Joegrane
post Jun 13 2018, 10:15 PM
Post #4

Hall of Famer

The following are two encouraging reports from camp

4. Darren Sproles got a few more reps coming out of the backfield against air and he still has it. So quick, so agile, so smooth coming out of the backfield. He doesn’t need the extra reps. Just bubble-wrap him until Week 1.

10. During 11-on-11s, Donnel Pumphrey got a rare rep with the first team and he made the most of it. He caught a quick little swing pass and then showed off some athleticism and shiftiness. Like we’ve said before about Pumphrey … long way to go, but his NFL career isn’t dead yet.

https://www.nbcsports.com/philadelphia/eagl...-alshon-jeffery

Pumphrey is a guy I'll be watching with interest this Summer. A guy with his accomplishments in college and 4.48 speed isn't going to fail to make plays when healthy. I would not be surprised if Pump ends up being injury-prone like Smallwood due to a lack of size but he's going to make plays.

QUOTE (Joegrane @ Jun 12 2018, 11:05 AM) *

+Quote Post
eagle60
post Jun 14 2018, 04:31 PM
Post #5

Veteran

Ajayi, Sproles and Clement are locks if they are healthy. With Sproles and Clement on the roster I don't see why they need a flea like Pumps.

+Quote Post
Joegrane
post Jun 18 2018, 08:27 AM
Post #6

Hall of Famer

They drafted him in the 4th round so someone really liked him.

If Sproles plays past this year, maybe they move on from trying to develop Pumphrey.

I assume they were hoping to fill Sproles role somewhat. However, according to spider chart data Pump is not nearly as strong and also does not have Sproles elite lateral quickness. Sproles is a rare human being.

QUOTE (eagle60 @ Jun 14 2018, 05:31 PM) *
Ajayi, Sproles and Clement are locks if they are healthy. With Sproles and Clement on the roster I don't see why they need a flea like Pumps.

+Quote Post
Joegrane
post Jun 18 2018, 08:38 AM
Post #7

Hall of Famer

One question I had going into camp was about R. Douglas' role in the secondary.

I was surprised about how well he played last year as a rookie. His size and physicality seem suited for a role as a Safety/CB somewhat like M Jenkins. The Eagles could use a young safety, especially with the crazy McLeod contract next year.

The issue seems settled for now. Someone tweeted:

"Cory Undlin said there aren't any thoughts of moving Rasul Douglas to safety right now. Feels he could play it if need be but is very happy with Douglas on the outside at CB"

Maybe he'll get some PT in this role, one I thought we might see in the Super Bowl, but didn't.

"I thought Douglas was more up and down this spring. His lack of speed is clearly still a hindrance. His physicality, on the other hands, can be one of his strengths. I specifically remember watching him on a rep where he lined up against Goedert and totally dislodged the tight end from his route."
https://www.bleedinggreennation.com/2018/6/...phia-nfl-gibson

+Quote Post
eagle60
post Jun 18 2018, 11:08 AM
Post #8

Veteran

QUOTE (Joegrane @ Jun 18 2018, 09:38 AM) *
One question I had going into camp was about R. Douglas' role in the secondary.

I was surprised about how well he played last year as a rookie. His size and physicality seem suited for a role as a Safety/CB somewhat like M Jenkins. The Eagles could use a young safety, especially with the crazy McLeod contract next year.

The issue seems settled for now. Someone tweeted:

"Cory Undlin said there aren't any thoughts of moving Rasul Douglas to safety right now. Feels he could play it if need be but is very happy with Douglas on the outside at CB"

Maybe he'll get some PT in this role, one I thought we might see in the Super Bowl, but didn't.

"I thought Douglas was more up and down this spring. His lack of speed is clearly still a hindrance. His physicality, on the other hands, can be one of his strengths. I specifically remember watching him on a rep where he lined up against Goedert and totally dislodged the tight end from his route."
https://www.bleedinggreennation.com/2018/6/...phia-nfl-gibson

We seem loaded back there from OTA reports but then these reports always sound like that. According to them we are going to win the SB every year (last year they were finally right!). I remember when I used to go to Bethlehem for camp that I used to come home convinced that we were going to win it all but it never happened. We always looked great until the other teams showed up LOL. I hope that's not the case again this year. We've got a great team on paper but we all know how hard it is to repeat. The guy that I feel we just can't replace is Kelce because the falloff at his spot would be dramatic. We don't even have an average center behind him. I almost feel the same way about Carson if he goes down. Nick was sensational in the playoffs but I think that he just got hot at the right time. Otherwise I think that he's pretty much an average NFL QB who would need a terrific defense to give us a winning team.

+Quote Post
nephillymike
post Jun 18 2018, 02:01 PM
Post #9

Super Bowl Champs Baybee !!

QUOTE (eagle60 @ Jun 18 2018, 11:08 AM) *
We seem loaded back there from OTA reports but then these reports always sound like that. According to them we are going to win the SB every year (last year they were finally right!). I remember when I used to go to Bethlehem for camp that I used to come home convinced that we were going to win it all but it never happened. We always looked great until the other teams showed up LOL. I hope that's not the case again this year. We've got a great team on paper but we all know how hard it is to repeat. The guy that I feel we just can't replace is Kelce because the falloff at his spot would be dramatic. We don't even have an average center behind him. I almost feel the same way about Carson if he goes down. Nick was sensational in the playoffs but I think that he just got hot at the right time. Otherwise I think that he's pretty much an average NFL QB who would need a terrific defense to give us a winning team.

Wiz was an above average center before coming here. He's been a very good guard for us. I think we have more depth at C with Wiz than we do at OG with Chim Chim and Sprital as our backup OGs.

That being said, I definitely don't want to lose Kelce.

+Quote Post
Joegrane
post Jun 18 2018, 02:13 PM
Post #10

Hall of Famer

I assume we are going to get to see what Seumalo can do at Center this Summer. When he was drafted some people were saying C is his most natural position.

QUOTE (nephillymike @ Jun 18 2018, 03:01 PM) *
Wiz was an above average center before coming here. He's been a very good guard for us. I think we have more depth at C with Wiz than we do at OG with Chim Chim and Sprital as our backup OGs.

That being said, I definitely don't want to lose Kelce.

+Quote Post
eagle60
post Jun 18 2018, 06:44 PM
Post #11

Veteran

I just don't agree on Wiz at center but he might be our only option which would severely weaken two spots with Warmack filling in. Seumalo might be a better center than guard though. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MnRelG1Zp68

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

NFL Football Tickets    football flash games   
RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 13th December 2018 - 07:31 PM