IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Buy Eagles tickets or search for cheap sports tickets including all playoff games and super bowl tickets @ LetsGetTickets.com
Posts in this topic
> Your Best Eleven Eagles of all time
nephillymike
post Jun 21 2018, 10:38 AM
Post #1

Super Bowl Champs Baybee !!

Group: Members

QUOTE (eagle60 @ Jun 21 2018, 09:55 AM) *
It didn't bother you how he skipped out of a game at halftime to go to a party with Whitney Houston? Or not study QB at all and instead studied for his tv show? How about taking off for his so called baby delivery (that happened two weeks later)the week before the playoff game with Dallas because he wasn't starting and not knowing any of the plays when Rodney Peete got hurt? He was a selfish egomaniac and didn't have anything to do with the team. Did you ever read "Bringing the Heat" about the 1992 Eagles team where the author spent a year with the team? I happened to have the good fortune of staying at Mike Golek's house for a weekend just before the second game against Washington that year. Nobody on the team could stand him and Golek actually had a segment called "Golek's got it" where he did skits on his show and was a riot but still couldn't stand him. I was in Mike's living room when he got the call from Reggie White that his stepfather was murdered in Tennessee that night. Great athlete and phoney asshole is Cunningham's MO. Don't tell me Cunningham deserved to be on that list because there are too many reasons why he shouldn't be. Why don't you rewatch that tv show where some of this stuff is verified? I gave you the linc and it's only 40 minutes long. Now he's some phony minister to get even more attention. I'm just not buying. Like I said great athlete but not on the Philly list. He did change his tune when he got to Minnesota but that didn't do the Eagles any good. I'll never forgive him for screwing the Eagles when he could have been one of the best ever.

I agree with the gist of most of this, sad to say. He didn't grow up until he got to MIN. He and others left a preseason game at half to go to the party. I don't hold that against him. But not being prepared for that playoff game as a backup to Peete, inexcusable. He matured after he left here and it was a shame somebody couldn't kick his sensitive ass earlier to get the best out of him while here. Buddy's ego and the way he treated the offense as red headed step children, gave us little chance at getting a real OC here. Maybe a real one would have gotten more out of the baby.

Remember him turning his jacket inside out while that great talent Bubby Brister started ahead of the big baby?

Still a hell of a talent who was benched several times and only was selected to three PB by his peers despite incredible talent.

The defense he read in the opener his first year in MIN, was the FIRST defense he ever read. Clueless in that regard as an Eagles QB and had NO desire to change.

So in summary, although he makes my top 20, Fuck him.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

NFL Football Tickets    football flash games   
RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th November 2018 - 11:40 PM